SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I don't know what you consider large but it scans our recording library of over 300 recordings in a few minutes. It took much longer for Plex to get all the frame grabs for each recording but the bulk of the initial scan was completed in about 5-10 minutes.
forgot to ask, what needs to be entered, and where, sageplex_cfg.json config file?
if you could paste the area that needs editing that would help. thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-09-2015, 12:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
forgot to ask, what needs to be entered, and where, sageplex_cfg.json config file?
if you could paste the area that needs editing that would help. thanks
I wrote a short install instruction at the github site:
https://github.com/ai7/sagetv-for-plexmediacenter

The sageplex_cfg.json file should go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server. This is what it looks like:

Code:
{
    "sagex": {
        "host"     : "localhost",
        "port"     : 8080,
        "user"     : "enter_username",
        "password" : "enter_password"
    },
    "plex": {
        "port"     : 32400
    },
    "scanner": {
        "ext"      : [".mpg", ".avi", ".mkv", ".mp4", ".ts", ".m4v"],
        "log"      : "%LOCALAPPDATA%\\Plex Media Server\\Logs\\sageplex_scanner.log",
        "debug"    : true
    },
    "agent": {
        "locking"  : true
    }
}
You need to change sagex.user and sagex.password. The other fields can probably be left at default.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgoose View Post

The sageplex_cfg.json file should go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server. This is what it looks like:

Code:
{
    },
    },
    },
    }
}
You need to change sagex.user and sagex.password. The other fields can probably be left at default.
ah, ok, so local host isn't the IP address of the Sage server?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-09-2015, 03:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
ah, ok, so local host isn't the IP address of the Sage server?
If your plex server is running on your sage server, localhost would work for both. If not, then yes, you'd need to put in either the name or IP address of the server.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-09-2015, 09:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Code:
{
    },
    },
    },
    }
}
sorry for the questions... I assume the user/password info is for the Plex account?
Old 04-09-2015, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
sorry for the questions... I assume the user/password info is for the Plex account?
The user & password is your Sage user and Password.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
No, it's for Sage. This is the password to access BMT from the web interface.

You should able to find your current setting in your existing Agent/scanner file.

BMTAgentTVShows.bundle/Contents/Code/BMTAgent.properties:
Code:
SAGEX_HOST=http://sage:frey@localhost:8080
PLEX_HOST=http://localhost:32400
SageTV Scanner.py:
Code:
# Enter ip address and port http://x.x.x.x:port
# or if you server requires user/pass enter http://user:pass@x.x.x.x:port
SAGEX_HOST = 'http://192.168.1.110:8080'
The sage and frey should be your username and password for SageTV. Also make sure the port number is the correct one as well.

Note: these settings are removed from the file in the new download. BMTAgent.properties has been removed as well.

PLEX does not require a password, so it's just the hostname (localhost if same machine), and the port which should be the default unless you explicitly changed it on PLEX.

Last edited by wildgoose; 04-09-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No, it's for Sage. This is the password to access BMT from the web interface.

You should able to find your current setting in your existing Agent/scanner file.

BMTAgentTVShows.bundle/Contents/Code/BMTAgent.properties:
Code:
SAGEX_HOST=http://sage:frey@localhost:8080
PLEX_HOST=http://localhost:32400
SageTV Scanner.py:
Code:
# Enter ip address and port http://x.x.x.x:port
# or if you server requires user/pass enter http://user:pass@x.x.x.x:port
SAGEX_HOST = 'http://192.168.1.110:8080'
The sage and frey should be your username and password for SageTV. Also make sure the port number is the correct one as well.

Note: these settings are removed from the file in the new download. BMTAgent.properties has been removed as well.

PLEX does not require a password, so it's just the hostname (localhost if same machine), and the port which should be the default unless you explicitly changed it on PLEX.
thanks...all cleared up
Old 04-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

If you've tried v8, I'd be interested to know how big the library was and roughly how long it took to scan it.

I don't have a large library (~100+ files) as I generally delete recordings after I watch them. I'd be interested to know how it performs on larger libraries.

Also is anyone running PLEX server on Mac/Linux? I haven't got around to test those two systems yet.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

sagetv-for-plexmediacenter v8.1.0 available!

