SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Sage User

MetaData not showing names in SageV7

I tried to install BMT once back when I was running Sage V6, and it was enough of a pain that I eventually just uninstalled it. I figured I'd give it another shot and see how it worked out with V7, especially since the install process was so easy.

All I've done so far is go to the Plugin manager and install the Library service and the web interface. It seems to be automatically scanning the folders of my imported files and getting MetaData for them. However, it's really not displaying the way I'd like.

For example, I have a folder for the TV Show Mythbusters. Inside the folder "Mythbusters" is a folder called "Season 6". Inside "Season 6" are 20 files, each named Mythbusters.S06.EXX.avi. All of the MetaData has been successfully grabbed. To the right, I can see an episode description, and if I select "Info", I get to see actors, episode names, etc. HOWEVER, the file name when I'm selecting from a list is still Mythbusters.S06.EXX.avi! Isn't there a way to make the list now have the actual episode name, instead of the file name? The Episode description isn't always enough information and the episode name would be very helpful to be able to see.

I've scrolled through the sage options on that screen and the web interface for BMT and I'm just not seeing anything close to what I want here. Am I missing something obvious?

J
Old 08-09-2010, 02:11 AM
SageTVaholic

That is just how the folder view works. I believe it will always display the Filename. the other views, title, etc, show the mediatitle. Something you might look into, is moving the imported videos into the sage recordings, which is an optional feature of BMT. I find using the Malore menues to be far superior than navigating through folders...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room