SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Sage Expert

file naming conventions to help BMT get correct data

so I have my X-files episodes (ripped from dvd, 1 episode per folder) named like this:
\\TOWER\TV\X-files\The X-Files-S06E20-three of a kind\VIDEO_TS
BMT for some reason keeps insisting all my xfiles episodes (I have the first 7 season box set things, that's a fair amount of episodes) are movies with very odd names...
so for the example above I get a 'movie' with the name "ANOTHER PAIR OF ACES THREE OF A KIND"

BMT has a 0% success rate with my x-files episode...
what can I do to help BMT get correct metadata info? preferable without going in and updating each episode manually?
Old 01-29-2011, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
so I have my X-files episodes (ripped from dvd, 1 episode per folder) named like this:
\\TOWER\TV\X-files\The X-Files-S06E20-three of a kind\VIDEO_TS
BMT for some reason keeps insisting all my xfiles episodes (I have the first 7 season box set things, that's a fair amount of episodes) are movies with very odd names...
so for the example above I get a 'movie' with the name "ANOTHER PAIR OF ACES THREE OF A KIND"

BMT has a 0% success rate with my x-files episode...
what can I do to help BMT get correct metadata info? preferable without going in and updating each episode manually?
I've made a small tweak to the filename scrapers, so this should be fixed in the next build. (hopefully later tomorrow)
Old 01-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Sage Expert

is there any way I could change up my file nameing to make it easier for BMT?
Old 01-30-2011, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
is there any way I could change up my file nameing to make it easier for BMT?
Your issue was related to the fact that tvdb returns no results for "X Files" but it does for "X-Files". BMT automatically strips out non-alphanumeric characters, but I've made a small change to preserve dashes.

This fix is available in the recent 2.3.16 that was released this morning.

Your files, if they have S##E## in the titles are already named as good as it gets
Old 01-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Sage Icon

Hey stuckless,

I'm threadjacking but the latest when I go into BMT web admin all files and folders (under browse) are listed on in a single column. Instead before listing in several (4-5 items) in rows. Please verify.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 03:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Hey stuckless,

I'm threadjacking but the latest when I go into BMT web admin all files and folders (under browse) are listed on in a single column. Instead before listing in several (4-5 items) in rows. Please verify.
Nothing has changed, that I'm aware of. Try clearing your caches, and try using another browser to see if it's browser specific.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Sage Icon

IE worked. I was using (always been) chrome. Tried clearing browser didn't work. Went to another computer which has chrome and worked. So, problem on my end. sorry and thinks.

Has the 2010 and 2011 shows showing up different been fixed? I'm getting Conan (and some other shows) from last year and this year to be index separately. I know I read somewhere but wasn't sure if was on your end or someones elses plugin.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Has the 2010 and 2011 shows showing up different been fixed? I'm getting Conan (and some other shows) from last year and this year to be index separately. I know I read somewhere but wasn't sure if was on your end or someones elses plugin.
I haven't changed anything on my end to handle those, but I'm working on it.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks allot for your hard work. I will now release this thread. LOL

My appologies, SomeWhatLost.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
My appologies, SomeWhatLost.
for what? seemed like perfectly valid questions, kinda/sorta on topic, well close enough...
and I may need the answers at some point...
so its all good...