SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Thanks Jeremy, I already did that. However, the good news is I think I found the real problem. It looks like jusjokenADMAPI is not listed in plugin manager anymore; hence, ADMAPI_0.381.zip and the jar file dependency didnt get installed. I manually downloaded the file using the url mentioned in SageTVPlugins.xml and manually added the JAR file back.

I know that the JAR file was installed originally. But, for whatever reason, after I deleted it manually, the dependency plugin doesnt show up in SageTV plugin manager; even though it's mentioned in SageTVPlugins.xml.

Is there any way to get jusjokenADMAPI to reappear in my plugin manager?

Thanks,
Michael
This is not likely the issue... just look at the BOTTOM of the plugin list as the API for ADM is named zADMAPI (to force it to sort to the bottom as you don't need to do anything with this part of the plugin). check it out and let me know if it's there.

The UI plugin installs the STVi as well as ADMDefaults_0_36.1.zip that is needed for the menus and standard actions etc to load from. Those are likely missing and are required to be in the STVs\ADM\defaults folder.

Hopefully that will restore the default menus.

One place to look if you ever load the defaults "accidentally" is to try an Import of the file "ADMbackup.properties in the userdata/ADM folder" as ADM backs up the current ADM menus when you load defaults or do an import.

k
Old 07-30-2011, 06:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
jusjoken, I really need your help.

Could you please help me to restore ADM back to it's original configuration? I just want to see all my main menu items with my plugins listed AND have ADM enabled as well. It doesnt look like uninstalling the ADM plugin and reinstalling it put it back to the original menus before ADM was first installed.

-MKANET
Hopefully my previous post helps you get ADM running normally. However you asked in your first post to have ADM to have all main menu item AND all your plugins listed... this can be done but ADM does not do it automagically. ADM will provide a SageTV "look-a-like" menu with most of the base SageTV menu items as if NO plugins were installed (only exception is with Diamond I also add the Movies/Videos menu).

All other menus from other plugins need to be manually added by you using the ADM Manager or by using the ADM Copy Mode function outlined in the Wiki.

Hopefully you get your system working the way you want it with ADM.

k
Old 07-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Do the rest of the menu/submenu actions work properly? I installed the plugin but as I have not setup the service etc it doesn't work for me with ADM enabled or disabled. Perhaps after EP plays with ADM he can suggest what I might need to do differently as it looks like it is setting up properly... but obviously it is not.

k
Yes all submenus work. I'm sure it must be something EP needs to communicate with you about.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzup View Post
Yes all submenus work. I'm sure it must be something EP needs to communicate with you about.
Just wondering... did you leave the Menu Item called "PlayOn" or did you rename it to something else?

I know EP does some coding based on the ButtonText so if you change the name it could cause an issue... perhaps not but just checking.

k
Old 07-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Just wondering... did you leave the Menu Item called "PlayOn" or did you rename it to something else?

I know EP does some coding based on the ButtonText so if you change the name it could cause an issue... perhaps not but just checking.

k
Didn't change anything. Just did the copy.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Just jojoken, maybe I didnt explain it well, but manually downloading the missing adm jar file and putting int in the jars folder DID fix the missing menu problem. Once I manually added the Jar file, the default folder and contents are able to be created. I just didnt understand why the Jar file wasn't being downloaded.

Thanks,
MKANET

Quote:
This is not likely the issue... just look at the BOTTOM of the plugin list as the API for ADM is named zADMAPI (to force it to sort to the bottom as you don't need to do anything with this part of the plugin). check it out and let me know if it's there.

The UI plugin installs the STVi as well as ADMDefaults_0_36.1.zip that is needed for the menus and standard actions etc to load from. Those are likely missing and are required to be in the STVs\ADM\defaults folder.

Hopefully that will restore the default menus.

One place to look if you ever load the defaults "accidentally" is to try an Import of the file "ADMbackup.properties in the userdata/ADM folder" as ADM backs up the current ADM menus when you load defaults or do an import.

k

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi Just jojoken, maybe I didnt explain it well, but manually downloading the missing adm jar file and putting int in the jars folder DID fix the missing menu problem. Once I manually added the Jar file, the default folder and contents are able to be created. I just didnt understand why the Jar file wasn't being downloaded.

Thanks,
MKANET
Could there have been an entry in the sage properties file that made it look like it was already installed but it wasn't? I think I saw you mention in an earlier post that you "deleted" the api file so that wouldn't remove that entry???

Just a guess.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

The ultimate problem was that I didnt realize that I needed to manually "copy" all my 3rd party plugin menu/sub-menu items back to the ADM-enabled default menu/submenu layout when ADM is enabled. I thought if I removed all traces of ADM (by removing all entries in the sageTCVclient.properties file and delete any ADM related files (AFTER uninstalling the main ADM plugin), that I would see all my 3rd party plugin menu items after installing ADM again.