I have a new release available:

https://github.com/ai7/sagetv-for-pl...enter/releases
  1. Set resume position in PLEX video during Agent scan.
  2. Added sageplex_sync tool to sync watch status independently.

If you update and do a scan, it should now grab and set all the resume positions for all the videos it find, in addition to setting the watch/not-watched status.

I also wrote a standalone command line tool to synchronize SageTV/PLEX resume position independently. You can use this to sync libraries that are not scanned/processed by SageTV Scanner or the BMT agent. For example, your movies that are imported independently into SageTV and PLEX.

The tool currently only sync one way (Sage->PLEX), and will only override the PLEX resume position if Sage's resume position is later. I will expand this to do 2 way sync later, after I get some feedback and find more free time.

You can find the tool under plex\synctool\win32\sageplex_sync.exe. There's also the python version if you want to run that instead.

Code:
usage: sageplex_sync.py [options] [id [id ...]]

positional arguments:
  id                   PLEX library ID/name/all (default: None)

optional arguments:
  -h, --help           show this help message and exit
  -l, --list           list PLEX library sections (default: False)
  -s, --sync           sync watch status (default: False)
  -m, --media          ID is media-id, not section-id (default: False)
  --position POSITION  Set explicit resume position (h:m:s) (default: None)
  -x IGNORE            ignore if pos within initial x seconds (default: 60)
  -p                   confirm each update (default: False)
  -n                   do nothing, simulate operation (default: False)

Compare or synchronize watch status and resume position of the specified PLEX
library sections with SageTV. Individual PLEX Media files can be specified
when the -m option is used.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Note: the command line tool is meant for those that are comfortable with the command line and wants to try it and send me some feedback. This will probably turn into a Sage plugin eventually for general use.

Last edited by wildgoose; 04-27-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have a new release available:

https://github.com/ai7/sagetv-for-pl...enter/releases
  1. Set resume position in PLEX video during Agent scan.
  2. Added sageplex_sync tool to sync watch status independently.

If you update and do a scan, it should now grab and set all the resume positions for all the videos it find, in addition to setting the watch/not-watched status.

I also wrote a standalone command line tool to synchronize SageTV/PLEX resume position independently. You can use this to sync libraries that are not scanned/processed by SageTV Scanner or the BMT agent. For example, your movies that are imported independently into SageTV and PLEX.

The tool currently only sync one way (Sage->PLEX), and will only override the PLEX resume position if Sage's resume position is later. I will expand this to do 2 way sync later, after I get some feedback and find more free time.

You can find the tool under plex\synctool\win32\sageplex_sync.exe. There's also the python version if you want to run that instead.

Code:
usage: sageplex_sync.py [options] [id [id ...]]

positional arguments:
  id                   PLEX library ID/name/all (default: None)

optional arguments:
  -h, --help           show this help message and exit
  -l, --list           list PLEX library sections (default: False)
  -s, --sync           sync watch status (default: False)
  -m, --media          ID is media-id, not section-id (default: False)
  --position POSITION  Set explicit resume position (h:m:s) (default: None)
  -x IGNORE            ignore if pos within initial x seconds (default: 60)
  -p                   confirm each update (default: False)
  -n                   do nothing, simulate operation (default: False)

Compare or synchronize watch status and resume position of the specified PLEX
library sections with SageTV. Individual PLEX Media files can be specified
when the -m option is used.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Note: the command line tool is meant for those that are comfortable with the command line and wants to try it and send me some feedback. This will probably turn into a Sage plugin eventually for general use.
Excellent.. hopefully I can give it a shot tomorrow... though my use case is really centered around needing 2-way, wo what I watch at night from work via plex is set as watched in sage, and ultimately allowed to be deleted, this is a great start.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Updated to the latest version this morning. Seems ok overall but I'm getting a bit of weirdness where it's separating out episodes from the same show.

Attached Images
File Type: png Plex.png (539.4 KB, 403 views)
Old 04-28-2015, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Updated to the latest version this morning. Seems ok overall but I'm getting a bit of weirdness where it's separating out episodes from the same show.
Hmmm, looks like some seasons are split when they shouldn't...

