SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Sage User

SageTV 7 questions

I think this is more of a version 7 question than a customization question, so I'm posting it here. Mods feel free to move it if you need to.

First, a little info about how I have my media organized. I have a WHS box, and all of my video files are in the 'Videos' folder on WHS. It looks something like this:

>Videos
--->My Movies (Ripped DVD movies)
--->My TV (Ripped TV boxed sets, downloaded episodes, etc)
--->Other (Home movies, funny videos, etc)
--->Sage Recordings

Right now, I'm using version 6 (not sure of the exact number, since I'm not at home) and SageMC. I'm using a customized menu in SageMC to "separate my video directories." I have a Videos menu that points to the 'My TV' directory, a Movies menu that goes to 'My Movies' and Other for 'Other.' It works very well, because I don't want all of these video files listed on the same menu.

1.) Is it possible to do something like this with version 7? Or will all of the files in the 'Videos' folder (aka Media Import folder) be listed together?

2.) If it is not possible with 7, is it possible to use something like Sage My Movies to only list the files in 'My Movies' so that all of the videos don't get mixed together?

I really love SageTV, and have been using it for a while. I'm also really interested in making the switch to version 7, but I'm hesitant to do so, because of the way I have things set up now. I don't want to loose that functionality. That's one of the things that's always bugged me about SageTV - How it lumps all of your imported media into one big folder, even if you add the directories separately. I have it organized into separate folders on my server for a reason. I'd like it to remain separated in SageTV, as well.

There may already be a way to do this, that I have missed. I hope that's the case. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-12-2010, 10:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
2.) If it is not possible with 7, is it possible to use something like Sage My Movies to only list the files in 'My Movies' so that all of the videos don't get mixed together?
This is possible in the latest SMM build to filter out MyMovies from the default video screen and basically use the default videos inteface for home movies and the such that are not in the mymovies database.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm with you there Rogue. I am still using v6 for the same reasons. I use multiple video import directories to keep my video files separate, and custom menus to allow users to automatically filter to only those directories. I am in the minority camp that I prefer to have 5 buttons each leading to a specific directory as opposed to using one screen which requires filters to narrow the search.

I am hoping that one of the new GUI replacements will allow me to recreate my system, and then will get my system on to v7.

Grant
Old 10-12-2010, 10:52 AM
SageTVaholic

There are a couple of upcoming solutions to filter by folders.

Smm allows it via a folders view but dynamic menus will be better solution though
Old 10-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Was hoping you'd say that Plucky!

Grant