SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythikal View Post
SageDCT

Both my HD200 and HD300 are able to play the recorded game. I did miss pretty much everything from the 2 minute warning until the end, but that's because the game ran over it's allotted time and I didn't account for that when I set up the recording. Other than my own mistake, I didn't have any trouble.
Hmmm. Since I was using SageMCTuner, that leads me to believe that the issue may be with WMC, the InfiniTV, or a combination of the two. Either that, or my local provider (Comcast) did something evil with the transmission. Again, this is hearsay, but a girl a Staples last night said her DVR wouldn't record the game at all. I intend to go back and ask her for specifics. A complaint to the FCC may be forthcoming.

I opened a ticket with Ceton. Well, actually it was a bit of a rant, but nonetheless their response was that they didn't know of any issues recording the game with the beta firmware. The thread at TGB tells a different story, so I will continue to work with support to find an answer.

P.S. The TGB thread mentioned something about the RC flag being sent at the end of the third quarter. I don't know if that is true, but the changelog for the 1.0.1.52 firmware mentions, "Correctly apply RC flag according to FCC rules." I was running 1.0.1.51 during the game. Mythikal was running the same version, which suggests it is a local thing or WMC/Ceton issue.
4x1.5TB RAID5 | eSATA Promise DS4600: 4.1 TB Archived recordings, DVD rips & other media, backups

Last edited by jason531; 02-08-2011 at 08:41 AM. Reason: More info
Old 02-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
Time to install Sage Recording Extender (SRE). It is a great plugin that will automatically increase the recording time when major sporting events go over their allotted time. It is easy to set up and it works!
I'll check it out. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

One thing I noticed is that you have to have the beta firmware on the ceton card - how does one get that and install it?
Old 02-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post
One thing I noticed is that you have to have the beta firmware on the ceton card - how does one get that and install it?
Funny enough, I used the football scenario to get it. I opened a support ticket with Ceton and told them that I was having trouble recording football. They had me to run through some steps to capture data, then sent me a link to the beta firmware.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Funny enough, I used the football scenario to get it. I opened a support ticket with Ceton and told them that I was having trouble recording football. They had me to run through some steps to capture data, then sent me a link to the beta firmware.
Same here. It was after my recordings of the NFL playoffs were screwed up that I found a thread on TGB talking about the beta firmware and NFL issues -- going back to September. Keep in mind that you have to go through Ceton support so they can add your serial number to the beta program -- otherwise you cannot install it even if you have the URL or the files.
4x1.5TB RAID5 | eSATA Promise DS4600: 4.1 TB Archived recordings, DVD rips & other media, backups

Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can I get the serial number without opening up the computer? I only ask as I'm several states away right now, but do have remote access to my HTPC. I'd like to be all set to install this weekend.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Can I get the serial number without opening up the computer? I only ask as I'm several states away right now, but do have remote access to my HTPC. I'd like to be all set to install this weekend.
Yes. When you open a ticket with Ceton, they will give you instructions on how to get the info they need.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
SageDCT

Both my HD200 and HD300 are able to play the recorded game. I did miss pretty much everything from the 2 minute warning until the end, but that's because the game ran over it's allotted time and I didn't account for that when I set up the recording. Other than my own mistake, I didn't have any trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason531 View Post
Same here. It was after my recordings of the NFL playoffs were screwed up that I found a thread on TGB talking about the beta firmware and NFL issues -- going back to September. Keep in mind that you have to go through Ceton support so they can add your serial number to the beta program -- otherwise you cannot install it even if you have the URL or the files.
Update: I got a call from Ceton support. I sincerely believe this is not their fault and am extremely impressed by them. They are working on these issues and I trust that they will get this worked out. Keep in mind that all of the layers of DRM are rather complex and not under Ceton's control.

I hereby absolve Ceton of any blame I placed on them and would like to express my confidence in them to work through the issues affecting not only the NFL but other shows as well. :-D

Old 02-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yes. When you open a ticket with Ceton, they will give you instructions on how to get the info they need.
Thanks!

I'm now on the list. they are pretty responsive and it was easy to do remotely.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Updated the firmware and hardware of the Ceton card, and installed DCT. Channel changes seem faster, but still take a while on the HD channels. Anythoughts on that?
Old 02-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm hoping this will work with the HomeRun Prime.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 02-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Updated the firmware and hardware of the Ceton card, and installed DCT. Channel changes seem faster, but still take a while on the HD channels. Anythoughts on that?
Did you update the files mentioned in the readme?
Old 02-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
I'm hoping this will work with the HomeRun Prime.
It will require some modifications to work with the Prime.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Did you update the files mentioned in the readme?
The two listed under known issues?
(MpegDeMux.ax and DShowPlayer.dll)

No, I didn't.

Also, notice that I'm getting some stuttering that I didn't get under SageMCTuner. Could that be related to those two also?

Mike
Old 02-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

No, I didn't.

Also, notice that I'm getting some stuttering that I didn't get under SageMCTuner. Could that be related to those two also?

Mike
yes
Old 02-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok - I'll install them tonight (I'm several states away but I'll have my wife check it out after I make the change).
Old 02-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok everybody I have a question. Currently I am running Sage 7 on WHS with 4 HDHR OTA tuners and 2 DirecTV RX piped in through 2 HDPVR.

I am considering the SAGEDCT plugin with the CETON card for Charter cable. I have checked with Charter and most of the channels I watch are flagged as copy freely so that shouldn't be an issue. However Charter has gone to SDV in my area, and I will need 2 DTA's. Are they supported in Sage? Or is that transparent to SAGE?

Also I know I will need W7, would it be better to keep WHS and virtualize Sage and the CETON card within WHS, or is that not a workable solution. I really like the backup and duplication features in WHS. I also use FLEXRAID for a snapshot raid of my Bluray and DVD rips and I have about 8 TB of storage.

I have no experience with virtualization though so I am unsure what to do????
Old 02-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguebert View Post
I am considering the SAGEDCT plugin with the CETON card for Charter cable. I have checked with Charter and most of the channels I watch are flagged as copy freely so that shouldn't be an issue. However Charter has gone to SDV in my area, and I will need 2 DTA's. Are they supported in Sage? Or is that transparent to SAGE?
The details around actually changing the channel should all be handled by the DCT.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The details around actually changing the channel should all be handled by the DCT.
So that should not present any problems. Any opinions on the virtualization options. Would the Ceton card work in a W7 virtual environment?

Or would I be better of ditching WHS completely?

I am running a Q9505 Quad core on a Tyan server board that does support hardware virtualization.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

No, I didn't.

Mike
Quote:
yes
I installed them (after stopping sage) and my wife reports there is still some stutter. The video card is a 5670 so that should be able to handle it fine. I'm wondering if it's the WD GP drives, or if I should have rebooted the PC after copying the files?