SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Somehow, I have a feeling your issue is related to mine. I have a feeling clear all settings would work for me, but can't do it if I can't toggle to advanced mode anymore...
I can still access the advanced mode. Clear all settings didn't help my situation.

Unfortunately, my issue came back after I restarted and My previous fix is not repeatable.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugh View Post
I can still access the advanced mode. Clear all settings didn't help my situation.

Unfortunately, my issue came back after I restarted and My previous fix is not repeatable.
What versions of STVI and API are showing at the bottom of the ADM configuration screen?
Old 09-03-2011, 12:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Edit: I just realized what you were trying to say to me earlier Jorton!! I hope that's it. How can I make them match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
What versions of STVI and API are showing at the bottom of the ADM configuration screen?

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 09-03-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:27 AM
Sage Icon

I don't seem to be having any problems but I noticed that after updating to .421 I had STVi 0.422 - API 0.421 and after later updating to .422 I still have the same.

S
Old 09-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
I have stvi 422 and API 421
Old 09-03-2011, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Edit: I just realized what you were trying to say to me earlier Jorton!! I hope that's it. How can I make them match?
Good eye JOrton... this is certainly the issue. I am not sure why your API did not update as the STVi has a minimum version of the API in the manifest so it should force the API to download. Try to manually update the API plugin from the repository by selecting zADMAPI in Sage. If that does not work then go to my downloads page and manually download and unzip the API and place it in your JAR folder.

k
Old 09-03-2011, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have stvi 422 and API 421
This is the correct versions as with 0.422 release I did not need to change the API so it is still 0.421.

k
Old 09-03-2011, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK. Got it working. Not sure what did it though.
It seemed to work the 1st time after I turned on and actually went to a menu and used it (all the submenus appeared properly in QLM).
Then when I went back to the main menu, all the sub-menus were back.

I also deleted the export files (I don't recall seeing the submenus after I deleted though).

- I spoke too soon - after a restart of Sage, the menu's disappeared. QLM did NOT fix the main menu issues again.

BTW. this is on server machine, Windows 7. SageTV is in service mode.

Jim
Can you turn on Sage Debug mode from the Detailed Setup , restart Sage with ADM enabled and then send me the client debug txt file from the server (should be 'sagetv_0.txt'). There must be something failing on startup.

k
Old 09-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Sage User

Here's the logs. Not sure it's a startup bug though.

If I disable ADM, the menus are normal, if I then re-enable ADM, they don't have the second tier.

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (378.6 KB, 116 views)
Old 09-03-2011, 09:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here's the logs. Not sure it's a startup bug though.

If I disable ADM, the menus are normal, if I then re-enable ADM, they don't have the second tier.

Jim
I am pretty sure it is an issue with the loading of the menu items but the log would tell me. Are you sure that Client Debug logging is turned on though as there are NO ADM debug statements in this log and there would have to be as I log the loading of the menu items on startup.

You could also Export your menu and send me the .properties file and I could see if there is an issue there.

k

Last edited by jusjoken; 09-03-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:16 PM
SageTVaholic

You guys are not going to believe this. I rebooted my sageTV server just now, after the reboot, I re-enabled my ADM plugin. After doing this, I realized that ADM API is now 0.421.; along with STVi 0.422.

However... now, my issue looks like "ugh" forum member; where, the second tier menus are empty. However, now the Main Menu is working!

Now that I have the current API jar after rebooting, I have the ability to toggle to advanced mode and clear settings. After I cleared settings, I loaded my exported menu items. Unfortunately, that didnt have any positive effect on the second tier menus...

Interestingly, the only second tier menu items I see are under the "Videos" section; where I see stuff like Coverflow, Sideways flow, etc.

Any ideas what I need to do? I attached my exported ADM properties file in this post.

Thanks for all your help jusjoken and jorton!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ADMexport.zip (5.6 KB, 112 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-03-2011, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Interestingly, the only second tier menu items I see are under the "Videos" section; where I see stuff like Coverflow, Sideways flow, etc.

Any ideas what I need to do? I attached my exported ADM properties file in this post.

Thanks for all your help jusjoken and jorton!!
I imported your export on my system without any issue... see attached image.

At this point I think I need your debug log from your client to see if ADM is failing on something.

k
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capturemaknet-small.JPG (35.3 KB, 210 views)
Old 09-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post

At this point I think I need your debug log from your client to see if ADM is failing on something.

k
Hmm. Debug is enable. How about this file? Looks like some debug statements are in there.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (373.6 KB, 114 views)
Old 09-03-2011, 04:19 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm guessing 1 debug file is enough from ugh since he has the same problem. I am successfully able to overcome this problem by going to the "Search" Main Menu item and using my right arrow key... it will then reveal the Search sub-menu. Once I can see the search sub-menu, I can then see all the other submenus afterwards. It stays working as long as I dont exit the sageTV client from memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post

k

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-03-2011, 05:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmm. Debug is enable. How about this file? Looks like some debug statements are in there.
Well that did not solve anything but it does rule out an API failure as the logs clearly show that ADM is loading the menu items. It does not indicate that you tried to open any of the submenus off of the Main Menu. As I assume you did do this then I need to give this more thought as by your screen shot it did open the panel for the items, so it thinks there are items, it just does not present them.

So some questions to help me narrow this down....

