SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Moving to a new System

I am planning on migrating to a new PC. But, I want to make a few configuration changes. (i.e. like using EPG Data). So I installed the trial version and the 21 day trial has run out. I uninstalled and re-installed and still get the 21 day message. I am look for an alternative to keep test before I cut over. So I have a few questions:
  1. Can I reset the 21 day Trial?
  2. What happens if I enter my license key and BOTH computers are runing SageTV?
  3. What method would you use?
All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
John
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 01-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
1. Nope... not as far as I know.
2. Depends if both are on the same network... if they are only one copy will work (thats IIRC).
3. I'd probably disconnect the test machine from the network and enter your key.... when you need to update the test machine unplug the other machine from the network and once updated swap it back over.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
3. I'd probably disconnect the test machine from the network and enter your key.... when you need to update the test machine unplug the other machine from the network and once updated swap it back over.
Does the machine need to be disconnected from the network, or can I just stop SageTV on the production machine while I am using the test machine?

Thanks,
John
Old 01-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Do you have second router? If you do plug the second router into one of the ports of the first router. Then just make sure one router is something like 192.168.0 and the other is 192.168.1. This way they should be on separate networks but can still get to the internet.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
Does the machine need to be disconnected from the network, or can I just stop SageTV on the production machine while I am using the test machine?
To be honest I can't remember what happens if you just stop the service... IIRC all that happens if you do try and run both is you get a message telling you that an instance of Sage is already running on the same network and it won't start. I used to do it all the time a few years back but I bought another license and never had to worry about it again but I'm pretty sure at the very worst all you'll have to do is disconnect one machine and cycle the OS on the other to get it running again.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't think I've ever seen sage complain about more than one server running with the same license. Obviously, they can't directly interact (you can't use one as a client for the other), but in this case, I don't think they check for what you are trying to accomplish. I don't think it is valid per the EULA, but it seems a reasonable exception for transition over to a new server in a 24-hour availability type situation.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

There is an Option that says "UnRegister SageTV Media Extender or Placeshifter License". Is there a way to "unregister" the core program?

Thanks,
John
Old 01-02-2012, 07:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, I believe there is a command line switch to put on sagetv.exe to cause it to clear the registration information.. I think it's REGISTER. (so you'd run Sagetv.exe REGISTER) Make sure REGISTER is in all caps.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room