SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Sage Icon

Possible enhancement for the Box Landing Zone

When in the box landing zone and you’re in the far left box ‘Options’ if you press the left arrow key nothing happens.

I think it would be nice if pressing left from this box actually moved you through the major categories across the top, thus instantly updating the options one is currently on for the new category without ever leaving the options area. It would speed up getting from say TV to Music without having to go all the way up before going over and clicking enter on it to get back to the options box.

This is especially true if you’re all the way at the last option in that far left box box, it can be quite a few keystrokes to get to the top before moving over. I think it would be rather intuitive.

I hope I'm being clear, if not let me know if I need to clarify.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Not a bad idea. Also the 'Home' key from anywhere in the Box landing zone takes you up to the top row.

btl.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Sage Icon

It's just that on my remote the home key is so far away from the arrow/enter keys. My fingers seldom branch out to any keys north of those arrow cluster But good to know.

Hey, while we're on the topic of home key function... What about when one presses the home key and gets the dialog: Browse Movies, TV Shows, Archived TV Shows, Program Guide etc... Can the top option be Home or something equivalent?

My wife hits the home key once and gets that message and every time gets frustrated that the home key doesn't take her to the box landing zone home screen. I've told her to hit it twice but she forgets every time... I think it would be nice if the first option was to Go home. Then it would alleviate her questioning why she's seeing what she's seeing rather than just immediately going to the home screen. Just a suggestion.

I also noticed that if I rename the menu items the names aren't reflected here in this home button dialog screen...