SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Dang, thought everything was great with SageDCT, but for some reason, a few channels only produce sound, no video. These channels always exhibit this behavior. So close!

Andy, I will send you a sample and log.

Server: SageTV 7
Old 04-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Either upgrade to the most recent BETA for SageTV or get the updated demuxer. I had the same problem. Upgrading to the most recent BETA SageTV solved it.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso View Post
Either upgrade to the most recent BETA for SageTV or get the updated demuxer. I had the same problem. Upgrading to the most recent BETA SageTV solved it.
That fixed it for me too. Thanks for the tip!

Old 04-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Sage User

Missing Channels Using SageDCT

Comcast installed an M Card in my new Ceton InfiniTV card yesterday, and I have been struggling with the setup ever since. Most of the "struggle" is due to the fact that the system is verrrry slow -- with constant wait circles when I move through setup windows. Is this due to SageDCT, and is it normal? I upgraded to a new server at the same time (because I needed Win7), so I am not completely sure that it is not related to a glitch in the new server, rather than due to the cablecard tuners, but the Sage server seemed pretty fast and I did not notice the slowdown until I added the ceton tuners.

I have got all four ceton tuners showing in sage, and can tune to alot of channels, but I cannot tune some digital channels I know are on clear qam - including the major networks that I am getting through my HDHR on the same cable. Any suggestions for either problem? Thanks in advance.

Grif
Old 04-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Snip-

the system is verrrry slow -- with constant wait circles when I move through setup windows. Is this due to SageDCT, and is it normal?

Grif
I upgraded to SageDCT 1.3 last night and doubled the RBC (think) buffer and didn't see any packet loss in a short viewing but all of sage is now much much slower. Any idea why it would be?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post
I upgraded to SageDCT 1.3 last night and doubled the RBC (think) buffer and didn't see any packet loss in a short viewing but all of sage is now much much slower. Any idea why it would be?

Thanks,
Mike
I have noticed that Sage is slower (spinning wheel) with SageDCT active as well. I know that when navigating the recording sources, if a tuner is not working, it seems like Sage keeps looking for it, and things can get slow. I don't see how that would relate to general slowness....just thought of something....Mike and xj-boonie, were you using SageMCTuner before switching to SageDCT?

I removed the SageMCTuners and stopped/disabled that service, but I am wondering if Sage is still looking for them? I did see an encoder section in the Sage.properties for one of the SageMCTuner tuners (only 1 which is weird). I did not think much of it at the time, since I don't recall seeing it in the gui, but maybe that could be it? I should have deleted it when I saw it.

I will remove the leftover SageMCTuner encoder section from the Sage.properties the next time something is not recording (seems like something always is) and see if speed improves.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp14 View Post
I have noticed that Sage is slower (spinning wheel) with SageDCT active as well. I know that when navigating the recording sources, if a tuner is not working, it seems like Sage keeps looking for it, and things can get slow. I don't see how that would relate to general slowness....just thought of something....Mike and xj-boonie, were you using SageMCTuner before switching to SageDCT?

I removed the SageMCTuners and stopped/disabled that service, but I am wondering if Sage is still looking for them? I did see an encoder section in the Sage.properties for one of the SageMCTuner tuners (only 1 which is weird). I did not think much of it at the time, since I don't recall seeing it in the gui, but maybe that could be it? I should have deleted it when I saw it.

I will remove the leftover SageMCTuner encoder section from the Sage.properties the next time something is not recording (seems like something always is) and see if speed improves.
I did have SageMCTuner installed, but uninstalled it and removed it from the sage.properties file.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just got a text from SageAlert warning me that I have conflicts. It looks like all my SageDCT tuners cannot be seen by Sage right now. Ugh. When I connect via the web interface and look at upcoming recordings, the SageDCT tuners do not show up in the list. Sadness. Anyone have this happen/have any ideas what might be going on?

I am not at home to troubleshoot.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I just got a text from SageAlert warning me that I have conflicts. It looks like all my SageDCT tuners cannot be seen by Sage right now. Ugh. When I connect via the web interface and look at upcoming recordings, the SageDCT tuners do not show up in the list. Sadness. Anyone have this happen/have any ideas what might be going on?

I am not at home to troubleshoot.
I've been having on and off issues with the SageDCT tuners disappearing. A reboot (or possibly restart of SageTV service) resolves the issue. However, last night while the tuners are "missing" I did have 5 recordings fail as I didn't notice the tuners were missing.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
I've been having on and off issues with the SageDCT tuners disappearing. A reboot (or possibly restart of SageTV service) resolves the issue. However, last night while the tuners are "missing" I did have 5 recordings fail as I didn't notice the tuners were missing.
So darn close to perfection....I was jumping for joy this morning, now back to that sinking feeling. I so badly want this work reliably! So darn close.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:35 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I have noticed that Sage is slower (spinning wheel) with SageDCT active as well. I know that when navigating the recording sources, if a tuner is not working,.........
Upgraded to 1.3 and I have the same problem. I'm using the latest sagetv beta (7.1.5) and I also added the new DLL post 1.3 from the website.

