SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
The Genre editing is in the list of bmt/bugs and enhancements. I'll add in the the batch editing as well. I have no idea when I'll get the time to do them
...and because I think you deserve a big round of applause, what about supporting more than 15 genres (as it looks like is the current limit in "Videos (Group by Genre)" view
Old 08-24-2010, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
...and because I think you deserve a big round of applause, what about supporting more than 15 genres (as it looks like is the current limit in "Videos (Group by Genre)" view
In the latest release, I don't fully load views. I only load 15 items (by default, can be changed in the configuration). But in the view buttons, you should see a "Load More Items" buttons. When you click on that it will load the next 15 items of that view. I did this because in my environment, some of my views were extremely large and the UI would become unresponsive while trying to load all the items.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
some of my views were extremely large and the UI would become unresponsive while trying to load all the items.
I'm with you, that'd definitely a great feature, although, I bumped it up to 30 for my setup.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 08-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
In the latest release, I don't fully load views. I only load 15 items (by default, can be changed in the configuration). But in the view buttons, you should see a "Load More Items" buttons. When you click on that it will load the next 15 items of that view. I did this because in my environment, some of my views were extremely large and the UI would become unresponsive while trying to load all the items.
thanks, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for "Video (Group by genre)" tab, I increased the value to 30 (I've got 28 categories ATM) and only the first 14 categories are shown
Old 08-24-2010, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
thanks, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for "Video (Group by genre)" tab, I increased the value to 30 (I've got 28 categories ATM) and only the first 14 categories are shown
That's interesting... my guess, is that the vfs is blowing up on a particular file and it's not getting the full list. Could you go into the genre view, and then goto tools -> create support request (log files only) and email me the zip file. THere's probably an error in the logs.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Sage User

BMT and MyMovies...

Is it possible to have BMT just handle the data for imported TV programs and have MyMovies still responsible for DVDs?

Before I start fooling around too much and muck things up I figured I would ask the question.

I see I have to have my videos folder path configured in Sage BMT for MyMovies AND BMT sees this. Is there anyway I can tell BMT to ignore the videos?

Thanks and hopefully this isn't an idiotic question ;-)
Old 12-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

Is it normal for the views to get all wonky? Sometimes when I'm viewing missing metadata for example, the cover art for each title becomes all stretched and distorted. The next time it happens I can grab a screen shot. I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciguy View Post
Is it possible to have BMT just handle the data for imported TV programs and have MyMovies still responsible for DVDs?

Before I start fooling around too much and muck things up I figured I would ask the question.

I see I have to have my videos folder path configured in Sage BMT for MyMovies AND BMT sees this. Is there anyway I can tell BMT to ignore the videos?

Thanks and hopefully this isn't an idiotic question ;-)
From the WEB UI (Phoenix -> Fanart Metadata Options -> Media Types), you can configure the automatic portion of bmt to ONLY work against certain media types. Currently it's set to ANY_VIDEO, but you can change that to TV.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Sage User

Thanks! I knew their was a setting but I have no idea what it was...
Old 12-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Is it normal for the views to get all wonky? Sometimes when I'm viewing missing metadata for example, the cover art for each title becomes all stretched and distorted. The next time it happens I can grab a screen shot. I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this.
I experience this as well.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlvogel322 View Post
I experience this as well.
I can see where some views that don't a valid poster will stretch... since the size of the image won't be in a poster format. There are many quirks with the web ui.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Sage Icon

The same view will display perfectly fine, then suddenly it goes weird. I think after I save metadata. I'll try to remember the steps next time, if that would help. Would that still be due to an invalid poster?
Old 12-04-2010, 05:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The same view will display perfectly fine, then suddenly it goes weird. I think after I save metadata. I'll try to remember the steps next time, if that would help. Would that still be due to an invalid poster?
Not if it's during the save metadata operation. That does seem odd.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Actually you can browse a view (DVD) and all the covers look normal and then do a refresh of the browser window, click the DVD view. You'll get some large, stretched cover art and weird spacing for no apparent reason. It's always worked like that for quite a while. That's in IE 8.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Sage Icon

I have some movies that I can’t seem to get BMT to get metadata for. I can get BMT to find the appropriate title but when I try to save I get the message that says ExternalId is empty. How do I get those titles to update?
Old 12-06-2010, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have some movies that I can’t seem to get BMT to get metadata for. I can get BMT to find the appropriate title but when I try to save I get the message that says ExternalId is empty. How do I get those titles to update?
Are you running the lastest builds? ExternalID should never be blank, since it should be filled in with the value that sagetv provides. Is the field blank in the web ui as well?
Old 12-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Sage Icon

I'm running 4.9.3 I think that's the latest and greatest. Yes, the WebUi is what I'm referring to when I try to update it.

