SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post
Still get some, but not as much. I enabled verbose logging. What's the best way to get you the log file?
Hold off for now. I'm in the middle of switching to a different UPnP stack and fixing a bunch of issues.

Hope to have a new build out sometime next week.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Hold off for now. I'm in the middle of switching to a different UPnP stack and fixing a bunch of issues.

Andy You are my hero

Sending some cash your way.... , why..." Just because... "

Last edited by AlphaCrew; 03-25-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCrew View Post
Andy You are my hero

Sending you some cash your way.... , why..." Just because... "
Might want to hold off on that too, I haven't had a chance to look at alternate ways to receive the data yet.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Might want to hold off on that too, I haven't had a chance to look at alternate ways to receive the data yet.
Doesn't matter, you deserve it.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Couple questions:
Does this work reliably with FIOS?
Has anybody used this with the Ceton InfiniTV 4?
Do you need a special cable card for the Celton quad tuner?

I REALLY want to get rid of the three HD boxes that I;m renting each month from Verizon!!!

Any input is appreciated!

mick
Old 04-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

New build is out; doesn't have the resource leaks that I was seeing w/ the original UPnP stack, but it's quite likely that I introduced new issues when changing it over.

Make sure you get the latest drivers/firmware for the Ceton card when using this rev.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBurke View Post
Couple questions:
Does this work reliably with FIOS?
Has anybody used this with the Ceton InfiniTV 4?
Do you need a special cable card for the Celton quad tuner?

I REALLY want to get rid of the three HD boxes that I;m renting each month from Verizon!!!

Any input is appreciated!

mick
Q1) I think it depends on where you are located. It (Ceton InfiniTV 4) works VERY well with FiOS in the greater Baltimore area. Very few channels that are > 0x00 (Copy Protected).

Q2) I will assume you mean Sage with the Ceton InfiniTV 4: Personaly I have not had good results with either solution useing SageTV and the Ceton.

Although I'm not using it like many are here. I already have video streamers though out the house, so I need a compliant MPEG2 file. Because the solutions discussed in this thread can't seem to provide a stable MPEG2 File at this time, I have had to resort to using WMC7. WMC7 produces perfect files 99.5% of the time, so converting them to MPEG2 is trivial.

Q3) You do need a CableCard from Verizon in order to do anything (even ClearQAM) with the Ceton.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Now that ceton orders are caught up I'm thinking about going this route. I have comcast in Chicago. And I think pretty much every channel will work except the premiums(isn't there a site to validate the copy flags?) But is this now a stable option to pursue? How fast are the channel changes now? Thanks for the help
Old 04-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
Now that ceton orders are caught up I'm thinking about going this route. I have comcast in Chicago. And I think pretty much every channel will work except the premiums(isn't there a site to validate the copy flags?) But is this now a stable option to pursue? How fast are the channel changes now? Thanks for the help
I'm in Chicago using Comcast. I don't have any premiums so I can't speak to that, but every channel (Digital Premier + Sports Package) in my lineup I've tried has worked.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Sage Expert

SageDCT 1.1 vs. 1.2

Quote:
New build is out; doesn't have the resource leaks that I was seeing w/ the original UPnP stack, but it's quite likely that I introduced new issues when changing it over.

Make sure you get the latest drivers/firmware for the Ceton card when using this rev.
I'm using the latest beta Ceton drivers and was using SageDCT 1.1 with no issues. I then upgraded to SageDCT 1.2 and while it still works, it seems like there is a much longer lag in how long it takes to tune channels.

Should this be expected or is there something wrong here that I can help debug?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 04-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
I'm using the latest beta Ceton drivers and was using SageDCT 1.1 with no issues. I then upgraded to SageDCT 1.2 and while it still works, it seems like there is a much longer lag in how long it takes to tune channels.
I'm seeing the same thing. Channel changes take twice as long with the new version.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Andy, I noticed today that I had some slowdowns in the Sage GUI and some odd moments in show playback where it would sound all Max Headroom for about a second... So I got to looking and SageDCT was eating up 500+MB of memory, and sitting at around 30% CPU usage with no recordings.

