SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

How do I get images to show for my dvd's???

Ok, I'm lost here. Do I use fanart, my movies?

I just would like to have the dvd cover art show up for all my dvd's and blurays.

Would someone be able to pint me in the right direction? I was looking at fanart, but I'm just not sure if that's the right thing to use.

any help would be great.

thanks

3/HD-100's, 1/HD-200
Old 01-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Sage Icon

you will need

1)phoenix fanart for sage7 installed from the ui section
2) BMT -- webui from the general section

once you have those installed you can log into the bmt webui which is http://serveraddress:8080/bmt default username and pass is sage/frey

Once you get into bmt you can navigate around, find your dvd/bluray and search for the metadata for that piece of media all from the BMT ui. BMT will download the fanart and all associated metdata you need. These images will then show up in Sage ui.

My movies is also another route you can go, which is actually waht i use.

I have my movies db collection manager setup on my sage server, and catalog and track all of my dvd/bluray using that.

PluckyHD wrote an AWESOME extension to My Movies which allows sage to access the my movies DB via api's, and display the media content in a whole slew of different screens. If you want the ability to use different screens and really customize how your movie wall/list/coverflow/etc. will look, then go the my movies route.

if all you care about is the complete metadata with fanart and are happy with the default sage 7 ui for movies, then def. go the BMT route.

also - BMT is quite possibly the greatest plugin out there. it lets you do so many things with your media (music,recordings,online,bluray,dvd,pics) that it would simply take to long for me to list them all out here. If i were you i would isntall BMT either router you take and browse around the forums for the many BMT threads out there
Old 01-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thank you for the detailed reply. I just loaded fanart and BMt. But when I got to the link http://serveraddress:8080/bmt, I get the 404 error. I tried using the name and ip of the server. It's a windows 2008 server.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstall the 2 plugins.

any thoughts.

thanks again.

3/HD-100's, 1/HD-200
Old 02-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Sage Fanatic

I finally figured out my problem getting BMT working. So I've been poking around try to get the images set for my DVD and Blurays, but not having any luck.

Could someone point me to where I would retrieve the images from, or set them up so that they are retrieve.

I'm a a little lost here.

thanks for any assistance.

3/HD-100's, 1/HD-200
Old 02-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Sage Icon

Forget all the various movie plugins, all you have to do to get DVD covers to show is put an image file (jpg, png, etc.) in the folder with the movie. It can either be the exact movie file name (if it's a single file, i.e. avi) or if you have DVDs in their native folders, it can be "folder.jpg".

This is in the user manual, btw.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

I did see that in the manual, but I have about 800 dvds/blurays ripped. So I was looking for an more automated way of doing it.

Just getting confused with all these different plugins and stuff.

thanks

3/HD-100's, 1/HD-200
Old 02-22-2011, 07:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdefino View Post
I did see that in the manual, but I have about 800 dvds/blurays ripped. So I was looking for an more automated way of doing it.

thanks
That many movies I would recommend using MyMovies as you have a large collection if your folders are named good should be pretty straight foward. My 2 cents a bit biased You can get the folder art for free and metadata you don't need to pay for that only if you want backgrounds and at that point you can use bmt for that if you want.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdefino View Post

thanks
Did you check out the bmt user guide? There's link to it in my signature. It has detailed information on how to do automated scans, and how to manual lookups.

The important thing for any automated task is to have dvds/media files that are named appropriately (ie, Human Readable). id, if you dvd is called "TRMN8R" then it's going to fail, but if it's called 'The Terminator (1994)' then it's probably going to work well.

Also, if you install the BMT web ui plugin, then it will automatically fetch metadata and fanart for any movie that is added to the system.

BMT tends to assume that you want "Fanart" and that you have another Fanart plugin installed (see the list of plugins that bmt supports in the sticky on the BMT sub forum), but if you don't want backgrounds, etc, then you can turn off "Fanart" and it will just download a poster and write it in the same folder as the movie so that sagetv will show it natively without any other additional plugins.