SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohn View Post
It's on a HD300 extender, so no mouse control involved. First time it happened, I'm pretty sure I made the mistake of hiding a command that currently had focus. Once I realized what happened, I went back, un-hid it, changed focus, and then re-hid it. That worked fine and then for some reason the problem came back at a later date. I'm wondering if I should just delete the commands instead of hiding them, I could always restore the default menu if I need them back...
If it is focus related then I would suggest doing an Export of your menus and then delete all the ADM Settings (go into Options, select "Currently using Basic Options" if it does not say Advanced, and then select "Clear All ADM Settings".) This will delete all ADM settings from the specific client properties... then try reloading your menu. This will delete any record of the item having had focus.

k
Old 01-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

jusjoken,

I ran into an odd issue after updating my server to windows 7 64 bit. My two windows xp 32bit clients both have the same issue. They don't seem to like that the server path is different than the client path.

I fixed it by copying my sagetv dir to program files (x86). I believe it is a ADM issue, per Fuzzy's recommendation and on my clients a directory was created in program files (x86)... userdata\adm. I see you latest version dealt with client directories. I am on 0.424.

My original post with more details:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...62&postcount=1

Thanks,
flips
Old 01-03-2012, 09:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
jusjoken,

I ran into an odd issue after updating my server to windows 7 64 bit. My two windows xp 32bit clients both have the same issue. They don't seem to like that the server path is different than the client path.

My original post with more details:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...62&postcount=1

Thanks,
flips
This is a known issue... I have it fixed in the next release.

Thanks
k
Old 01-05-2012, 10:02 AM
SageTVaholic

jusjoken,

Is it possible to protect a menu Item with a PIN#. I currently added to my client some remote stop and start services also a reboot of the client PC.. what I would like to do is require a PIN# to access this menu Item?
Old 01-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
jusjoken,

Is it possible to protect a menu Item with a PIN#. I currently added to my client some remote stop and start services also a reboot of the client PC.. what I would like to do is require a PIN# to access this menu Item?
If I recall, I think jusjoken did incorporate User Security. Might be able to use that so only a specific user could even see those items

check out the wiki for details since I don't use that feature
Old 01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

I can't seem to get to the WIKI getting 500 error,,

Finally got in... It appears that security is only to disable the functionality of changing the menu not executing particular menu Items.

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-05-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I can't seem to get to the WIKI getting 500 error,,

Finally got in... It appears that security is only to disable the functionality of changing the menu not executing particular menu Items.
No. If you setup a user for general use and admin for you then you can set any menu item to not display for the general user. Sage also let's you force a pin to be entered to switch users. I also added some convenience functions to make switching users pretty easy.

K
Old 01-05-2012, 07:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks I see it now works great!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Sage Icon

Just saw this thread: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...200#post524200
and it got me thinking...

In the old v6, installing the Weather Report Suite (WRS) required you to manually do some Studio editing to add the menu item, or else have nielm's dynamic menus and add it as a menu item (once the WRS plugin was installed, it showed up in the list of available menu items you could add via dynamic menus).

Any idea what would happen if you manually added the old WRS now (manual adding of plugins is still possible, I think)? Would it make something appear, somewhere, so that you could create the menu item in ADM? If not, what would it take to add something to the old WRS code so that a menu item did show up that could be added?

I know, I know, the answer is probably "why don't you try it and let us know?" Well, I'm at work, maybe I will later, but I thought I'd ask....

(even if not you, jusjoken, I'm hoping someone who is familiar with WRS will chime in)
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

I will soon be releasing an ADM update and am looking for a few users to test to make sure I didn't break too much!

There are no new features in this release so it is just regression testing as well as any specific testing for the bug fixes...