I updated the way episode numbers are assigned. Previously, if an episode number is not available, it uses the AiringID, which is internal to Sage and not particularly interesting. I updated the code to use the last 4 digits of the Program-ID (aka ExternalShowID), which based on my research is the episode number for the entire show regardless of season. This 4 digit is also what SageTV shows in certain view listing.

If this turns out to be all 0 (possible), then it'll assign an episode number YYYYMMDD from the airing date (original airing date, recording date, today's date, whichever is available first).

But there's no change in how the season number is assigned so I am a little puzzled why it would split it.

If you go into the separate seasons, what kind of episode number shows under each?

Does it make any difference if you delete the library, do a clean bundle and empty trash, then add it again?

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmmm, looks like some seasons are split when they shouldn't...

I updated the way episode numbers are assigned. Previously, if an episode number is not available, it uses the AiringID, which is internal to Sage and not particularly interesting. I updated the code to use the last 4 digits of the Program-ID (aka ExternalShowID), which based on my research is the episode number for the entire show regardless of season. This 4 digit is also what SageTV shows in certain view listing.

If this turns out to be all 0 (possible), then it'll assign an episode number YYYYMMDD from the airing date (original airing date, recording date, today's date, whichever is available first).

But there's no change in how the season number is assigned so I am a little puzzled why it would split it.

If you go into the separate seasons, what kind of episode number shows under each?

Does it make any difference if you delete the library, do a clean bundle and empty trash, then add it again?

Thanks.
Before I delete the library and such I believe there is a partial explaination for 2 of the Sofia episodes. They don't have season or episode numbers in SageTV. I'm going to correct that. Not sure what's going on with NCIS or Vikings though.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, deleting the library seems to have fixed the irregularities. Now I'll just have to resync the few recordings back to my iPad.

I have notice though that shows that have a last position not at the end but are marked as watched in SageTV are shown as partially watched in Plex. I can guess this happens when comskip has a small section at the end that automatically gets skipped. SageTV marks the show as watched.

Might want to put in a conditional statement to make sure you only set a position if the show isn't marked as watched.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Not a must have but a nice feature to have if possible would be to set the creation date in Plex to the airing date from SageTV. This would have the side benefit of loading the "Recently Added" list when one must delete and and add back the SageTV recordings library.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I have notice though that shows that have a last position not at the end but are marked as watched in SageTV are shown as partially watched in Plex. I can guess this happens when comskip has a small section at the end that automatically gets skipped. SageTV marks the show as watched.

Might want to put in a conditional statement to make sure you only set a position if the show isn't marked as watched.
Let me look into this and experiment a bit more. The watched/unwatched status could be independent of the resume position. Say I have a favorite movie that I've already watched, but wanted to watch it again. The status should remain as watched, but the resume position can be at the beginning/middle, etc. If I skip setting it, then you won't be able to properly resume the show in PLEX if you watch the first half in Sage.

The half watched status is not ideal. Right now I am setting the resume position after I set watch status, perhaps if I flip the order it might work as intended...

Quote:
Not a must have but a nice feature to have if possible would be to set the creation date in Plex to the airing date from SageTV. This would have the side benefit of loading the "Recently Added" list when one must delete and and add back the SageTV recordings library.
I haven't found a way to set this timestamp yet. Let me ask around in the PLEX forum to see if there's a way. It'll be great if this can be set.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The half watched status is not ideal. Right now I am setting the resume position after I set watch status, perhaps if I flip the order it might work as intended...
Actually flipping the order doesn't work. Setting the watched flag will clear the resume position that was previously set. Some of my half watched show end up with no resume position after the change.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Honestly, though, after using this for about a week, this feature won't really matter, as only the most recently recorded stuff will show up in plex's recently added.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Actually flipping the order doesn't work. Setting the watched flag will clear the resume position that was previously set. Some of my half watched show end up with no resume position after the change.
Sage's behavior is that when a watched flag is either set or cleared, it clears the watched position. What this means is that only unwatched shows even have a watched position in practice. I'm not sure how plex handles this, but it appears if you watch a plex show to almost the end (maybe last 10% or so), it will mark the show as watched. This has the benefit of not having to watch or skip past the end credits.