SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I don't mean to point fingers but ADM is the only plugin that I have installed in quite a while and I have started getting Out of Memory errors in Sage. Is this possibly from ADM?
Certainly anything is possible. I can look into this but I will need some more info. First, ADM will certainly take more memory than not running ADM. So can you let me know if you are using the stock java heap size or if you have increased it. I run at the max settings and also run Diamond and have not seen any issues but I will try to test further to see if ADM is using more memory over time.

Can you advise what setup you are seeing this on... Client, extenders etc. Is it after running for awhile or soon after startup? Also, what other plugins are you using. It would also help if I could see a debug log captured after you see this next.

k
Old 09-12-2011, 07:45 AM
SageTVaholic

This happened on Thurs and then again on Sunday. I have 5xHD-200 extenders and 1 HD-300. I rarely use more than two simultaneously. I very rarely reboot or shutdown my system

My JVM settings from the System Information screen is: 301/589/779. I will try increasing the JVM size as well.

I haven't really been using ADM yet and I thought I had disabled it but it seems to enable itself, (perhaps this was after an upgrade) as I have noticed funny things happening on my menus until I disable it. For example TV may show up twice on my main menu.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
This happened on Thurs and then again on Sunday. I have 5xHD-200 extenders and 1 HD-300. I rarely use more than two simultaneously. I very rarely reboot or shutdown my system

My JVM settings from the System Information screen is: 301/589/779. I will try increasing the JVM size as well.

I haven't really been using ADM yet and I thought I had disabled it but it seems to enable itself, (perhaps this was after an upgrade) as I have noticed funny things happening on my menus until I disable it. For example TV may show up twice on my main menu.
As info my jvm values are - 199/450/1038 (or there abouts on my client and server) with Diamond and ADM.

The double TV entry just happened to me this morning on one of my extenders so I obviously introduced an issue recently. I will dig into that issue to determine what is causing it (I have an idea).

k
Old 09-25-2011, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

MyTV plugin for Diamond

Sorry to cause trouble again.. but how do I add MyTV back to my menus? As soon as I enable ADM, MyTV doesnt show anymore. I can't figure out how to add the MyTV menu item back either using ADM copy mode. Could you please help me to get it working again?

Thanks so much as always,
Michael

Edit: It seems that the ADM copy command can't see the MyTV entry. It only sees Recordings. I tried many different ways, but no matter what I can't get MyTV back

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 09-25-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Echo. Echo.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Echo. Echo.
concentrate... concentrate... I've got to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate... Hello?... hello... hello... Echo... echo... echo... Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon... Manny Mota... Mota... Mota...

-Ted Striker

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I hope you get your answer soon!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sorry to cause trouble again.. but how do I add MyTV back to my menus? As soon as I enable ADM, MyTV doesnt show anymore. I can't figure out how to add the MyTV menu item back either using ADM copy mode. Could you please help me to get it working again?

Thanks so much as always,
Michael

Edit: It seems that the ADM copy command can't see the MyTV entry. It only sees Recordings. I tried many different ways, but no matter what I can't get MyTV back
Sorry... I must have been asleep at the wheel... OR playing with the next Diamond release (oops ... did I say that out loud???)

Check out the MyTV item on the Wiki found here.... and let me know if that solves it for you.

k
Old 09-28-2011, 11:10 PM
SageTVaholic

No worries. I can't find an updated MyTV in the downloads section in that link. I only see information about MyTV compatibility. Did you remember to upload it?

Oh yeah... I've been meaning to tell you that the current mytv plugin for Diamond has a font display issue. I have been using your original MyTV stvi you made before making turning it into a plugin. I've attached the stvi that displays fonts correctly. However, it would still need the ADM compatibility fix.

Current MyTV for Diamond plugin:

Without display issue (attached stvi):

Thanks so much! Looking forward to having MyTV and ADM working together along with displaying correctly!

-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Sorry... I must have been asleep at the wheel... OR playing with the next Diamond release (oops ... did I say that out loud???)

Check out the MyTV item on the Wiki found here.... and let me know if that solves it for you.

k
Attached Files
File Type: zip STV7.mytv.0.2.zip (15.5 KB, 100 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-29-2011, 06:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No worries. I can't find an updated MyTV in the downloads section in that link. I only see information about MyTV compatibility. Did you remember to upload it?

Oh yeah... I've been meaning to tell you that the current mytv plugin for Diamond has a font display issue. I have been using your original MyTV stvi you made before making turning it into a plugin. I've attached the stvi that displays fonts correctly. However, it would still need the ADM compatibility fix.

Current MyTV for Diamond plugin:

Without display issue (attached stvi):

Thanks so much! Looking forward to having MyTV and ADM working together along with displaying correctly!

-Michael
Actually there is no change/fix required. I was just pointing you to the Wiki as it states how to manually add the MyTV submenu. I just tested it out and it worked fine. Basically you just create a new menu item under TV (or wherever you want it but it must be a level 2 item) and then set it's Sage Submenu setting to "MyTV (needs Plugin)"... and it should work. Keep in mind it will not work on the new ADM Quick Launch menu if you use that feature. (and you are correct... ADM Copy Mode will not work for this menu).

For any changes to the MyTV for Diamond fix you need to wait for JOrton to respond as he created that one.

k
Old 09-29-2011, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
For any changes to the MyTV for Diamond fix you need to wait for JOrton to respond as he created that one.
Jusjoken is correct, there is no "fix" anymore and the released MyTV for Diamond in the plugin repository is the most current and tested with Diamond 3.0 and ADM. I have no problems on all my machines and HD300 with this combo.

