SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, another question for you, or anyone else. Can SageDCT be used with more than one HDHR Prime? I noticed you have a Prime and non Prime HDHR, but can it be used with multiple HDHR Primes? One certainly isn't enough.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

Well after standing in line at the Comcast local office for about an hour I got 2 M cards and came home to install them. One seems DOA. All that is in the log is that a card was installed, but nothing else and the light on the front of the Prime just keeps flashing no matter which Prime I put that card into.
The other card gets paired, but no lineup has appeared after 4 hours and 2 calls for a "refresh". The log file on that one says it passed pairing and "awaits activation". <sigh>

I'm about this close >< to walking into the office with a big old box of all my Comcast hardware and telling them to shove it!
Old 07-31-2013, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
Well after standing in line at the Comcast local office for about an hour I got 2 M cards and came home to install them. One seems DOA. All that is in the log is that a card was installed, but nothing else and the light on the front of the Prime just keeps flashing no matter which Prime I put that card into.
The other card gets paired, but no lineup has appeared after 4 hours and 2 calls for a "refresh". The log file on that one says it passed pairing and "awaits activation". <sigh>

I'm about this close >< to walking into the office with a big old box of all my Comcast hardware and telling them to shove it!
Did you call Comcast to activate? and tie the cards to your account. Also make sure your Prime has the latest firmware.

You can read more here

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-31-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Did you call Comcast to activate? and tie the cards to your account. Also make sure your Prime has the latest firmware.

You can read more here
yep. Called them more than once. I may have to call again. Last night I tried the online activation listed on that page and neither of my M cards were listed in the equipment.

Although I did notice something very strange and welcome. In playing around with the "unactivated" but paired Prime, when I went and set those tuners to digital cable all my pre-encryption channels were viewable again within the HDHR setup program as long as I didn't do a rescan.
Bad news was that when I added the prime back to SageTv no channels worked again. However setting them to Cable Card in HDHR Setup and then doing a rescan from within SageTv all those old pre-encryption channels reappeared and were tuneable.

So at least I've gotten back what I had before the encryption (with a few less $$ in my pocket) Now I've got to head back over to the local office, stand in line for another hour or more,<sigh> and get a replacement for the dead M-Card they gave me yesterday.
Then I'll be giving a call to the level 2 number in that link. Hopefully they can figure it out because being able to tune/view the old channels tells me that the card is working and all I probably need is for it to finish activation and send me a lineup.

I'll now move all further talk of this over to the HDHR Prime and SageDCT thread so I won't hijack this thread any longer.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

...... and I spoke too soon. I did NOT get back my pre-encryption channels. The stations would start to record fine, but a few minutes in and it would start getting error and then at the end of the program the tuners would lock up and the only way to get them back was to power cycle the HDHR Prime.

Today I picked up a new M card for the defective one and I now have both cards saying "activation:success". However only one card has populated channels and they all work (at least the ones that should work) in SageTv setups QuickTv.
However after installing SageDCT (latest version) and following instructions found in the SageDCT and HDHR Prime thread I can't get SageTv to tune channels. It goes through the initializing preview stage and the HDHR Prime tuner light comes on until the initializing dialog goes away. The signal says 100% but no video ever appears and when I check the HDHR the tuner light is out. More troubleshooting I guess. <sigh>