So I hopped on here and saw you had a new version out that mentioned resource leak fixes. I updated by uninstalling 1.1, installing 1.2, and then rebooting. After installing 1.2, the 4 tuners showed as not working in the video source setup, and doing anything there, like changing the EPG or channels, results in a circle of death for at least 20 seconds. Sage also said that no tuners were available when I tried to tune to a channel that the Ceton was used for. I rebooted, re-did the .properties, etc. No change, still couldn't tune, still got the circle of death on changing tuner properties, etc.

I then went back and reinstalled SageDCT 1.1. No reboot, just uninstalled 1.2, then installed 1.1. Now everything is working great.

So... not sure if I'm upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2 wrong, or what. Any ideas? I do have the latest Ceton drivers.firmware.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Should this be expected or is there something wrong here that I can help debug?
1.2 is slower. I hope to make it slightly faster in 1.3, but I may not be able to depending on what the root cause is.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
1.2 is slower. I hope to make it slightly faster in 1.3, but I may not be able to depending on what the root cause is.
Let me know if you need some help to debug/identify the root cause. And what was the tradeoff for slower performance/why was it required? Improved stability? etc? Just trying to understand.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 04-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
I updated by uninstalling 1.1, installing 1.2, and then rebooting. After installing 1.2, the 4 tuners showed as not working in the video source setup, and doing anything there, like changing the EPG or channels, results in a circle of death for at least 20 seconds. Sage also said that no tuners were available when I tried to tune to a channel that the Ceton was used for. I rebooted, re-did the .properties, etc. No change, still couldn't tune, still got the circle of death on changing tuner properties, etc.
I'd have to see the logs.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Let me know if you need some help to debug/identify the root cause. And what was the tradeoff for slower performance/why was it required? Improved stability? etc? Just trying to understand.
I was seeing memory leaks (500MB+) and CPU usage when the service wasn't doing anything that wasn't related to my code. After switching I haven't observed those issues, so it seems safe to say that the old stack was the cause.

Hopefully I'll be able to figure out why it's slower and do something about it.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any chance that SageDCT 1.2 might solve the lost packets resulting in freeze/pixelate that myself and 1 other person (I think) are getting?

Just wondering if I should give it a try......still on SageMCTuner.

Server: SageTV 7
Old 04-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp14 View Post
Any chance that SageDCT 1.2 might solve the lost packets resulting in freeze/pixelate that myself and 1 other person (I think) are getting?

Just wondering if I should give it a try......still on SageMCTuner.
Probably not. Once the stability and speed issues get worked out, I plan to take another look at PBDA tuning (what MC uses). FWIW, I did figure out how to create the capture graph, but must be missing something because I'm not getting samples.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Probably not. Once the stability and speed issues get worked out, I plan to take another look at PBDA tuning (what MC uses). FWIW, I did figure out how to create the capture graph, but must be missing something because I'm not getting samples.
Thanks. I would be happy to try any PBDA attempts if you want me to.

Also, I initiated a support request with Ceton for the lost packets issue. Not sure if they will help or not. I will post the results of the support request.

Server: SageTV 7
Old 04-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
I updated by uninstalling 1.1, installing 1.2, and then rebooting. After installing 1.2, the 4 tuners showed as not working in the video source setup, and doing anything there, like changing the EPG or channels, results in a circle of death for at least 20 seconds. Sage also said that no tuners were available when I tried to tune to a channel that the Ceton was used for. I rebooted, re-did the .properties, etc. No change, still couldn't tune, still got the circle of death on changing tuner properties, etc.

I then went back and reinstalled SageDCT 1.1. No reboot, just uninstalled 1.2, then installed 1.1. Now everything is working great.

So... not sure if I'm upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2 wrong, or what. Any ideas? I do have the latest Ceton drivers.firmware.
I had the exact same problem. I am running 64bit btw. I also saw a huge amount of disk activity.