I did notice on the same movie before entering into the metadata screen (editable fields area) if I click the little cog in the lower right corner I get a bunch of info. GetShowExternalId is populated with what appears to be the external ID that is blank once entering into that specific title. Actually everything is blank there. So then I go to Find Metadata. I get the search options. It defaults to Movie, tmbd, 2012 (2009).mkv,0. If I try to search now it says No Results. What I've found that works at this point is to delete the extension (.mkv) and then the search will work and I can choose the specific title. Everything looks good and it puts me back to the larger metadata area with most/all field properly populated. THen I try to click Save and that's when I get the ExternalId Cannot Be Blank message. Everything seems to be fine except that one field...

Any ideas?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm running 4.9.3 I think that's the latest and greatest. Yes, the WebUi is what I'm referring to when I try to update it.

I did notice on the same movie before entering into the metadata screen (editable fields area) if I click the little cog in the lower right corner I get a bunch of info. GetShowExternalId is populated with what appears to be the external ID that is blank once entering into that specific title. Actually everything is blank there. So then I go to Find Metadata. I get the search options. It defaults to Movie, tmbd, 2012 (2009).mkv,0. If I try to search now it says No Results. What I've found that works at this point is to delete the extension (.mkv) and then the search will work and I can choose the specific title. Everything looks good and it puts me back to the larger metadata area with most/all field properly populated. THen I try to click Save and that's when I get the ExternalId Cannot Be Blank message. Everything seems to be fine except that one field...

Any ideas?
Under no circumstances should the external id be blank. You can create your own id, for now, especially if this is an isolated case. IDs have to be unquie, so if you do somehing like
MFtmdb:TMDBID (where TMDBID) is the themoviedb id, you should be ok.

Have you tried restarting SageTV to see if the problem goes away. Like I said, that id should never be null/empty.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Sage Icon

ExternalId Cannot Be Blank

Stuckless,

I figured out my problem. It is the result of a mis-match in the .properties file that Sage writes. This is because up to this point I have allowed Sage to write .properties files on changes, I did not know they were unnecessary. I now know that it is optional and part of the issues I have been having. The mis-match is inside the .properties file. When the MediaTitle=xxx does not match the physical file, BMT thinks there are multiples, when there really isn't. These mis-matches were the ones showing up in the missing metadata view, the ones I kept trying to update and getting the ExternalId error.

This seemed to have happened as a result of changing the naming convention I was using for my collection. I went through my library and named my movies "Title (year)" from being title exclusively. When I did this I think I deleted the .properties file so that it would get re-created. It did re-create the .properties and name the .properties file properly, but it set the MediaTitle= incorrectly. Probably something I did wrong...

The fix was simple. I changed the setting in BMT webgui to not update .properties when changed: Configure/SageTV/Metadata Settings. Then used your option under tools to remove all .properties files. When I re-scanned in Sage and checked BMT all those pesky entries giving me the ExternalId Cannot Be Blank error were gone!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Stuckless,

I figured out my problem. It is the result of a mis-match in the .properties file that Sage writes. This is because up to this point I have allowed Sage to write .properties files on changes, I did not know they were unnecessary. I now know that it is optional and part of the issues I have been having. The mis-match is inside the .properties file. When the MediaTitle=xxx does not match the physical file, BMT thinks there are multiples, when there really isn't. These mis-matches were the ones showing up in the missing metadata view, the ones I kept trying to update and getting the ExternalId error.

This seemed to have happened as a result of changing the naming convention I was using for my collection. I went through my library and named my movies "Title (year)" from being title exclusively. When I did this I think I deleted the .properties file so that it would get re-created. It did re-create the .properties and name the .properties file properly, but it set the MediaTitle= incorrectly. Probably something I did wrong...

The fix was simple. I changed the setting in BMT webgui to not update .properties when changed: Configure/SageTV/Metadata Settings. Then used your option under tools to remove all .properties files. When I re-scanned in Sage and checked BMT all those pesky entries giving me the ExternalId Cannot Be Blank error were gone!
Good to know. Glad you figured it all out.