@MKANET - If you are seeing that you have an issue with fonts and you are using your "MKANET Diamond Theme" then you may need to adjust the theme.properties to accomodate.

The "fix" stvi you are using is a temporary solution that only fixed the menu not displaying at all on the Diamond menus. The "MyTV for Diamond" that has a few more tweaks to make compatible with the other menus and code.

J

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Diamond, MyTV and ADM.jpg (89.1 KB, 293 views)
Old 09-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Sage Icon

MKANET - I recall someone else had a similiar issue earlier on http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...3&postcount=64 that related to STVi.

What they did was go back to the regular STVi, installed ADM, THEN reapplied the custom STVi. Then they were able to see the items.

Worth a shot since it sounds like you did a manual STVi instead of plugin for MyTV?
Old 09-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Sage Icon

Just to clarify,

There is the Original MyTV plugin that had issues with the Diamond Menu.

MKANET - is using an early STVi fix I posted to make it work with Diamond. (I think...)

There is also an official MyTV for Diamond plugin that was released later that works with Diamond and has a couple more fixes in it to work a little more cleanly with our menus.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, Jorton, that's right. The stvi that displays correctly for me was the your first attempt to make a diamond compatible MyTV plugin. It was available for download a while back. It has worked great from the beginning for me. If I try to use the plugin version, there's a change in there that causes fonts to not look right for the MKANET Mod theme. It was easier for me to use the Stvi that works rather than mess with theme.properties; which would probably adversely affect my theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Just to clarify,

There is the Original MyTV plugin that had issues with the Diamond Menu.

MKANET - is using an early STVi fix I posted to make it work with Diamond. (I think...)

There is also an official MyTV for Diamond plugin that was released later that works with Diamond and has a couple more fixes in it to work a little more cleanly with our menus.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-29-2011, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks so much! I was doing everything right except I didnt know to look for "MyTV (needs Plugin)" under submenu. I was trying to find a reference to it under the "Action Type" section.

Everything works great!! Since I use a mouse half the time, the "auto open" feature not working isn't a big deal.

I really appreciate everyone helping out. It's good to know there are still many people completely active on the forums.

-Michael

Quote:
Actually there is no change/fix required. I was just pointing you to the Wiki as it states how to manually add the MyTV submenu. I just tested it out and it worked fine. Basically you just create a new menu item under TV (or wherever you want it but it must be a level 2 item) and then set it's Sage Submenu setting to "MyTV (needs Plugin)"... and it should work. Keep in mind it will not work on the new ADM Quick Launch menu if you use that feature. (and you are correct... ADM Copy Mode will not work for this menu).

k

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Sage Icon

So.. jusjoken.... anything on the horizon for ADM? New additions?

If you're looking for ideas, don't forget my idea of context- or weather-based automated custom backgrounds.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
So.. jusjoken.... anything on the horizon for ADM? New additions?

If you're looking for ideas, don't forget my idea of context- or weather-based automated custom backgrounds.
Doesn't it do enough already

But seriously... Nothing right now... I have my head into looking at the next Diamond release and I only have one of those (heads that is) so ADM will need to rest for a little while.

k
Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Doesn't it do enough already :cool
Absolutely. I was just curious. Thanks again for such an awesome plugin.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

2nd level menus wont open anything!

Dont think this has been covered before....

Im running Windows 7 64 bit and Ive just installed 7.1.9 client and added ADM to it. No other plugins on this client yet.

I instantly get no level 1 menu! no amount of "load default menus" or "clear adm settings" etc seems to fix that. Cant get anthing to appear within ADM on the right side either!

However loading a previous config gives me a level 1 menu when I restart the client. After the restart I still have issues as many 2nd level items do nothing at all! e.g. in "Program Guide" fails but the rest work. Ive checked its settings and it says Action Type "execute standard sage menu action", but Standard action is blank and Sage submenu is <None> (dont know if thats right)

Seems anything that has an action at the 2nd level doesnt work. If there's a 3rd level it seems to be ok.

Didnt have any problems at all on my last try with ADM. Unfortunately the PSU went bang so the only thing the same is the original C drive (which is now a spare drive!)

Any ideas whats gone wrong?

Edit:
How about...
Code:
Mon 10/3 22:57:59.599 [AWT-EventQueue-0@119cca4] ADM: aLoadStandardActionList: file not found loading actions ADM.utiljava.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMStandardActions.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
Mon 10/3 22:57:59.603 [AWT-EventQueue-0@119cca4] ADM: uLoadSageBGVariablesList: file not found loading SageBGVariables ADM.utiljava.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMSageBGVariables.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
Mon 10/3 22:57:59.604 [AWT-EventQueue-0@119cca4] ADM: uLoadSageBGList: Loaded BGVariables
Mon 10/3 22:57:59.605 [AWT-EventQueue-0@119cca4] ADM: uLoadSageBGList: Getting '0' backgrounds + UI = 'SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI' tBackgrounds = '[Ljava.lang.String;@137c834'
Mon 10/3 22:57:59.607 [AWT-EventQueue-0@119cca4] ADM: uLoadSubMenuListLevel1: file not found loading standard actions ADM.utiljava.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMSageSubMenus1.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
Mon 10/3 22:57:59.609 [AWT-EventQueue-0@119cca4] ADM: uLoadSubMenuListLevel2: file not found loading standard actions ADM.utiljava.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMSageSubMenus2.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
Seems to be looking in entirely the wrong folder for its properties files. SageTV is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV"

Last edited by pjwerdna; 10-03-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you copy in an old .properties file from a previous install or something?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Did you copy in an old .properties file from a previous install or something?
Nope brand new everything.

Ive also checked in the SageClient.properties file and there are no mentions of Program Files without the (x86)