- fix for Working Directory issue where it was getting the Server's directory rather than the client (could use a Linux tester on this one)
- fix for Deleted Items coming back issue on Extenders
- fix for Weather in the QLM with Widgets on
- fix for hidden focus on some menu items

Just send me a PM with your email address if you are willing to test and I should be able to send you a plugin manifest in the next few days.

k
Old 05-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Sage Expert

Editing Menu item addons

I noticed that I can see all normal stv7 menu items, but I can't see menu items for plugins I have installed. Specifically In Control, JRMC, Playon. Is there a way to edit these menus? Thanks
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
I noticed that I can see all normal stv7 menu items, but I can't see menu items for plugins I have installed. Specifically In Control, JRMC, Playon. Is there a way to edit these menus? Thanks
Take a look at the Wiki and specifically at the Copy Mode used to copy many menu item types from the standard Sage Menus and addons. It does not work for everything but you can also manually create new menus in the ADM Menu Manager and then select the widget it needs to launch from a preconfigured list or if not available on the list then you can have it call a specific widget by entering that directly.

Anyway... check out the Wiki and then let me know if you have more questions.

k
Old 05-09-2012, 11:42 AM
SageTVaholic

I just recently installed ADM on a new 64 bit Client. And once I enable it all I get on my main menu is a blank screen.. if I disable it I get my menus back. Sagetv is install in C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV ... any Ideas how to correct this?

PS. ADM is putting the userdata here
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\userdata\ADM

I see this error.

Code:
2012-05-09 10:45:08,170 [SageTV] INFO  sagex.SageAPI - Sage Provider Implementation: sagex.remote.EmbeddedSageAPIProvider; sage://embedded
2012-05-09 10:46:22,670 [AWT-EventQueue-0] WARN  sagex.SageAPI - Call failed for Service: IsPluginEnabled; Args: 0: null
sage.a.e: Error in method reflection of IsPluginEnabled of java.lang.NullPointerException
	at sage.az.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.SageTV.api(Unknown Source)
	at sagex.remote.EmbeddedSageAPIProvider.callService(EmbeddedSageAPIProvider.java:16)
	at sagex.SageAPI.call(SageAPI.java:171)
	at sagex.api.PluginAPI.IsPluginEnabled(PluginAPI.java:327)
	at ADM.Diamond.IsDiamond(Diamond.java:67)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e$e.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a.m$b.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a.m.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.be.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.UIManager.ad(Unknown Source)
	at sage.SageTV.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.SageTV.aq(Unknown Source)
	at sage.SageTV.exit(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e.h$31.void(Unknown Source)
	at sage.az.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a.m$b.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a.m.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.be.null(Unknown Source)
	at sage.be.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
	at sage.bo.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.bx.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.bx.if(Unknown Source)
	at sage.bx.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at sage.e.w$11.void(Unknown Source)
	... 53 more

Last edited by nyplayer; 05-09-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just recently installed ADM on a new 64 bit Client. And once I enable it all I get on my main menu is a blank screen.. if I disable it I get my menus back. Sagetv is install in C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV ... any Ideas how to correct this?

PS. ADM is putting the userdata here
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\userdata\ADM
I have this fixed in a version that has not been tested (I had no volunteers) so I have not released it but you can work around it by placing the Defaults folder contents (look for "STVs\ADM\defaults") and mimic that folder structure under the "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults" area.

This should work.

k
Old 05-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Sage Expert

I've encountered what I think is a very minor bug...

I use Diamond, and I have a Movies menu with 3 different Diamond flows, plus a "search videos" item. If I navigate to a flow (list flow for example, but they all do the same thing.) and then press left arrow, I appear back on the home screen with the Movies submenu open and the focus on the list flow submenu item. This is fine, but none of the Diamond flows will do anything until I moved the focus back to the top level menu and then back into the submenu.

It's a very minor thing, but I thought I'd report it anyway.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargason View Post
I've encountered what I think is a very minor bug...

I use Diamond, and I have a Movies menu with 3 different Diamond flows, plus a "search videos" item. If I navigate to a flow (list flow for example, but they all do the same thing.) and then press left arrow, I appear back on the home screen with the Movies submenu open and the focus on the list flow submenu item. This is fine, but none of the Diamond flows will do anything until I moved the focus back to the top level menu and then back into the submenu.