I did have sageMCtuner installed at one point but also have the service disabled. I also completely reinstalled Sage from scratch and made sure to delete all the files before reinstalling.

Any suggestions? (I didn't have this problem running 1.1). I've watched the server for CPU/MEM/DISK activity and I don't have any spikes or heavy usage. I also bumped the java heap size to 1024mb. I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

Last edited by SuiDog; 04-12-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Endymion, what type of computer do you have the SageTV server and Ceton card running on? I am just wondering if we have some kind of motherboard or other incompatibility. Mine is an HP m9040n with Asus IPIBL-LA motherboard, intel core 2 quad Q6600 cpu, 4GB of ram, 32Bit windows7.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:14 AM

1.1 available?

Since 1.3 seems to have a problem with Win7 64bit, is v1.1 available anywhere?
Old 04-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

I rebuilt my HTPC to add the Ceton card: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0 GHz Quad-Core Processor, Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H 890GX Motherboard, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, HIS Radeon HD 5670 1 GB Graphics Card, Kingston 64GB SSD drive for Win 7 64bit.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Sage User

Fix for 1.3 Slowness?

Has anyone else tried to move back to 1.1 to fix the system slowdown experienced with 1.3. If so, did it work? If so, where can we get 1.1?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 04-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Has anyone else tried to move back to 1.1 to fix the system slowdown experienced with 1.3. If so, did it work? If so, where can we get 1.1?

Thanks,

Tom
I just downgraded from 1.3 to 1.1 this afternoon and now I have all 4 tuners showing up and working properly. Best of all, all the spinning wheels and sloooowwww response when stopping playback, GONE!

Of course, problem now is 1.1 has the memory leak on my system. Pushing 30% CPU constant and 300+ MB of memory when SageDCT is running but not being used. It only takes about 5 or 6 hours to get to that point, so I'm setting up a scheduled task to restart the sageDCT service several times a day. I guess I'll run that way until Andy is able to work out the kinks with the later revisions.

On that note Andy, any easy way to stop the resource leak without switching to the all new stack?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:

Thanks,

Tom
Rolled back to 1.1 and it fixed the problem but now I still get video coruption on HD Oh well it still rocks!

Here is the download for SageDCT 1.1
SageDCT 1.1
Old 04-13-2011, 07:00 AM
Sage User

Roll back to 1.1

Thanks for the link (anyone who needs it, note that there is an extra "http" in the link address - just copy and paste the link and manually remove the extra http in the address, and it will get you where you need to go).

To roll back to 1.1, do I need to do anything other than uninstall 1.3 and install 1.1? (e.g., do I need to re-run the configure tuners tool, and cut and paste the result into the properties file, or will the tuner configuration stay the same).

Thanks much for all the help!
Server: i3 Intel, 4GB mem, 1x1.5TB7200rpm Sata drive (recording), multiple NAS Drives (DVDs, Music, Picts), Win7Ultimate64-bit, Sagetv7.x.Latest; 1xCeton4TunerCableCard, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR-2250; Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2XHD100; Provider: Comcast
Old 04-13-2011, 07:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
On that note Andy, any easy way to stop the resource leak without switching to the all new stack?
Not that I'm aware of, and I'm not going to go back and try to make it work.

If you have issues with the later revs, the only productive way to get them fixed is to provide a verbose log that documents the problem.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

This is a hunch, without any technical knowledge that I have as to the how/why, but on a hunch, I went to the advanced settings of the Ceton network adapter config and enabled Bridging and then rebooted.

Since then, (only a few hours though), my tuners appear to be staying alive, I have not gotten the spinning wheel slowdown, and have not had any HALT in recordings (which I was also getting regularly). I have recorded several shows over the past few hours, and so far so good.

I am using the latest (as of last night) build (1.4) of SageDCT that Andy emailed me. I am not sure if it is officially out on his site for download, and it is not my place to post it, so Andy, let me know if it is ok to post the link.

Also, if you were using SageMCTuner, make sure to disable the service and delete all references to those tuners from your sage.properties (again, just a hunch, but I have a feeling Sage is looking for them if they are still in the Sage.properties, also resulting in spinning wheels).

For good measure, I also disabled the MCE (receiver and client) services.

I will post any updates as I continue to test.