SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Metadata Tools 4.x (Released)

I just released BMT 4.5 for Sage7, and you install/upgrade it via the Plugin Manager. (If you are still on Sage6, then you can use this version)

This release primarily fixes the cross-linked metadata issue that some experienced via the web ui, some vfs tweaks, and some additional logging.

There is a new log file, phoenix-metadata.log in the logs directory. When a mediafile is handled via the automatic plugin it will write an entry to this log log file. Later if the mediafile is skipped, updated, or has an error, then another entry will be added to this log file to indicate as such. This log is meant to be be an audit log, of sorts, that people can check easily, without being bombarded with normal debug information that would be in the the other logs.

Keep in mind, that while BMT depends on phoenix, sagex, etc, you can upgrade all of those by simply upgrading the bmt web ui, which will force an upgrade to all the the other components.

If you are still on Sage6, then there are no new releases for BMT for Sage6. At this point, I'm not sure that I have the time to support both a Sage6 and Sage7 version, so my energy will go to only enhancing Sage7.

Last edited by stuckless; 08-30-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is great, I'm certain this will fix my issue with cross-linking as well.

I might have another problem though. For some reason, after upgrading, I am unable to get new metadata in the webui or via Sage when selecting a manual entry via imdb. The webui simply says "unable to get metadata".

I've attached my log.
Attached Files
File Type: txt bmt.txt (12.8 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by skyeclad; 08-13-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Sage Icon

Same message here in Web interface "Unable to get Metadata". The search comes up with a list of titles to choose from but when you select the applicable title you get the red "Unable to get Metadata" message.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
This is great, I'm certain this will fix my issue with cross-linking as well.

I might have another problem though. For some reason, after upgrading, I am unable to get new metadata in the webui or via Sage when selecting a manual entry via imdb. The webui simply says "unable to get metadata".

I've attached my log.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Same message here in Web interface "Unable to get Metadata". The search comes up with a list of titles to choose from but when you select the applicable title you get the red "Unable to get Metadata" message.
Thanks for the log file... I'll put out a quick release tomorrow to address this issue
Old 08-13-2010, 08:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation New Version: 4.5.1

I've uploaded a new version of the web ui, 4.5.1, which fixes the last NullPointer issue that came from the previous build.

I noticed in my live environment, that after I updated, and then went to the url, the version in the browser title did not display 4.5.1. I could not get it to display the 4.5.1 version until after I restarted my sage server process.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I've uploaded a new version of the web ui, 4.5.1, which fixes the last NullPointer issue that came from the previous build.

I noticed in my live environment, that after I updated, and then went to the url, the version in the browser title did not display 4.5.1. I could not get it to display the 4.5.1 version until after I restarted my sage server process.
OK, that did it. BMT UI works now. One odd thing though, I can't seem to manually update individual media file metadata within the Sage interface but I can do so through the webui. When I go through the interface I get these messages in the log:

2010-08-13 23:41:46,095 - ERROR; I:\Video\Blu Ray\Wall-e.iso; ExternalID cannot be null. Will cause cross-linked metadata. Cannot save file Resource[Id: 2608196, Title: Wall·E Disc 1]

Looking up the same metadata in the webui works with no problem though.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
OK, that did it. BMT UI works now. One odd thing though, I can't seem to manually update individual media file metadata within the Sage interface but I can do so through the webui. When I go through the interface I get these messages in the log:

2010-08-13 23:41:46,095 - ERROR; I:\Video\Blu Ray\Wall-e.iso; ExternalID cannot be null. Will cause cross-linked metadata. Cannot save file Resource[Id: 2608196, Title: Wall·E Disc 1]

Looking up the same metadata in the webui works with no problem though.
OK, I'll take a look at this as well. It looks as though I made the null external id check, too restrictive
Old 08-14-2010, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

New Version of Phoenix Core (2.0.7.1)

Phoenix Core Services has been updated to fix the bug where it could not auto-update because of the externalid. (I was being overly aggressive in compensating for the externalid issue)

@broconne - also added more logging to the added/skipped, but still no fix for your issue.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

New Version of Phoenix Core (2.0.8)

This is an update to phoenix-core, and it fixed a number of issues around the use of the MediaTitles.xml.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

New Version of Phoenix Core (2.0.9)

Fixed a bug in the phoenix-core to allow it to use episode filenames in the tv filename scrapers.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Fixed a bug in the phoenix-core to allow it to use episode filenames in the tv filename scrapers.
Hi, I've got a couple of questions if you don't mind and BTW loving BMT

1) Have you noticed that the parental rating is not shown/kept most of the time. Sometime I can assign the value and then when I click save it disappear.

2) The Genre field (Category in SageTV 7), how many categories you actually write to the Wiz.bin? If the imported movie, lets say from IMDB, has more than two genres, then SageTV will show only the first two, however if you add, via Sage v7 interface, the missing categories and you reload the titles in BMT the missing genres appears, but then if you change some other fields and save again only the two genre are shown.

thanx in advance for your efforts...
Old 08-22-2010, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

New Version: 4.6

4.6. has been released.... (Requires phoenix-core 2.0.10)

Most notable features include....

A performance change where views are not loaded completely but rather in "chunks". You need to hit "Load More Items" to load the rest of the view. This was done because if you 100s of items in a view, it could take a very long time to render.

Another feature that I added, was searching to the Browser panel. This does a simple title search across ALL Video/TV media files.