It's a very minor thing, but I thought I'd report it anyway.
Coincidental... I just fixed this in Gemstone

It is related to dynamic menu items and I may create a fix for the current ADM release as this likely will affect those that don't use Diamond or won't be using Gemstone... but it is not a high priority compared to my Gemstone work.

k
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 PM
SageTVaholic

I just got around to trying ADM out again (switching back from Phoenix), and the WorkingDirectory is still not correct.
My server is installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV
My client is installed at D:\Programs\SageTV\SageTV

Installing ADM on the client results in a blank menu. Going into ADM Manager, and choosing Load Defaults has no effect, and the following is entered into the log.
Code:
Tue 5/29 19:49:40.416 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1be0f0a] ADM: aLoadStandardActionList: file not found loading actions ADM.utiljava.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMStandardActions.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
Tue 5/29 19:49:40.420 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1be0f0a] ADM: uLoadSageBGVariablesList: file not found loading SageBGVariables ADM.utiljava.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMSageBGVariables.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
Tue 5/29 19:49:40.420 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1be0f0a] ADM: uLoadSageBGList: Loaded BGVariables
Tue 5/29 19:49:40.421 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1be0f0a] ADM: uLoadSageBGList: Getting '0' backgrounds + UI = 'SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI' tBackgrounds = '[Ljava.lang.String;@1328413'
Tue 5/29 19:49:40.422 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1be0f0a] ADM: uLoadSubMenuListLevel1: file not found loading standard actions ADM.utiljava.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMSageSubMenus1.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
Tue 5/29 19:49:40.423 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1be0f0a] ADM: uLoadSubMenuListLevel2: file not found loading standard actions ADM.utiljava.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM\defaults\ADMSageSubMenus2.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
Tue 5/29 19:49:40.424 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1be0f0a] ADM: uInitADM - One Time initialization complete.
Tue 5/29 19:49:40.424 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1be0f0a] ADM: mMenuNodeList: creating MenuNodeList for 'SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI'
Tue 5/29 19:49:40.424 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1be0f0a] ADM: mroot: creating root for 'SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI'
Tue 5/29 19:49:40.425 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1be0f0a] ADM: mLoadMenuItemsFromSage: loaded - 'admwcgp8zqrgw' = '<Not defined>'
Tue 5/29 19:49:40.425 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1be0f0a] ADM: mLoadMenuItemsFromSage: loaded - 'adm7bis92h2af' = '<Not defined>'
C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV does not exist. Also, D:\Programs\SageTV\SageTV\userdata\ADM does not exist (as if that STV isn't even being downloaded). I can manually download the defalts zip file and put it in that folder, but it still doesn't look there for it. The only way I can get the menus to load are to create a junction in the Program Files (x86) folder to the D:\Programs\SageTV folder. It works, but something is obviously still wrong in the working directory call. I also have no idea why the ADMDefaults STV package is not being installed automatically.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-29-2012, 09:18 PM
SageTVaholic

A little more info on the defaults front. It looks like the Defaults package is coded as an STV package, so it is being installed in D:\Programs\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\ADM. If you want a file to extract to the userdata folder, you will have to use a System package type, and store the userdata/ADM in the zip file.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I just got around to trying ADM out again (switching back from Phoenix), and the WorkingDirectory is still not correct.
My server is installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV
My client is installed at D:\Programs\SageTV\SageTV

Installing ADM on the client results in a blank menu. Going into ADM Manager, and choosing Load Defaults has no effect, and the following is entered into the log.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV does not exist. Also, D:\Programs\SageTV\SageTV\userdata\ADM does not exist (as if that STV isn't even being downloaded). I can manually download the defalts zip file and put it in that folder, but it still doesn't look there for it. The only way I can get the menus to load are to create a junction in the Program Files (x86) folder to the D:\Programs\SageTV folder. It works, but something is obviously still wrong in the working directory call. I also have no idea why the ADMDefaults STV package is not being installed automatically.
I believe this is fixed and I had a request out for some testers but had no responses so I have not posted the fix. I would prefer someone test the fix prior to me releasing it so if you are interested PM me an email address and I will send you a dev xml to test out the new version (I will need to quickly check it out myself as I have been integrating ADM into Gemstone).

PS: the defaults are in the STV\ADM folder by design as those are files that the user should not modify. Exports are saved in the userdata folder... but with the working directory issue the plugin itself cannot find these properly.

k
Old 05-30-2012, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorry, I thought the issue was supposedly fixed in api 0.424, which i think is what I have installed (at least the changelog listed it as containing the fix), so I thought I 'was' testing the fix for you. If you've got a newer build, send it my way, and I'll give it a whirl.