Since the API jar file wasn't removed automatically after uninstalling the ADM plugin, I deleted it myself; and, when I installed ADM, it would NOT copy the API file back no matter what I did. So, I downloaded the ADM API file and manually copied it in there myself. Magically, ADM started to work again.

There are two enhancements that might help prevent confusion like this from happening (if at all possible):

1. When uninstalling ADM plugin, for it to uninstall the respective API jar file as well and remove any files/folders/properties file settings related to ADM. Basically returning the sageTV setup exactly the way it was before installing ADM; with no traces left; and, not requiring for someone to manually do the full reset procedure. Basically, a clean uninstall of the plugin.

2. The "Load Default Menus" feature is a bit misleading IMO. I thought it means to return the menus back to the default (respecting menu/sub-menu items that were inserted by 3rd party plugins). It would make sense when someone selects this option, it returns them menus with 3rd party plugin menu items included. So, in essence, ADM (when first installed) would do an automatic export (specifically for this function) and import this file when "Load Default Menus" is selected.

Thanks,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Could there have been an entry in the sage properties file that made it look like it was already installed but it wasn't? I think I saw you mention in an earlier post that you "deleted" the api file so that wouldn't remove that entry???

Just a guess.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-30-2011, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

How do I define backgrounds for Diamond Video Submenu items? I would love to be able to change the background for side-ways flow (when dynamic fanart backgrounds are not enabled). Is it possible to add this feature for Background Manager if it's not possible to do at this time?

Thanks,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Since the API jar file wasn't removed automatically after uninstalling the ADM plugin, I deleted it myself; and, when I installed ADM, it would NOT copy the API file back no matter what I did. So, I downloaded the ADM API file and manually copied it in there myself. Magically, ADM started to work again.
I just had a look in the library section of the plugin repository and if you select any of the installed API's (jars etc...) there is an option to uninstall, that may be cleaner than just deleting in the furture. Never tried it myself but I would think that this would remove any references from the properties file to the API and allow it to be installed again. Just another guess...

I don't think that a lot of api's are uninstalled automatically as they are installed as dependancies so they will have to be uninstalled on their own, the logic being that they may be required for another plugin so allowing a plugin to uninstall may break another plugin that depends on it... I think

J

Update: Just gave this a try, uninstalled ADM and then after restart uninstalled the zADM API. Then no problem reinstalling ADM and it's API again.

Last edited by jorton; 07-30-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Update: Just gave this a try, uninstalled ADM and then after restart uninstalled the zADM API. Then no problem reinstalling ADM and it's API again.
Thanks for testing this... good to know.

k
Old 07-31-2011, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
There are two enhancements that might help prevent confusion like this from happening (if at all possible):

1. When uninstalling ADM plugin, for it to uninstall the respective API jar file as well and remove any files/folders/properties file settings related to ADM. Basically returning the sageTV setup exactly the way it was before installing ADM; with no traces left; and, not requiring for someone to manually do the full reset procedure. Basically, a clean uninstall of the plugin.
Thanks for the suggestions... they are always welcome. For this one I actually have no control (that I am aware of) over what SageTV does during an uninstall of my plugin. As JOrton pointed out there is a way to uninstall the dependency API (after a restart) but unless another developer knows of a way to control this I don't believe I can do anything about this behavior.

Quote:
2. The "Load Default Menus" feature is a bit misleading IMO. I thought it means to return the menus back to the default (respecting menu/sub-menu items that were inserted by 3rd party plugins). It would make sense when someone selects this option, it returns them menus with 3rd party plugin menu items included. So, in essence, ADM (when first installed) would do an automatic export (specifically for this function) and import this file when "Load Default Menus" is selected.
How SageTV handled each Menu Item (hardcoded within the STVi) and how ADM stores them (in .properties files) are very different so a direct "load" of the current menus including plugin modified menu items is not really possible. I am not sure a complex function that tries to scan the STVi for menu items would be any better as it would likely be very error prone.

Here is what I will do.... I have modified the Wiki to be very clear about the Load Default Menus function. I have also modified the Prompt when you select this option (for the next release) to be much clearer as well.

I am also willing to improve the ADM Copy Mode feature if anyone finds a Menu Item that will not copy properly and attempt to handle it.

Thanks

k
Old 07-31-2011, 06:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How do I define backgrounds for Diamond Video Submenu items? I would love to be able to change the background for side-ways flow (when dynamic fanart backgrounds are not enabled). Is it possible to add this feature for Background Manager if it's not possible to do at this time?

