SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Sage Expert

Sleep button in exit menu

I am trying to get sage 7 to sleep when I press the sleep button. I have changed the screen saver time to 0 and it still won't go into sleep mode. How can I get sage to sleep when I press the sleep button on the menu? Is there a way to attach a batch file to a particular usbuirt remote command that would execute the batch file that would make the system sleep?
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Are you trying to put the PC to sleep or just SageTV... the sleep button in Sage will either start the screensaver or if you have it set minimize to tray. It will not put the PC to sleep.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Sage Expert

I was hoping there was a way to make changes to allow the system to enter S3 sleep mode because I installed an audio enhancer and if that program is running the system won't enter sleep mode. As soon as I shut down the sound enhancer the system will sleep. I know you will probably say to get rid of the sound enhancer, but this program enhances the sound so greatly that I can hear sounds I couldn't before and it also clarifies the sound and controls the high volume spikes when a bomb is going off for instance. I use the usbuirt and want to know if there is a way to hit a button on my remote that will put the system in S3 sleep mode. If it can't be done than I will live with it because this sound enhancer makes that much difference.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

You can do it with eventghost if it supports your remote. You can just setup 1 button in eventghost to sleep the PC.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for coming through for me again NYPLAYER. I setup eventghost to put the system in sleep state when pressing a key on the remote and and works great. I also found I could reprogram the power button to sleep instead of shutting down. Now if my Motherboard wasn't so much of a dinosaur I might be able to get it to wake with the remote.