SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I have installed ADM but I haven't bothered using it to customize my menus. Should I wait a wee bit until this new pre-release version is released?
Yes. I should have it complete by the weekend depending on any issues we find while testing. Although the test version is backward compatible the Default Menus are more complete allowing better control over hiding/showing any item and if you choose to use the new QLM feature will be beneficial.

k
Old 09-01-2011, 04:13 PM
SageTVaholic

ADM Version 0.42 (0.420) - released September 1 2011

• New Quick Launch Menu (QLM)
    • Optional new feature to display a menu on top of nearly any SageTV screen making the full ADM menu available quickly throughout SageTV
    • With Diamond you can also optionally have the diamond Widgets displayed with the QLM
  • Updated Action management
    • Used when editing or creating Menu Items for the selection of the Action to perform
    • Simpler approach (I hope) to selecting and finding the appropriate action (from a list of 120 available actions)
    • Can be filtered by Music, TV, Video, etc
    • Filter can be set to "sticky" to be available for subsequent uses when creating/adusting multiple similar menu items
  • New Dynamic List Actions
    • These menu items will be replaced with a dynamic list of menu items when they are displayed in the menus
    • Available Types
      • Music Playlist - current list of Music Playlists
      • Video Playlist - current list of Video Playlists
      • TV Revordings - list of 4-8 recording views depending on your settings
      • Diamond Custom Flows - list of currently configured Diamond Custom Flows
  • New Malore Actions
    • Malore menu actions have been added/updated to work with the CopyMode
    • New Malore Menu Actions are now available to jump directly to a specific Alternate View
  • Updated Default Menus
    • All menu items in the Default Menus are now ADM controllable menu items
    • Removed the use of any SageTV submenus from the default menus as they are less flexible
    • Note: SageTV Submenus are still supported and can be used with ADM except in the new QLM feature
    • Previous Users of ADM: if you have minor modifications to your ADM menus then I recommend loading the Default Menus with this version and then applying your minor modifications again. This will allow you to take full advantage of showing/hiding all menu items as well as use the new QLM feature. If you have larger modifications and your current menus are working well for you then there is no need to change as this version is fully backwards compatible.
  • ADM Manager option buttons (left side) now scrollable when required
  • Other minor fixes

Please refer to the ADM Wiki for more information and how to use ADM

Thanks to those that helped with testing this release.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

k
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ADMQLMMenu-small.JPG (32.8 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg ADMQLMDiamondWidgets-small.JPG (54.6 KB, 287 views)
Old 09-01-2011, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.42 (0.421) - released September 1 2011

• Minor issue with Diamond Custom Flows in new Action Manager. No need to update if you do not use Diamond.

k
Old 09-02-2011, 12:09 PM
SageTVaholic

The latest version of ADM makes all my Main Menu items disappear. All I did was upgrade the plugin. If I try to load default menus or import the what I had saved, I still dont see the main menu items. I can see a ghost image of them on the right side of the screen. At this point, the only thing I could do is disable the plugin. I'm using the latest diamond plugin. All previous versions of ADM worked very well for me.

Thanks,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-02-2011, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
The latest version of ADM makes all my Main Menu items disappear. All I did was upgrade the plugin. If I try to load default menus or import the what I had saved, I still dont see the main menu items. I can see a ghost image of them on the right side of the screen. At this point, the only thing I could do is disable the plugin. I'm using the latest diamond plugin. All previous versions of ADM worked very well for me.

Thanks,
Michael
I have not seen this issue but it looks like the focus has been lost. I assume this is on a client PC so try clicking the mouse on the left side panel to see if that brings back the focus. If that does not work then I suggest you do an export of your menus and then go into ADM Options, turn on Advanced mode and then select Clear all settings. After that you can then import your exported menu.

Let me know if either of these helps.

k
Old 09-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Thanks,
Michael

Are you loading your Diamond Mod too? (you may only be changing the BG images now though...)
Old 09-02-2011, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Jorton,

I added "Custom Menus" to the 2nd level of the Default STV below schedule recordings and above TV Show Editorials.. When I use QLM "Custom menus" does not show up... Do I need to do anything else?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Jorton,

I added "Custom Menus" to the 2nd level of the Default STV below schedule recordings and above TV Show Editorials.. When I use QLM "Custom menus" does not show up... Do I need to do anything else?
A screen shot would help of the settings for your "Custom Menus"... if the menu item has a SageTV Submenu associated to it then it can not be displayed in the QLM. If that is what you are trying to do then you need to create specific menu items under the Custom Menu item with the right ADM Actions for each one (can use CopyMode too for most items).

Let me know if I am on the right track to figuring what the issue is... or post a screen shot of the menu item settings and I will assit.

k
Old 09-02-2011, 06:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
A screen shot would help of the settings for your "Custom Menus"... if the menu item has a SageTV Submenu associated to it then it can not be displayed in the QLM. If that is what you are trying to do then you need to create specific menu items under the Custom Menu item with the right ADM Actions for each one (can use CopyMode too for most items).

