SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

You shouldn't have to extend the api or anything, the funtion you need is already in the API. there are basically 3 api calls you'd need. ClearWatched(sage.Airing Airing), SetWatchedTimes(sage.Airing Airing, long WatchedEndTime, long RealStartTime), and SetWatched(sage.Airing Airing). All in the Airing API.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-19-2015, 10:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
You shouldn't have to extend the api or anything, the funtion you need is already in the API. there are basically 3 api calls you'd need. ClearWatched(sage.Airing Airing), SetWatchedTimes(sage.Airing Airing, long WatchedEndTime, long RealStartTime), and SetWatched(sage.Airing Airing). All in the Airing API.
You mean something like this via sagex http api?

Code:
http://usr:pwd@host:port/sagex/api?c=AiringAPI.GetAiringDuration&1=3507454&encoder=json
The API says the parameter Airing is an object. How do I pass that in? Passing the airingID doesn't seem to work, I get:

Code:
{"Result":0}
Old 10-20-2015, 07:27 AM
Sage Icon

Brian = LehiBri from the forums yes. He has moved on to other things, so not sure if he still monitors the forums.

While what Fuzzy said is tech. correct the issue is in when you would actually send this command to SageTV.

Once library scan is done there is no communication back with the media except for playback.

In order for it to work you would have to set your plex scanner to detect changes in the media folder, and THEN run logic inside the scanner which would check for Watched flags in plex ON EVERY recording. once it found one it woudl then call the api to set it in SageTV.

The issue here though is if there is no change in the recordings directory, you wouldn't have any changes that would trigger the code to execute.The code lives in the scanner/bmt agent which is only run when plex finds a new piece of media and proceeds to call the metadata agent.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgoose View Post
You mean something like this via sagex http api?

Code:
http://usr:pwd@host:port/sagex/api?c=AiringAPI.GetAiringDuration&1=3507454&encoder=json
The API says the parameter Airing is an object. How do I pass that in? Passing the airingID doesn't seem to work, I get:

Code:
You should be able to pass the MediaFileID as the 1st parameter, as a number.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
You should be able to pass the MediaFileID as the 1st parameter, as a number.
Hmm, can't get it to work:

Code:
http://user:pwd@host:8080/sagex/api?c=GetAiringDuration&1=3530652&encoder=json
Code:
The other API call I make works:

Code:
http://user:pwd@host:8080/sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1=PersonofInterest-SearchandDestroy-3507454-0.mpg&encoder=json
Code:
... "MediaFileID":3530652 ...
I tried another file and same result. This is v7 on Windows.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
While what Fuzzy said is tech. correct the issue is in when you would actually send this command to SageTV.

Once library scan is done there is no communication back with the media except for playback.

In order for it to work you would have to set your plex scanner to detect changes in the media folder, and THEN run logic inside the scanner which would check for Watched flags in plex ON EVERY recording. once it found one it woudl then call the api to set it in SageTV.

The issue here though is if there is no change in the recordings directory, you wouldn't have any changes that would trigger the code to execute.The code lives in the scanner/bmt agent which is only run when plex finds a new piece of media and proceeds to call the metadata agent.
You are absolutely right! The plugin is only active when user does a scan, and the hooks only gets called on changed/new files. So we can't update the plugin to actively push changes to SageTV.

It'll have to be something separate such as the standalone sageplex_sync tool that the user runs manually every now and then (or set it up to run periodically like a cron job), or perhaps even a SageTV plugin that can periodically perform the sync either using the sageplex_sync tool or entirely within Java code.

So, phase1, get the sync tool working. phase2, perhaps a native sagetv plugin that performs the sync.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Since you cannot pass objects through the http request, you'll likely have to use EvaluateExpression to pass in a more advanced (compound) function. Something like:
Code:
/sagex/api?c=EvaluateExpression&1=GetAiringDuration(GetAiringForID(25885579))

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:21 PM
Sage Icon

It may help to take a look at what already in the .js file that sits on the sage server. It may already have what you need in there, I can't quite remember.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmm, can't get it to work:

Code:
http://user:pwd@host:8080/sagex/api?c=GetAiringDuration&1=3530652&encoder=json
Code:
The other API call I make works:

Code:
http://user:pwd@host:8080/sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1=PersonofInterest-SearchandDestroy-3507454-0.mpg&encoder=json
Code:
... "MediaFileID":3530652 ...
I tried another file and same result. This is v7 on Windows.
Quote:
Since you cannot pass objects through the http request, you'll likely have to use EvaluateExpression to pass in a more advanced (compound) function. Something like:
Code:
/sagex/api?c=EvaluateExpression&1=GetAiringDuration(GetAiringForID(25885579))
Very first line of http://server:8080/sagex/api

Quote:
NOTE: If the command arg expects a sage object, such mediafile, ariing, playlist, channel, show, plugin, favorite, series, etc, then you can still pass a reference to sage object, using mediafile:MEDIAFILE_ID, airing:AIRING_ID, playlist:PLAYLIST_NAME, channel:CHANNEL_NUMBER, show:EXTERNAL_ID, series:SERIES_INFO_ID, favorite:FAVORITE_ID, plugin:PLUGIN_ID, playlist:PLAYLIST_NAME, widget:SYMBOL, etc.

