SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

QuickFilters - Broke?

-- FIXED! - SEE GOOGLE CODE ISSUE #91: http://code.google.com/p/sagemediama...s/detail?id=91

I setup a "TestFilter" category in MyMovies - then I added two movies to it.. Then in Sage My Movies - I went into options and tried to select it under the "QuickFilters" menu option in the options menu. I have two issues here:

1. When I select "TestFilter" that is shown there now - it changes the title of the page - but the results are 0 Videos. - See attached "snap034.jpg"

2. A navigation bug in the options menu. I scroll down to QuickFilters - press the right arrow - and the menu comes up - but if I hit the right arrow one more time - the selection menu with "TestFilter" goes away and it will not come back unless I quick out of the options area all together and then go back in. This may be due to the fact that there are no videos coming up for some reason with this QuickFilter. If its supposed to act like it does with Genre's - which pulls up the list of movies for the selected genre - this could be why it doesn't work - a bug when there are 0 videos found to list maybe?

I originally added just my "Feature Films" into my movies - but now I'm looking to expand that to some of my other collections and I need to be able to keep them separate and organize them with Custom Views.. It's going to take me some work to get the next set of disks/videos into my movies because they are some rare disks / collections that are not going to be in my movies database, so I would like to keep them separate using categories/filters untl I can get the info updated and correct/complete.

I've tried rescanning my collection from the detail setup -> Advanced -> Rescan Now - area. - but no luck - it still wont pull up the two test videos I've set to this "category" in my movies.

Thanks! If you need anymore info let me know!

- D2G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap034.jpg (313.7 KB, 174 views)

Last edited by d2globalinc; 09-30-2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: SOLVED
Old 09-25-2010, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Does the filter work if you go straight to the filters view?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Noda - Looks like it also has 0 listed, and when going into it - it pulls up blank.

Snapped more pics - went to videos -> my movies -> Filters

- D2G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap036.jpg (68.3 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg snap037.jpg (63.1 KB, 157 views)
Old 09-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

So I had more videos to work with - I added a bunch more to the "TestFilter" category in My Movies Collection Management..

Attached Screenshot of the videos coming up with the search filter - so its showing them in that query.

- D2G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap038.jpg (330.2 KB, 159 views)
Old 09-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have an update.. I decided to go through and toggle some of the other options in the options menu.

1. Under QuickGenres, I toggle my "TestFilter" to ON - The Resulting IN: turns to 0 Videos.

Now if I scroll down to "ViewFilters" - and toggle off "Include Watched" or "IncludeOffline" the count goes up to 29.

IF both "IncludeWatched and IncludeOffline" are turned on - thats when the count goes back to 0.

I'm not sure yet why the count only goes up to 29 and not 33 - which is the number of videos I have tagged in this "TestFilter", but the videos shown are all part of that filter.

- D2G
Old 09-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

To add to my last post - the ones that are not showing up are ones that are "Unrated" in the Parental Rating. But I still need to toggle off one of those ViewFilters (IncludeWatched or IncludeOffline) - in order to get anything to display..

- D2G
Old 09-25-2010, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay the unrated would not be shown if you are using my ratings restriction I am assuming you are...

The other issue I will have to look into but have a feeling it has to do with the playon integration I may have made an error in my formula. Keep in mind that view filters do apply to quick filters. Are these online videos or offline?
Old 09-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

They are all online videos - nothing offline - and I double checked that in the collection management to make sure.

- Ill look into the rating restrictions - I've not changed anything there - so those are default.

- D2G
Old 09-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Okay the unrated would not be shown if you are using my ratings restriction I am assuming you are...
Is there a toggle for this someplace? In the default views it shows everything - but when using the "QuickFilters" they go away.. I'm not wanting to restrict by ratings or folders at this point - per the wiki here: http://code.google.com/p/sagemediama...erRestrictions - I've not done any of those configuration options, and don't have a UserRestrictions.Properties file.

Thanks!

-D2G
Old 09-25-2010, 09:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Bug it on google code and be sure to send me your log.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Bug it on google code and be sure to send me your log.
Will do - where can I find the log file to send?

Thanks!

- D2G

EDIT - NEVERMIND! - Found in SageTV\logs :P

Last edited by d2globalinc; 09-25-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

I made the google code issue http://code.google.com/p/sagemediama...s/detail?id=91

and I found an issue in the log files and noted it there.. looks to be a missing space in the build of the sql query. So that may be a place to start.

Thanks! Let me know if you need anything else!

- D2G
Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

I have confirmed this bug. It is an issue with a couple of areas not just the sql statement. I will try and get the fix in the next build.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks!! I understand... It's never simple :P
Old 09-28-2010, 07:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
Thanks!! I understand... It's never simple :P
I got part of the issue fixed (the quick filters not showing correctly). The only issue left is the unrated and it appears the sql function is not correct or I am not calling it correctly. Unfortunately as I have said in another post the MyMovies team has been unresponsive to me in the past 2 months so I don't know if they will get back to me but I have asked none the less, but until they do unrated are excluded from every filter until I can figure out what is being done wrong.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

No worries - I'll just set the unrated ones to "G" - they are mostly music concert dvd's, etc.. and that should work-around the issue.

I noticed in MyMovies the "Block Unrated" is a seperate checkbox so I figured there is something different done w/ the sql when looking up those..

Thanks for the fixes!

- D2G
Old 09-28-2010, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I noticed in MyMovies the "Block Unrated" is a seperate checkbox so I figured there is something different done w/ the sql when looking up those..

Thanks for the fixes!

- D2G
Yeah that is just it the block unrated is suppose to only trigger if that is checked but using the sql function it isn't working that way so don't know if it is me or their function hopefully they will reply.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Do they allow direct access to the ODBC connection of the mymovies database? What is it using MS SQL lite or MySql? or something else? I'd love to pull up NaviCat (http://www.navicat.com) and have a looksee..

Just curious.. not much time to do that stuff right now - but would be nice to look at..

Thanks!

- D2G
Old 09-28-2010, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do they allow direct access to the ODBC connection of the mymovies database? What is it using MS SQL lite or MySql? or something else? I'd love to pull up NaviCat (http://www.navicat.com) and have a looksee..

Just curious.. not much time to do that stuff right now - but would be nice to look at..

Thanks!

- D2G
They use MS SQL 2005, the issue is you won't be able to see the functions as you won't have the access I believe
Old 09-29-2010, 07:21 AM
SageTVaholic

I also fixed the unrated for the next build.