Thanks,
Michael
If you are wanting to change the background within the diamond Flow that is beyond the scope of this plugin.

However, if you are wanting to have the background change when a specific Custom or Default Diamond Flow Menu Item is in focus (or any other menu item) you just need to change that menu item's Background setting.

The trick here is some of the Default Menus are NOT displaying ADM Menu Items but instead are just displaying the built in Submenu (from Sage or Diamond or another Plugin added Submenu). In this case you don't have control over the Background for each menu item on that Submenu.

However, you can re-create that Submenu using ADM Menu Items instead. For the parent item (Videos or Movies in this case), set the Submenu to None. Then add Submenu Items to this Parent either manually or through the ADM Copy Mode feature for each of the Diamond flows etc that you want on the menu (note: even with Copy mode part of the process is manually as so far it won't recognize the specific flow type).

At this point you will now have a Childmenu that you have created with ADM Menu Items and each can have a different Background if you want this.

Hope this helps. I have added it to the FAQ as it may be a common question.

k
Old 08-02-2011, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

New version - testers wanted

Please PM me with you email address if you are interested in testing the next release.

The main new feature is User Based blocking of Menu Items based on the SageTV Permissions and User Profiles.

Also included is scrolling menus at all 3 levels so any level can contain any number of items.

Those that have tested before, no need to respond as I will send you the Manifest incase your interested this time.

k
Old 08-02-2011, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Please PM me with you email address if you are interested in testing the next release.

The main new feature is User Based blocking of Menu Items based on the SageTV Permissions and User Profiles.

Also included is scrolling menus at all 3 levels so any level can contain any number of items.

Those that have tested before, no need to respond as I will send you the Manifest incase your interested this time.

k
I tested the scrolling on both the Default and DIAMOND and it works as advertised. I tested all areas of scrolling Including number of Items. Every level and it works.

Thanks

I really do not use permissions but will look into testing it.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

Has anyone installed Weather Report Suite (WRS) the old-fashioned manual way and tried to add it via ADM? In nielm's old DCM, it would show up in the list of menu items that you could add - I am wondering if it would show up in ADM as well. The way WRS runs, sorta "independently" of the Sage UI itself, makes me wonder whether it's just a matter of having a menu item to point you to it, and somewhere to go back to when you exit - and whether the code inside of WRS would allow it to see the v7 menu items at all anyway. Anyone tried?

I wouldn't even care if the background was still the old v6 "blue swirl", it would be cool to have it back again... especially now that we're approaching hurricane season.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

ADM Version 0.40 (0.401) - released August 3 2011

• New User Based Menu Item control
    • Block the display of Menu Items based on SageTV User Profiles
  • ADM integrated with SageTV's new User Profile Permissions
    • "Change UI configuration options" permission is now required to modify any ADM menus/settings
  • Now handles Large Menu Lists with any number of items
    • All 3 levels now support large menu item lists
    • scrollbars automatically added when required
  • ADM Manager
    • Menu Items can now be reordered in either of the List by modes (Structured/Grouped)
    • Options item updated to allow configuring the Max items to be displayed on each level before scrolling starts
  • Other minor fixes

Please refer to the ADM Wiki for more information and how to use ADM

Thanks to those that helped with testing this release.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

k
Old 08-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Has anyone installed Weather Report Suite (WRS) the old-fashioned manual way and tried to add it via ADM? In nielm's old DCM, it would show up in the list of menu items that you could add - I am wondering if it would show up in ADM as well. The way WRS runs, sorta "independently" of the Sage UI itself, makes me wonder whether it's just a matter of having a menu item to point you to it, and somewhere to go back to when you exit - and whether the code inside of WRS would allow it to see the v7 menu items at all anyway. Anyone tried?

I wouldn't even care if the background was still the old v6 "blue swirl", it would be cool to have it back again... especially now that we're approaching hurricane season.
WRS won't run under Sage 7 (Even if you use the SageTV3 STV file). It needs an overhaul to get it working again.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 08-09-2011, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

jusjoken,

I do not know if this is possible or not... when using the Malore Hidden extra menus you can set up to 8 views. Is it possible in a future release to set up a menu Item for each View of the malore menus? ... as you can do with the regular recordings menus?
Old 08-09-2011, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
jusjoken,

I do not know if this is possible or not... when using the Malore Hidden extra menus you can set up to 8 views. Is it possible in a future release to set up a menu Item for each View of the malore menus? ... as you can do with the regular recordings menus?
Can you describe this further or better yet provide a screen grab. I already provide the 8 custom Recording Views so I assume you mean a different menu but as I don't use this functionality I will need some guidance to look in the right location to see if ADM can mimic the right behavior.

k