Example: /sages/api?c=IsMediaFileObject&1=mediafile:3231112
So, if you need to pass an object, you use "mediafile:#" or "airing:#" ,etc.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Very first line of http://server:8080/sagex/api
Somehow forgot about this. Self documenting API, nice!

Quote:
So, if you need to pass an object, you use "mediafile:#" or "airing:#" ,etc.
oh boy, so trivial. I was wondering how you would tell them apart, now it makes sense!

This worked beautifully:

Code:
http://user:pwd@host:8080/sagex/api?c=GetAiringDuration&1=airing:3507454&encoder=json
Code:
{"Result":3540000}
Old 10-20-2015, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Bah.. EvaluateExpresison is still cleaner... :-)

Old 10-20-2015, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Bah.. EvaluateExpresison is still cleaner... :-)
I use the EvaluateExpression, a lot, but I was thinking that I could have sworn that I had support for native object types (And I did)
Old 10-29-2015, 02:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Testing my two way sync tool. When exactly does Sage consider the show watched? I assume this is X away from ending, where X can be a time or percentage?

I need to know this as the 2 system treats watched shows differently. Sage position will stay at the end, while PLEX position will reset back to beginning. If you re-watch a show, Sage clears the watched status while PLEX don't (they keep a watch count). Want to avoid unnecessary syncs.

I am currently using 5% from ending as a guess. Using the same rule that Sage does would be better.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:30 PM
SageTVaholic

if you get this working lmk the quickest way to make it automatic it a hook in the stv everytime playback is stopped your tool resynchs the watch status for the file. so leave a way for me to pass the file and I'll add the hook.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
if you get this working lmk the quickest way to make it automatic it a hook in the stv everytime playback is stopped your tool resynchs the watch status for the file. so leave a way for me to pass the file and I'll add the hook.
Very good point. Need to think about this a bit because right now the tool craws the PLEX library first, and for each media, find the Sage media file and does a check/sync.

Need to see if there's a quick way to locate a PLEX media from the Sage media, as otherwise may need to do some caching. Also not sure if it can be made automatic the other way (when you stop watch a PLEX show). That would be ideal.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Very good point. Need to think about this a bit because right now the tool craws the PLEX library first, and for each media, find the Sage media file and does a check/sync.

Need to see if there's a quick way to locate a PLEX media from the Sage media, as otherwise may need to do some caching. Also not sure if it can be made automatic the other way (when you stop watch a PLEX show). That would be ideal.
TBH I started something a while back and got so frustrated with how limiting plex's api is for developers I pushed it to the side pretty quickly. For such on "open" platform their developer support and api is terrible.

That being said glad to see you attempt it. It is something that would be nice to see in sage.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Totally agree with PLUCKY about how horrible it is to work with plex (and their apis). That's pretty much why I abandoned any plex/sage integration, myself.

That being said, maybe you can figure something out by looking through the Trakt plugin for plex. (I have to admit there was way more code here than I ever expected to see)

https://github.com/trakt/Plex-Trakt-Scrobbler

Another option might be to simply write a Trakt plugin for sagetv and then use the trakt plugins on plex and sagetv to keep the watched statuses in sync on each platform.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Totally agree with PLUCKY about how horrible it is to work with plex (and their apis). That's pretty much why I abandoned any plex/sage integration, myself.

That being said, maybe you can figure something out by looking through the Trakt plugin for plex. (I have to admit there was way more code here than I ever expected to see)

https://github.com/trakt/Plex-Trakt-Scrobbler

Another option might be to simply write a Trakt plugin for sagetv and then use the trakt plugins on plex and sagetv to keep the watched statuses in sync on each platform.
Great Idea Sean - Thats prolly the cleanest solution, cause Plex is def. terrible to work with from a coding/scripting standpoint.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:05 AM
Sage Expert

With the sageplex_sync.exe tool, is it possible to pass it a SageTV MediaFileID? Right now, it seems to only except the Plex media ID.

I'm trying to setup a SJQ task that can update the Plex watched position, and I would like to be able to do it on a per recording basis (instead of having to go through all of my SageTV recordings).
Old 11-05-2015, 11:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
With the sageplex_sync.exe tool, is it possible to pass it a SageTV MediaFileID? Right now, it seems to only except the Plex media ID.

I'm trying to setup a SJQ task that can update the Plex watched position, and I would like to be able to do it on a per recording basis (instead of having to go through all of my SageTV recordings).
Not currently. The API info I have about PLEX allowed me to craw the PLEX library tree, so that's how the sync tool works. There is already a way to find a Sage MFID based on a filename, so that's what I use to lookup the Sage recording (and it's fast). But unfortunately not the other way around.

PLEX web client does have a search function, and I can probably look at the HTTP request sent and see if I can use it. If not, then another option is to build a cache index on demand....

But, I've been busy testing my new implementation of the two way sync in sageplex_sync. It's coming along nicely. Lots of corner cases to handle due to the way the two system differs in how they treat watched shows, etc... Should be out soon, stay tuned...