SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I'm not having much luck with this on a Plex server running under Linux. I installed Plex on my unRaid server which is a Slackware distro of Linux. 1st off finding the paths was a bit different. It appears that they are the following:

Plugins = plex_directory\Resources\Plug-ins
Scanners = plex_directory\Resources\Plug-ins\Scanners.bundle\Contents\Resources

I placed the files from the zip in the corresponding folders. When I started up Plex, I could not see the custom metadata agent or scanner for Sage. I looked thru all the files and "SageTV Movie Scanner.py" had Windows line endings so I changed it to Unix line endings. I restarted Plex again. This time I saw the metadata agent, but the scanner still did not show up. After a few minutes though the metadata agent disappeared and is no longer in the list. I'm not sure what to do now.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsitalon1 View Post
Pix,

I need a little troubleshooting help.

I've installed all required components and have it all partially working.

I say partially because Plex media manager is able to see all my video's in the video import directory. It assumes it's all movies, but I don't care.

My problem is when I create the "recorded tv" library and configure it to point to my sagetv recorded tv directory, it scans it for like 10 seconds and reports no files. I can assure you there is over 500gb of video files in there.

Can you tell me where to look?

I do have that library set to use the Sagetv Scanner and BMT agent.

Thanks for your help!
A few things:

1) sorry it took me a while to get back to u, I wasn't home and didn't have my iPad :-/
2) did u follow the instructions on the google site
3) did u change e line of code in both scanners to point to your sage server with username and password? (outlined in wiki)
4) did u change the bmt.properties file in the bmtagent plugin directory (also in wiki)
5) did u out e plex.js onto your server in correct location
6) did u select the correct scanner and agent when setting up your directories? If yes then please attach your plex log files found in the logs directory of p,ex...right click on plex server running in sys tray (assuming windows) and select go to plugins. Go up a directory once open in windows explorer, and then go to logs. I need the media server.log the scanner log and the bmtagent log
Old 03-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
I'm not having much luck with this on a Plex server running under Linux. I installed Plex on my unRaid server which is a Slackware distro of Linux. 1st off finding the paths was a bit different. It appears that they are the following:

Plugins = plex_directory\Resources\Plug-ins
Scanners = plex_directory\Resources\Plug-ins\Scanners.bundle\Contents\Resources

I placed the files from the zip in the corresponding folders. When I started up Plex, I could not see the custom metadata agent or scanner for Sage. I looked thru all the files and "SageTV Movie Scanner.py" had Windows line endings so I changed it to Unix line endings. I restarted Plex again. This time I saw the metadata agent, but the scanner still did not show up. After a few minutes though the metadata agent disappeared and is no longer in the list. I'm not sure what to do now.
Karl, I haven't tried installing under unraid before , so this make take some trial and error from both of us. I will also try installing it for u on my unraid server.

If u r running unraid off of a USB drive, then Youll need to put the agent and scanners on the USB drive.

Can u post or email me the instructions u used? There are a lot of pretty in depth solutions out eremto get it running 1 under unraid and 2 under Slackware Linux...

Well get it figured out just need to poke around a bit.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

I'm running unRaid 5 beta 14 to make use of the plugin system that has been introduced. From that I followed the instruction here. I am running Plex from the cache drive using these settings:
Code:
Install Directory: /mnt/cache/.plex
Library Directory: /mnt/cache/.data/plex
Temp Directory: /tmp
Run as user: unraid-plex
use soft links: checked
Those settings will make more sense when you get the plugin installed.

I looked around a bit more and found the path:
Code:
cache\.data\plex\Application Support\Plex Media Server
This actually looked like the better place for your files as this is where the plug-ins I installed from the client went to. So I removed everything from the previous folders, and then placed them in the proper folders in this location. Still no joy.

BTW, I changed owner of all the files to match the user set in the config option above. I also changed permission on all files to 777, so everything has full rwx attributes.

Last edited by kricker; 03-29-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm running unRaid 5 beta 14 to make use of the plugin system that has been introduced. From that I followed the instruction here. I am running Plex from the cache drive using these settings:
Code:
Install Directory: /mnt/cache/.plex
Library Directory: /mnt/cache/.data/plex
Temp Directory: /tmp
Run as user: unraid-plex
use soft links: checked
Those settings will make more sense when you get the plugin installed.

I looked around a bit more and found the path:
Code:
This actually looked like the better place for your files as this is where the plug-ins I installed from the client went to. So I removed everything from the previous folders, and then placed them in the proper folders in this location. Still no joy.

BTW, I changed owner of all the files to match the user set in the config option above. I also changed permission on all files to 777, so everything has full rwx attributes.
Cool thnx, I'll check it out. What directories are u using for plugins and scanners?

On a normal install of plex u have /scanners/Movie. And scanners/Series...I belief are the 2. In there should live the Sagetv scanner and movie scanner

The bmt agent should live right inside the plugins folder, but inside the bmt agent folder needs to be everything that is contained in the zip file on the google site. When u unzip the folder from google that is the correct directory structure.

So far this code has been tested successfully on windows vista, windows 7, Mac os x, and Ubuntu. Slackware while it is different should have no problems with the python code, unless they are using a different python interpreter, highly unlikely though.

Also did u grab the code off of google or do the zip file that is in the downloads and follow darci's instructions? I realize they are different for unraid, but can at least give some direction.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Sage Icon

I grabbed r3 from here. And followed the instructions from here. I placed the files just as they were in the archive in the directory mentioned above
Code:
Everything appears to be where it should be. I changed the Movie Scanner file to have Unix line endings instead of Windows line endings. I edited my SAGEX_HOST=http://sage:frey@192.168.0.4:8080. 8080 is the default webport, I assume this is correct. Even if it wasn't I would think I would still see the custom scanner and agent in the list inside of PMS.