The next improvement comes in the form of a download manager in phoenix. This download manager is used by the fanart downloader and it support downloading fanart in multiple threads and it contains a retry queue if a download fails for some reason.

I also added a bunch of "batch" operations to folder views in the browser. You can set groups of items Watched/UnWatched, Archived/UnArchived, clean fanart, clean properties, import as recordings, etc. As I need more batch operations, I'll add them to this menu.

Full Changelog includes...
bmtweb 4.6
* Changed the UI so that it will only load a small number of items per view. Large Views were slow to load on the UI and very frustrating.
* Fixed Success Count in scanner to show correctly
* Fixed issue with Scanner, since the scan progress was not being updated correctly
* Added Batch Operations to folder views. You can now set watched/unwatched, archived/unarchived, import/unimport as tv, clean metadata, remove fanart, and remove properties.
* Can apply custom image transformation (ie, scale, etc) to a mediaitem thumbnail.
* Added Search Box to the Browser

phoenix-core 2.0.10
* Import Recordings an now be Archived or Not Archived (Configuration Setting)
* Added new tv scraper for Show -- EpisodeTitle (evilpenguin)
* Changed tv scrapers to allow for more than 99 episodes in a season
* Added DownloadManager
* Fanart now uses DownloadManager; Failed images will retry.
* Added Logging to the phoenix-metadata for Fanart Images
* Fixed update issues in automatic scanner (was not updating totals and worked amounts correctly)
* Fixed issue where some fanart was not being downloaded correctly when duplication filenames were in the url
* Added Visitors for batch operations, such as watched, achived, import as tv, clean metadata/fanart
* Fixed issue where some files would fail if they contained special characters, such as %.

Last edited by stuckless; 08-22-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Trying out newest version
Grouping doesn't appear to work the same as it did 2 versions back. Individual shows for a series are being displayed in the primary window and not under the series grouping.

Attempting to edit individual shows and getting error that external ID cannot be blank. Did a lookup which found the show information but save still failed with same error.

EDIT --
Scratch all the above. I am giving up and re-importing all folders. I'll let you know if I have problems after that. I think most of the issues I am seeing is based on different imports using different versions of BMT. I'll clean out all the properties files before I re-import.

Last edited by ranger; 08-22-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Trying out newest version
Grouping doesn't appear to work the same as it did 2 versions back. Individual shows for a series are being displayed in the primary window and not under the series grouping.

Attempting to edit individual shows and getting error that external ID cannot be blank. Did a lookup which found the show information but save still failed with same error.
ranger, this seems like the problem from a couple of versions back. I fixed a bunch of issues around the externalid, etc. I just test a few more tests on my production server, and I can't seem to get it to reproduce your issue. I also have bunch of TV shows grouped by series and then season, whic appear to work ok as well.

Could you verify that you are running phoenix 2.0.10 and the 4.6 of the web ui. I may have to add some debug logging, if you are, in order to figure out what is different about your setup.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am doing a complete re-import instead as I think the various imports over multiple versions of BMT isn't helping any. So far it seems to be working.

Question - How should "Specials" be handled with BMT? TVDB lists them as SEASON 0, but BMT doesn't seem to handle that season number.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I am doing a complete re-import instead as I think the various imports over multiple versions of BMT isn't helping any. So far it seems to be working.

Question - How should "Specials" be handled with BMT? TVDB lists them as SEASON 0, but BMT doesn't seem to handle that season number.
BMT would treat Season 0 are having no Season. Currently, I don't think that bmt can handle specials, but I'll look into seeing what needs to be done in order to handle them.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I also added a bunch of "batch" operations to folder views in the browser. You can set groups of items Watched/UnWatched, Archived/UnArchived, clean fanart, clean properties, import as recordings, etc. As I need more batch operations, I'll add them to this menu.
%.
Absolutely love this feature, can I make a big request? What about adding "Parental Rating" and "Genre", very useful when you have large collection, I'm doing it right now manually through sage interface, a pain....

Last edited by stuckless; 08-24-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
Absolutely love this feature, can I make a big request? What about adding "Parental Rating" and "Genre", very useful when you have large collection, I'm doing it right now manually through sage interface, a pain....
Do you mean, having a batch operation that can set a specific genre, parental rating, etc?
Old 08-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Do you mean, having a batch operation that can set a specific genre, parental rating, etc?
Precisely, now that Sage v7 supports Categories (genre) I organized my movie collection adding several categories, that way I can keep the "folder" structure different from my "viewing" structure and it works pretty well, I've also created a category for each on my children, and marked all the movies with the "Movie" category so that I can keep the two things separated without the need to create special virtual folder...

Also it would be nice being able to modify the genre directly via the WebUI interface, instead that from sageTV, this is useful when you want create metadata, lets says, for your children videos which metadata are not loaded from IMDB obviously.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
Precisely, now that Sage v7 supports Categories (genre) I organized my movie collection adding several categories, that way I can keep the "folder" structure different from my "viewing" structure and it works pretty well, I've also created a category for each on my children, and marked all the movies with the "Movie" category so that I can keep the two things separated without the need to create special virtual folder...

Also it would be nice being able to modify the genre directly via the WebUI interface, instead that from sageTV, this is useful when you want create metadata, lets says, for your children videos which metadata are not loaded from IMDB obviously.
The Genre editing is in the list of bmt/bugs and enhancements. I'll add in the the batch editing as well. I have no idea when I'll get the time to do them