SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-16-2003, 07:54 PM

Talking Check out I been Doing

I'm so bore now that jeff has been keeping SageTV BUG FREE at lease for me that is hehehe I final got a round to finsh up my SAT logo.
Oh Thanks jeff I like BIGGER logo's now
Well I was at it I went ahead and made new Background to add to the mess WoW it so nice.
If want the background Click Here

Last edited by SHS; 05-16-2003 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:14 AM

I like it SHS . With the ability to customize and the new UI from 1.3.2 on, I don't think anyone can say SageTV is not beautifull any more. I was just starting to customize mine, but Jeff keeps coming out with new beta's faster than I work. OK thats an excuse, but I'm lazy.

Edtee(from SHSPVR)
Old 05-17-2003, 12:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

How do you add channel logos.. I've been thinking about this... it doesn't suprise me that i finally get round to thinking about a possible wish list thing for Sage and its already done

How do you do this!?

I guess this is because of the beta versions coming out.. there seems to be a lot of things that are in peoples minds and contained in the forum... are the manuals for SageTV out of date!?? I've not yet registered... do other manuals come with registration!??? I've got my new PVR and am testing now.. if it goes fine for a day or so .. well tonight mainly.. I'll be registering tomorrow... bit frustrating as again this seems to be an already used one (the antistatic precaution sticker holding the card bag together had been stuck over an older ripped one).. PC World seem to sell a lot of old already used stock.. I recal they used to put returns stickers on them.. it appears now they dont even do this... if it works well and doesn't get hot i'll be happy
Old 05-17-2003, 01:49 PM

First Stop SageTV
Next you need add the folder ChannelLogos in C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\
Logo are rigth here
http://www.satlogo.com/
Click on Logotypes Alphabetic link ocen you find the logo you want rigth click on logo Save Picture As.
In order to make the logo work you must match guide name to the image name
For Example like my DishNetwork Guide Channel 168 = TNN so name most be tnn.jpg, Now take that image move to C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\ChannelLogos\ that picture You just move should now show up in the guide.
Old 05-17-2003, 02:06 PM

Do you know of any way to make the logo's background transparent? I want the white in most logo to disappaer. I know for some logo's this would not work because of the color scheme, ie there would not be enough contrast with the background. I guess it would probable mean editting the logo with a graphics program, but I want to try. Any help, suggestions? Thanx
Old 05-17-2003, 02:50 PM

You edit them as GIF then you should be able to set transparent that if jeff allows for it.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:03 PM

Thanx I'll try it out.

Quote:
that if jeff allows for it.
From what I've seen of his work, I doubt that he hasn't already thought this through. He is very clever and very responsive. If I try it and it doesn't work, I would bet he has it in the new build and that he would release it faster than I could post a request.

The last two times I went to make a request, he had already covered it before I could post.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:07 PM
Sage

As you guessed, there is support for using GIFs with transparency.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

How do you get your Channel images to be that big... i've put files in, each channel has an image now but its more like this

<ID>
<IMAGE> for live TV

<FULL NAME>
<IMAGE> for recordings

ie.

<BB1 image> Live

BBC1 (Midlands)
<BBC1 image> recording

So the image never gets very big like on your screen grab above..
Old 05-17-2003, 03:52 PM

You install the latest ver of SageTV 1.3.4 for it work rigth