SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

SAGE DCT x64 2.2.0 is not working

I am having issues getting this working without problems. I am getting many halt detected errors in recordings. When I see these errors Sage will not record anything off of the ceton card.

When I run SageDCT configuration it see's the tuners and I can query version number in the test menu. But every single time I try a test stream from there it crashes the service. I can restart the service but it will crash again.

The only way I have found to clear the problem and get the recording capability back is to reboot the system. It will work for a bit then start this same cycle again.

The Server is running W7 Ultimate x64 and Sage is lastest version. Sage DCT is the x64 version 2.2.0

I have collected logs and I don't see anything obvious to me anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageDCT_4140.zip (55.0 KB, 137 views)
File Type: zip SageDCT_7756.zip (4.5 KB, 138 views)

Last edited by mguebert; 03-29-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Title was wrong
Old 03-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

I worked with this some more trying some network tweaks others have had success with. It still is flaky. The strange thing is, once I reboot the pc I can use the SageDCT control app to test any of the ceton tuners and it works fine. I can repeat over and over, different tuners, and different channels and different recording directorys, including the one I use to write all of my sage recordings too.

It's not until Sage itself tries to make a recording using the ceton tuners, the initial recordings (meaning the 1st ones) even if it is multiple channels will work fine with no errors.

From then on, the only way to get it back is to reboot the PC. Restarting the SageDCT service does not help. If I monitor the Ceton Web status page, it appears as though the channel is being requested and played properly, but it is crashing the service. The file grows to 16kb initially and then goes to 0kb.

The other strange thing is I can boot into MCE and it can watch channels from the Ceton even after Sage DCT is locked up.

I collected another set of logs. Anybody that can help I would appreciate it. I am going to have to give up on Sage and try something else if I cannot get reliable recording from the Ceton.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageDCT_7348.zip (4.3 KB, 125 views)
Old 03-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

A little more information. I was wrong about MCE. Once this problem occurs I cannot get any recording to work in MCE either. It gives an error saying it has no tv signal. But I can watch the recordings start in the Ceton Web interface.

Again the only way to clear it is to reboot.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:30 AM
SageTVaholic

One thing at a time. MCE doesn't require SageDCT so you need to get it functioning in MCE alone to make sure everything works from the card perspective. (You don't need to but it makes troubleshooting easier.) Once that is done and the card is confirmed working confiure SageDCT. Make sure your server can see all the paths over UNC and it has permissions. Even though I run SageDCT and Sage server on the same box I use the IP address of the box in the SageDCT configuration (not 127.0.0.0). Make sure all the ports are open and firewall exceptions are in for SageDCT. Make sure you copied the config from SageDCT into the .properties file with the SageDCT service shutdown and any opther SageTV processes stopped.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
One thing at a time. MCE doesn't require SageDCT so you need to get it functioning in MCE alone to make sure everything works from the card perspective. (You don't need to but it makes troubleshooting easier.) Once that is done and the card is confirmed working confiure SageDCT. Make sure your server can see all the paths over UNC and it has permissions. Even though I run SageDCT and Sage server on the same box I use the IP address of the box in the SageDCT configuration (not 127.0.0.0). Make sure all the ports are open and firewall exceptions are in for SageDCT. Make sure you copied the config from SageDCT into the .properties file with the SageDCT service shutdown and any opther SageTV processes stopped.

Gerry

I have had it functioning in MCE, and configured SageDCT. It does work for a little bit. The initial recordings in Sage will capture fine, then when the next set of recordings come in I start seeing recorded failed due to capture device failure errors.

At that point if I try to test the card in SageDCT it freezes and I have to restart the service. Meanwhile watching the Ceton Web status page I can see SageDCT starting the recording and it says playing, but the file does not grow and the service is frozen.

If I try and run WinMCE at this point and trigger a recording I get no file generated and after about 30 sec an error saying there is no tv signal the recording failed. Also I see the same thing in the Ceton Web Page, the recording says it starts, but no file is generated in the MCE recording directory.

The only way, and I mean the only way to get it back after this occurs is to reboot the PC. Everything will work again until Sage attempts a recording. I tried to collect diagnostics from the Ceton page after the problem occurs but it freezes that also. I collected the info after a reboot and sent it to Ceton and they say nothing is wrong with the data.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Try turning off the Windows firewall for a short time and see if the problem clears up. If so, you may have missed something in the firewall config. I can confirm that SageDCT works correctly (after dozens of recordings) in Windows 8 without the Windows firewall running.

john
Old 03-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmdxtv View Post
Try turning off the Windows firewall for a short time and see if the problem clears up. If so, you may have missed something in the firewall config. I can confirm that SageDCT works correctly (after dozens of recordings) in Windows 8 without the Windows firewall running.

john
I do think it is IP related somehow. Going to try some more troubleshooting tomorrow.