SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

How do get images to show for DVDs

I'm just lost on this. I know many are doing this but I just don't know what to use and how to get it. I want to have images for my DVD and Blurays. Like the cover art of the dvd cases. What should i use for it? is there any "how to" on it?

Thanks

3/HD-100's, 1/HD-200
Old 10-26-2010, 06:42 PM
SageTVaholic

I think the Manual describes how to do it at a basic level, that is you need a folder.jpg in the folder that contains the DVD or BD files (ie the folder with the movie title).

If you're asking how to get the images in place, there are a number of methods, like BMT, or MyMovies (even without SMM it will generate Sage-compatible metadata/images).
Old 10-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

If you don't have your movies saved in folder format (i.e., .TS folders for DVD), and just have them as single files in a single folder, you can save "{movie title}.jpg" in that same folder, too. Just make sure the {movie title} is exactly the same in the .jpg and the movie file itself.

Not nitpicking, but to save Andy time in berating you, this is in the manual.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
to save Andy time in berating you
Just to clarify, in case someone takes that comment seriously: I don't intend manual reference posts to be berating; they are just supposed to tell the user where to find the info and that the manual exists for future reference. Adobe Reader allows the PDF manual to be searched relatively easily.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Just to clarify, in case someone takes that comment seriously: I don't intend manual reference posts to be berating; they are just supposed to tell the user where to find the info and that the manual exists for future reference. Adobe Reader allows the PDF manual to be searched relatively easily.

- Andy
That's cool... I feel better about the times that Andy didn't berate me
Old 10-27-2010, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Old 10-27-2010, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
But if he does wear your beration like a Badge of Honor.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry, Andy, I was just teasin'. I should have included some big fat stuff.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

meta data

with version 6 I had the pic and metadata downloaded automatically but of course with the new install that has stopped working. I downloaded and started using My Movies which has solved the art work however the metadata is not updating. Do I need to configure sage or is it something I am missing with My movies?
Old 11-01-2010, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

You must have had a plugin installed (like BMT) in V6 that you don't in V7. Sage doesn't download metadata on it's own.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Metadata and sage properties files

Correct I did have BMT and was not expecting it to still work just bitching a little lol. I know that sage does not down load by it's self.

Based on the sugestions above i tried Mymovies to be my new answer for metadata and cover art. After a little digging i found a option for how mymovies stores the metadata. You have to select sage tv properties file instead of the default xml.

Now I have a new question Sage is not updating to the new properties files. Is there a way to refresh the metadata short of unlinking all my movie directories and relinking them which I know will work but is a pain?
Old 11-01-2010, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

You need to remove the share from sagetv and re add it is the easiest way. Sagetv only reads property files at import or if the time stamp changes.

If you are using mymovies Why not use smm?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Plucky I have been away from the community after getting my system working with sage movie wall and BMT. It was a little bit of a job since I also use a SageTV extender. My server always worked easily, extender not so much.

I installed your plug in and it looked great on my server machine so started my extender and nothing was different. I looked at the installed plugins and SMM was disabled do to missing dependency. One of the dependencies also showed as failed. I tried rebooting the extender after rebooting the Service control on my main machine, still a no go. Then I did something stupid apparently and tried loading the STV for SMM I found in the STV folder. Extender locked up and now freezes at the SageTV boot up screen. Can you give me some help? on getting the extender going?
Thanks

Oh Im running the most recent Sage version 7 and MM 3.18 collection manager only on a Win XP machine

Last edited by veger69; 11-02-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by veger69 View Post
Plucky I have been away from the community after getting my system working with sage movie wall and BMT. It was a little bit of a job since I also use a SageTV extender. My server always worked easily, extender not so much.

I installed your plug in and it looked great on my server machine so started my extender and nothing was different. I looked at the installed plugins and SMM was disabled do to missing dependency. One of the dependencies also showed as failed. I tried rebooting the extender after rebooting the Service control on my main machine, still a no go. Then I did something stupid apparently and tried loading the STV for SMM I found in the STV folder. Extender locked up and now freezes at the SageTV boot up screen. Can you give me some help? on getting the extender going?
Thanks

Oh Im running the most recent Sage version 7 and MM 3.18 collection manager only on a Win XP machine
Please read the mymovies sub forums and wiki's if you still have issues I will need logs and a post over there. I don't like to tie up other forums with MyMovies post thanks

As for trying to load the stv I am guessing you mean stvi which would never work. The plugin system is there for a good reason to avoid issues like that . You will need to delete the line from your extender properties file that calls out the current stv. I am not sure of the exact property at the moment.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Plucky
I found the info I need to reset and already figured out I needed to load the client plugins If I have any other problems I'll post on the SMM posts.