SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Lost Access to Settings-Profiles Locking Me Out

I have lost access to all Sage settings. I recently upgraded to the latest beta (7.1.9). I didn't notice any changes then. Today, I cleared the client property files to be able to start from scratch configuring them, and I don't have access to any of the properties. I have been able to determine that this is related to teh new Security Profiles that I had not been using. I need to set them to enable, but I can't access them anywhere. Any tips? Where can I give myself access to the settings again?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Let me try again. I really need some help and I have searched over and over in the forums.

Where are the user rights set in the Security Profiles? I think they are set in the detailed settings, but i can't access these because I'm locked out. Is there a properties file that can edited? How can I restore access to the settings?
Old 01-03-2012, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm View Post
Let me try again. I really need some help and I have searched over and over in the forums.

Where are the user rights set in the Security Profiles? I think they are set in the detailed settings, but i can't access these because I'm locked out. Is there a properties file that can edited? How can I restore access to the settings?
I would suggest restoring a backup of your properties file if possible or a reinstall of Sage over your current install so it installs a default properties file (of course backing up properly before).

I don't think there are many users who use these new functions as I too have asked previously but the forum was pretty quiet about their use. This is very likely due to that these functions were added late in the 7.1.x beta run.

I have experimented with them and my ADM plugin uses the functions basically but I am not sure I can offer much help other than the suggestion above.

As info, in my Server properties file there are a series of properties starting with "security" such as...

Code:
security/default_profile=Administrator
security/profile/Kid\ Test/Archive=false
security/profile/Kid\ Test/Conversion=false
security/profile/Kid\ Test/Delete=false
security/profile/Kid\ Test/EditMetadata=false
security/profile/Kid\ Test/Filesystem=false
security/profile/Kid\ Test/GeneralSetup=false
security/profile/Kid\ Test/PictureRotation=false
security/profile/Kid\ Test/Playlist=false
security/profile/Kid\ Test/SaveOnlineVideo=false
security/profile/Kid\ Test/Security=false
security/profile/Kid\ Test/Studio=false
security/profile/Kid\ Test/SystemMessage=false
security/profile/Kid\ Test/UIConfiguration=false
security/profile/No\ Security/Security=false
security/profile/No\ Security/UIConfiguration=true
security/profile/Test1/SystemMessage=false
security/profile/Test1/UIConfiguration=false
security/profile/Test1/WatchedTracking=true
security/profiles=Kid Test,
security/ui_access_pwd=424d20160a6a558e5bf86a7bc9b67f0
You may want to remove any of these lines if there are any but if you deleted the properties then it is more likely that something is missing vs. something extra in the file.

k
Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

BTW: if you are using Linux you could also check out the issue listed here...

k
Old 01-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

jusjoken,

Thanks for the reply! The properties you list do not show in my properties file at all. If I understand the example lines from your properties file, you have created a profile called kid test. Is the only line related to default the line:
security/default_profile=Administrator

or does default have settings for all the other features listed also?

Steve
Old 01-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

RESOLVED-sort of:

I had to reinstall version 1.7 and then install version 1.9. I now have access to all the settings again, but my system info page reports I am running 1.7 and it wont allow me to update many newer plugins. But, that is a different issue. Access to my detailed settings is back!

Steve
Old 01-03-2012, 09:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm View Post
RESOLVED-sort of:

I had to reinstall version 1.7 and then install version 1.9. I now have access to all the settings again, but my system info page reports I am running 1.7 and it wont allow me to update many newer plugins. But, that is a different issue. Access to my detailed settings is back!

Steve
I believe 1.7 had a bug showing the wrong version. You should do all the stv updates... 2or 3 I believe and then the version should show correct.

k
Old 01-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

ALL ISSUES RESOLVED

The issue of my system reporting 1.7 is now also resolved and I am finally able to update all of my plugins that were telling me they were not compatible with 1.7.

Apparently I messed something up when I first installed 1.9 (I suspect I failed to shut down the server). The system's installation process saw 1.9 as installed, but Sage still saw everything as 1.7. If I attempted to reinstall 1.9, nothing would update. The solution was to uninstall 1.9 first, then reinstall. Now all is good again.