- do you ever see any of the Level 2 (or 3) menu items on the Main Menu (mkanet saiys he sees the Search menu items).
- have you tried QLM and does it show all the 3 levels of menus
- do you have ANY type of theme mod installed that may change the fonts or color of the fonts on the main menu (long shot on that question)
- I assume from the screenshots you do not use Diamond (mkanet does). Please confirm.
- when you press RIGHT for other level 1 menu items like you did for TV, does the panel always open... just no visible items?
- when the level 2 panel is open can you try pressing up/down and perhaps try selecting the item (just checking if perhaps they are there just not visible)
- I assume you have tried this but in ADM Manager if you Disable ADM and return to the Main Menu I assume the SageTV Menus display.
- confirm that you tired clear all settings under advanced
- do you have more than 1 client and if so does this occur the same on all of them?
- confirm that you have loaded Default menus and the same occurs (by the debug log it looks like those are the default menus).

- I will keep looking - but one other thing to try would be a manual reset of the ADM properties. Close SageTV, goto the .properties file for sage (server or client file) and delete all the lines that start with ADM/. Save the file and restart sage. Let me know if you try this and the results.

k
Old 09-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I'm guessing 1 debug file is enough from ugh since he has the same problem. I am successfully able to overcome this problem by going to the "Search" Main Menu item and using my right arrow key... it will then reveal the Search sub-menu. Once I can see the search sub-menu, I can then see all the other submenus afterwards. It stays working as long as I dont exit the sageTV client from memory.
You're on to something here.
Using the mouse to expand the menus for a freshly launched SageTV does not produce the correct sub-menus.

However, using the right arrows shows on any Main Menu item shows the correct sub-menus. Both mouse and right arrow produce second tier menus. At least until I close and restart Sage that is.

NOTE: The second tier menu displayed when I mouse over is the last second level menu shown when I right arrowed! I did not notice that previously.

I captured 2 debug logs. One with the mouse trying to expand the menus. One with the arrow expanding the menus.

Hope it helps.
Jim
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0-mouse.txt (330.2 KB, 105 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0-arrowkey.txt (319.2 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by ugh; 09-03-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Updated Info
Old 09-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
It does not indicate that you tried to open any of the submenus off of the Main Menu. As I assume you did do this then I need to give this more thought as by your screen shot it did open the panel for the items, so it thinks there are items, it just does not present them.
Actually, I did not try to open any menus in that log. I just launched and exited. Sorry, I'm still a noob at the logs. The files above show menu attempts.

Quote:
- do you ever see any of the Level 2 (or 3) menu items on the Main Menu (mkanet saiys he sees the Search menu items).
Yep. seems the right arrow makes it work on any Main Menu Item.

Quote:
- have you tried QLM and does it show all the 3 levels of menus
QLM shows all 3 menus correctly
Yes, all 3 menus show properly in QLM

Quote:
- do you have ANY type of theme mod installed that may change the fonts or color of the fonts on the main menu (long shot on that question)
Not currently. But my install is really old and I've had lots of different plugins installed and uninstalled over the years. Including Diamond.

Quote:
- I assume from the screenshots you do not use Diamond (mkanet does). Please confirm.
I do not have Diamond installed. But I did a while back.

Quote:
- when you press RIGHT for other level 1 menu items like you did for TV, does the panel always open... just no visible items?
Opens and works perfectly with the right arrow.

Quote:
- when the level 2 panel is open can you try pressing up/down and perhaps try selecting the item (just checking if perhaps they are there just not visible)
When I used the mouse to expand and get blank level 2 panel, the arrows have no effect (i.e. don't show level 3 menus).

Quote:
- I assume you have tried this but in ADM Manager if you Disable ADM and return to the Main Menu I assume the SageTV Menus display.
Main menus display correctly with ADM disabled

Quote:
- confirm that you tired clear all settings under advanced
Same behavior

Quote:
- do you have more than 1 client and if so does this occur the same on all of them?
Will try, but won't be able to get to it for a while.

Quote:
- confirm that you have loaded Default menus and the same occurs (by the debug log it looks like those are the default menus).
Same behavior with default menus.

Quote:
- I will keep looking - but one other thing to try would be a manual reset of the ADM properties. Close SageTV, goto the .properties file for sage (server or client file) and delete all the lines that start with ADM/. Save the file and restart sage. Let me know if you try this and the results.
Same behavior
Old 09-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Sage User

Looks like my issue is associated with mouse usage.

I noticed One more thing.

If I right arrow to a level 2 menu and mouse over one to show the level 3. The level 3 menu that is shown is always the level 3 menu shown when using the arrows.

Hope this help narrow it down.

Jim
Old 09-04-2011, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

ADM Version 0.42 (STVI 0.423 - API 0.421)

• Fixed Mouse related issue for opening Main Menu submenus

k
Old 09-04-2011, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Looks like my issue is associated with mouse usage.

I noticed One more thing.

If I right arrow to a level 2 menu and mouse over one to show the level 3. The level 3 menu that is shown is always the level 3 menu shown when using the arrows.

Hope this help narrow it down.

Jim
Let me know if version 0.423 fixes this. Thanks for all the help in narrowing this down... I do not use a mouse with SageTV so I seldom check if my interface works with the mouse... although QLM should work with the mouse too as I did test some of that... I guess mouse testing is now in my future

k