Last edited by kricker; 03-29-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I grabbed r3 from here. And followed the instructions from here. I placed the files just as they were in the archive in the directory mentioned above
Code:
Everything appears to be where it should be. I changed the Movie Scanner file to have Unix line endings instead of Windows line endings. I edited my SAGEX_HOST=http://sage:frey@192.168.0.4:8080. 8080 is the default webport, I assume this is correct. Even if it wasn't I would think I would still see the custom scanner and agent in the list inside of PMS.
In windows u have to restart plex server to get those to show up, in Mac and Linux however I haven't had to do this. I know it's Slackware, but maybe ate happening. Did u try estarting plex on unraid?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Sage Icon

Yup. Every time I stopped PMS, added my files and then restarted PMS. I only saw the scanner for a brief moment. I haven't seen it again since.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yup. Every time I stopped PMS, added my files and then restarted PMS. I only saw the scanner for a brief moment. I haven't seen it again since.
As soon as I get some free time today I am going to try setting up unraid inside of a vm image on my ubuntu box. I will then try installing plex, and getting the scanner/agent setup.

sorry for the delay but got busy with work.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
A few things:

1) sorry it took me a while to get back to u, I wasn't home and didn't have my iPad :-/
2) did u follow the instructions on the google site
3) did u change e line of code in both scanners to point to your sage server with username and password? (outlined in wiki)
4) did u change the bmt.properties file in the bmtagent plugin directory (also in wiki)
5) did u out e plex.js onto your server in correct location
6) did u select the correct scanner and agent when setting up your directories? If yes then please attach your plex log files found in the logs directory of p,ex...right click on plex server running in sys tray (assuming windows) and select go to plugins. Go up a directory once open in windows explorer, and then go to logs. I need the media server.log the scanner log and the bmtagent log
Was this information useful tsitalon1? did it solve your problem?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Was this information useful tsitalon1? did it solve your problem?
Will have to try again when I get home, though i think I completed all steps as I did read the wiki first.

I might have missed the single quotes on some of the config files. Will check and report tonight with a log file.

Thanks for following up Pix!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Will have to try again when I get home, though i think I completed all steps as I did read the wiki first.

I might have missed the single quotes on some of the config files. Will check and report tonight with a log file.

Thanks for following up Pix!
anytime. keep me posted so I can get you up and running ASAP.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Pix,

It's still not working, Sorry!

I've attached the logs for your review
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (31.7 KB, 171 views)
Old 03-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hey Pix,

Thanks. I'll take a look ASAP, prob won't be till tomorrow though sorry. Date night with the wife tonight.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hey Pix,

I checked out the logs:

1) Good thing is it looks like the scanner is working properly and correctly scanning your media for sage shows.
2) It doesn't look like the BMT Agent is being called at all, so please follow the following steps.
--------------------
1) Shutdown plex
2) redownload R3 from the google site
3) download plex.js and place on sage server in correct location outlined by the install wiki. (Restart the sage server. you shouldn't have to do this, but it may be necessary in some cases)
4) unpack R3 again as you did before
5) change the server address username and pass located at the top of the 2 scanner files that will be unpacked
6) change properties file located in the BMTAgent folder which is also unzipped.
7) before starting plex try and hit the following url from your webbrowser and let me know what happens: http://x.x.x.x:port/sagex/api?c=plex...age_server.ext

7 may require you to login, and if it does you need to change the url to be http://userass@x.x.x.xort/.....

If 7 above works you should received the BMT metadata response in xml format, printed out in your browser.

Lets start with that and go from there.

what environment are you running in? Windows?
also is plex and sage on the same server or different?

~Mike
Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Sage Icon

Any update? tsitalon1
Old 04-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Sage Icon

*Bump*
Old 04-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Any update? tsitalon1
Hey Mike,

Sorry I haven't updated!

I've haven't had a chance to tackle it yet, kids running me around everywhere and wife didn't want me messing with it during her shows

I hope to get it tonight!

Thanks for the stellar support!!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hey Mike,

Sorry I haven't updated!

I've haven't had a chance to tackle it yet, kids running me around everywhere and wife didn't want me messing with it during her shows

I hope to get it tonight!

Thanks for the stellar support!!
No problem. Im ready to take a look when you get a chance to try what i suggest above. Good luck.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I checked out the logs:

1) Good thing is it looks like the scanner is working properly and correctly scanning your media for sage shows.
2) It doesn't look like the BMT Agent is being called at all, so please follow the following steps.
--------------------
1) Shutdown plex
2) redownload R3 from the google site
3) download plex.js and place on sage server in correct location outlined by the install wiki. (Restart the sage server. you shouldn't have to do this, but it may be necessary in some cases)
4) unpack R3 again as you did before
5) change the server address username and pass located at the top of the 2 scanner files that will be unpacked
6) change properties file located in the BMTAgent folder which is also unzipped.
7) before starting plex try and hit the following url from your webbrowser and let me know what happens: http://x.x.x.x:port/sagex/api?c=plex...age_server.ext

7 may require you to login, and if it does you need to change the url to be http://userass@x.x.x.xort/.....

If 7 above works you should received the BMT metadata response in xml format, printed out in your browser.

Lets start with that and go from there.

what environment are you running in? Windows?
also is plex and sage on the same server or different?

~Mike
Hey mike,

I think that got it...The media scan now finds all the files. I will reply tommorrow if I can get it to successfully stream across to my Roku 2.

Thanks again Mike!