SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Sage User

Possible Stupid STVi Question

I have been using Sage for years and did a bit of modifications to my v6 install. I am now upgrading to v7 and I really like the new plugin control. My question is when installing a UI Mod plugin it puts an stvi file in the \SageTV\STVs\SageTV7\ directory but how does Sage know to include that stvi when it loads? Does it just load all stvi files it finds in the directory?

Thanks,
Eric
Old 12-12-2010, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

No, there's a whole section of the properties file that stores information about what plugins are installed and what their dependencies are. So whenever it loads an STV, it looks for installed UI Mod plugins that depend on that STV, and loads them too (if they're enabled).

Just dropping an STVI into that directory is not sufficient. You must go through the plugin install process to get it loaded.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh you could just import the stvi the old fashion way if it is just for your use.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
No, there's a whole section of the properties file that stores information about what plugins are installed and what their dependencies are. So whenever it loads an STV, it looks for installed UI Mod plugins that depend on that STV, and loads them too (if they're enabled).

Just dropping an STVI into that directory is not sufficient. You must go through the plugin install process to get it loaded.
Thanks, that is what I was looking for. Just trying to understand this new plug-in architecture.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Oh you could just import the stvi the old fashion way if it is just for your use.
I could do it that way but I would rather use the new way so that I can easily remove modifications if I need to.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

If you keep your personal mods in the SagePluginsDev.xml, you don't have to upload them to the repository. This will give you the advantages of the plugin system, even for local specific mods.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room