SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Sage User

external apps

I am running latest newest version.(7.0.77.240)
Does newest version of sage supports running external apps?
I want to be able to create menu to run Powerdvd?

thx
Old 10-26-2010, 07:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwegrzyn View Post
I am running latest newest version.(7.0.77.240)
Does newest version of sage supports running external apps?
I want to be able to create menu to run Powerdvd?

thx
There is a plugin for external apps (called something like that).
Old 10-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Sage User

i think this is for running sage files through external apps, but not for starting external apps alone?
Old 10-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwegrzyn View Post
i think this is for running sage files through external apps, but not for starting external apps alone?
Actually the external app plugin will do exactly what you want. From the plugin description:

A UI mod plugin that provides a button on the Video Options menu that can be used to run any external application, using the current video filename (among other things) as an argument.

So it should be pretty easy to launch PDVD via this!

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 10-30-2010, 08:31 AM
SageTVaholic

I use it to launch VideoReDo and it works great.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Sage Expert

It's pretty cool that you can launch things like VideoRedo, but I'd like to launch a batch script that I used to run that turns my X10 controlled lights on/off. While this plugin would work, I think it's going to be hard explaining to my wife that she has to go to video options to turn the lights on/off.

I'm in no way complaining but merely pointing out that it would be great if this were somehow ported to be used as a more generic means of launching external programs. I guess this brings us full circle on the dynamic menus thing, huh?
Old 10-30-2010, 04:05 PM
SageTVaholic

as I've mentioned elsewhere as well - this is something that could rather easily be someone's first project with studio. Especially for a single use situation like your X10 lights script. It would only be a couple lines in studio to add a menu item, and call and ExecuteProcess command.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-30-2010, 04:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
It's pretty cool that you can launch things like VideoRedo, but I'd like to launch a batch script that I used to run that turns my X10 controlled lights on/off. While this plugin would work, I think it's going to be hard explaining to my wife that she has to go to video options to turn the lights on/off.

I'm in no way complaining but merely pointing out that it would be great if this were somehow ported to be used as a more generic means of launching external programs. I guess this brings us full circle on the dynamic menus thing, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
as I've mentioned elsewhere as well - this is something that could rather easily be someone's first project with studio. Especially for a single use situation like your X10 lights script. It would only be a couple lines in studio to add a menu item, and call and ExecuteProcess command.
This can be done very simply with EventGhost. It is free and easy to use. I've been looking to do the exact same thing as far as integrating sage with lighting control. It has plugins built for x10 and all kinds of other stuff. On the forums people have user created plugins like we do here. Just a thought. It has been helpful to me.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:13 PM
SageTVaholic

True, it can be launched directly from button presses if your remote is interfaced via event ghost. I believe the desire here was for a sage menu item to carry out these functions. That would have to be in studio. It would also allow it to function with sage directly - like extenders.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Thanks again. Perhaps you'd be willing to write a short how-to on how to do this for us folks who have no experience using Studio?

*EDIT* So I decided to give it a try. I found this link:

http://www.sage.tv/sagetvstudio.htm

After fighting for about 10 minutes I found that the keys listed ctrl-alt-f12 do not open Studio. I eventually searched and found the correct keys (shift-alt-f12 or perhaps shift-ctrl-f12). I then looked through the v7 default gui to find something that looked like the screenshot on that page. I spent about 30 minutes on this and did not accomplish anything. Frustrating to say the least.

Last edited by dinki; 10-31-2010 at 08:02 AM.