Let me know if I am on the right track to figuring what the issue is... or post a screen shot of the menu item settings and I will assit.

k
It is the Sagetv Custom Menus submenu. I will just add the items see if that helps.

Got it working thanks

Last edited by nyplayer; 09-02-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Sage User

I'm having an issue with default menus on this latest version. They don't seem to be displaying anything for the second tier menus. Looks ok in the ADM manager.

Any thoughts?

BTW. Love the work you did on this! Thanks so much!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
It is the Sagetv Custom Menus submenu. I will just add the items see if that helps.

Got it working thanks
I guess I missed that menu in the Defaults... perhaps I will add it into the next release but I am glad you were able to build it.

k
Old 09-02-2011, 07:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugh View Post
I'm having an issue with default menus on this latest version. They don't seem to be displaying anything for the second tier menus. Looks ok in the ADM manager.

Any thoughts?

BTW. Love the work you did on this! Thanks so much!
A screen grab would help as I am not sure what you mean... do you mean they are not showing in QLM or on the Main Menu... which ones specifically are missing...

thanks for more info...

k
Old 09-02-2011, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

I've not seen this issue either, until this last update; and, I've been updating every time there's a new version of ADM.

This happens on all my clients; including placeshifter and HD300. Clicking on the Main Menu area with my mouse doesnt make any difference on my PC client, I still dont see anything there; just little bit of the Main Menu items under the Diamond widgets on the right side of the screen.

Am I supposed to have a blank space under "Load Default Menus" and under "Options (Basic)"? See below screenshot.

Also, if I select "Options (Basic)", it takes me to "ADM Options Max Items for Level 1, 2, 3 Currently using Basic Options". I dont have a way to switch to Advanced.

I was only able to export. I can also import. I tried importing standard original menus, but nothing changed. It looks like ADM just broke with this last update and no way to reset it.

It doesnt make a difference if I use my sub-theme or not. This behavior happens using the standard diamond plugin and default sub-theme. I'm not using any weird plugins; just the most popular ones out.

How can I revert back to what I had?

Edit: I just updated ADM with the newer update from today, but it didn't help any.

Thanks,
Michael

Quote:
I have not seen this issue but it looks like the focus has been lost. I assume this is on a client PC so try clicking the mouse on the left side panel to see if that brings back the focus. If that does not work then I suggest you do an export of your menus and then go into ADM Options, turn on Advanced mode and then select Clear all settings. After that you can then import your exported menu.

Let me know if either of these helps.

k

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 09-02-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Also, if I select "Options (Basic)", it takes me to "ADM Options Max Items for Level 1, 2, 3 Currently using Basic Options". I dont have a way to switch to Advanced.
When you have the button that says "Currently using Basic Options", select it and it will toggle to "Currently using Advanced Options" and will then show the option to clear settings as I described.

k
Old 09-02-2011, 08:48 PM
SageTVaholic

ADM Version 0.42 (0.422) - released September 2 2011

• Added Custom Menu to defaults if this feature in SageTV is enabled

You only need to update to this if you use the Custom Menu under TV that is enabled with the Hidden Extras.... or just want the latest !

k
Old 09-02-2011, 09:06 PM
SageTVaholic

I was trying to say that it does not toggle there. It will not change.

Quote:
When you have the button that says "Currently using Basic Options", select it and it will toggle to "Currently using Advanced Options" and will then show the option to clear settings as I described.

k

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Sage User

I've attached a screen cap of the missing secondary menus on the main screen.

Also, I tried uninstall/reinstall, but no joy with that either.
They do appear when I disable ADM.

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage-nomenu.jpg (88.9 KB, 167 views)
Old 09-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Sage User

OK. Got it working. Not sure what did it though.
It seemed to work the 1st time after I turned on and actually went to a menu and used it (all the submenus appeared properly in QLM).
Then when I went back to the main menu, all the sub-menus were back.

I also deleted the export files (I don't recall seeing the submenus after I deleted though).

- I spoke too soon - after a restart of Sage, the menu's disappeared. QLM did NOT fix the main menu issues again.

BTW. this is on server machine, Windows 7. SageTV is in service mode.

Jim

Last edited by ugh; 09-02-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Somehow, I have a feeling your issue is related to mine. I have a feeling clear all settings would work for me, but can't do it if I can't toggle to advanced mode anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugh View Post
OK. Got it working. Not sure what did it though.
It seemed to work the 1st time after I turned on and actually went to a menu and used it (all the submenus appeared properly in QLM).
Then when I went back to the main menu, all the sub-menus were back.

I also deleted the export files (I don't recall seeing the submenus after I deleted though).

Anyway, looks like I'm running again.

Jim

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Michael,

Is that API .401 in the screenshot? It should be .421 to match the stvi I think....

Mine are both .421 when I checked.