SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-30-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I think that Skybolt does have a point. The EPG is the only core online service that's still working. IMO, Youtube being broken seems to be a much more significant loss than seeing the temperature outside. In fact, my baby had just started to learn how to search and playback youtube videos. Hopefully, there will be an updated STV soon.
Youtube has always been broken rigth along with Google Video
Old 09-30-2012, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Maybe you forgot to apply the STV updates? It's always worked for me and my family when watching movie trailers or cartoon clips. There were a few STV updates we had to do in the last couple of years. But, that's not much different than the updates needed for Youtube video downloader plugins for web browsers; which I also keep updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Youtube has always been broken rigth along with Google Video

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-30-2012, 04:42 PM

Come on mkanet do you really think I forget something like that after being with them for 9 year
Go To Google Video click on Top 100 or New 100 take your pick RIP
With Youtube it is "The media download failed"
Old 09-30-2012, 05:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, there's no question its broken now. I was just trying to say is it wasn't "always broken"; at least not for me.

Quote:
Come on mkanet do you really think I forget something like that after being with them for 9 year
Go To Google Video click on Top 100 or New 100 take your pick RIP
With Youtube it is "The media download failed"

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Administrator

I'm curious whether anyone cares about the age of the moon (in days) in its current cycle or the % illuminated the moon is.

Or, whether an icon showing the current moon phase is good enough.

Beyond that curiosity, I like having up to 4 weather locations, weather alerts, and animated radar maps...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

Andy,
How will I know when to howl at the moon, if I don't know what phase it is???

(just kidding about needing to know, I howl at it all the time)

Not a feature I need

Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 10-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I'm curious whether anyone cares about the age of the moon (in days) in its current cycle or the % illuminated the moon is.

Beyond that curiosity, I like having up to 4 weather locations, weather alerts, and animated radar maps...

- Andy
Andy -

1. age of the moon - not something I would rank high on a requirements list but something I would find interesting if it were present, especially in discussion with my kids.

2. multiple weather locations - absolutely. I like this in iOS...how you can configure and easily see weather in multiple locations.
Extenders: Nvidia Shield x2 / 3 placeshifters
Server Software: Win 10 64, SageTV 9.1.5.683, Java 8_241, Real VNC
Other: MiniClient, Commercial Detector UI, Sage Recording Extender
Old 10-01-2012, 03:36 PM

I don't care just long is it work I hate look at same 72 Temp ever day
Old 10-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

- Andy
The moon phase is not really important to me either. Animated radar maps would be really great, though.

Thomas
Old 10-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Sage Icon

The more info the better, so moon phase would be nice, but it ranks pretty low on the priority scale compared to getting basic functionality back.
Animated weather maps as a core function would be awesome.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 10-01-2012, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't care just long is it work I hate look at same 72 Temp ever day
I agree I hate seeing "null" degrees on the main menu.
Attached Images
File Type: png TempOnMainMenu.png (14.0 KB, 527 views)

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 10-01-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the comments, but I wasn't really looking into whether to work more on moon phase vs some other info such as radar maps & so on. I'm now in the end phase of testing what I've got & cleaning things up. All the old standard info is there for current conditions & an extended forecast. The new stuff is multiple locations and multiple zoom levels of (optionally) animated radar maps.

I have a moon phase icon displayed for the current day, but then there was also extra info about the age of the moon in its current cycle & its illumination percent. It looked a little weird to me to see the number of days into the current moon cycle & thought I would see if anyone really cared about it. I just have a problem where I see there is more info available, so I try to include it whether it really ought to be there or not.

Anyway, I'm hoping to be able to put out a weather update somewhat soon.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks for the comments, but I wasn't really looking into whether to work more on moon phase vs some other info such as radar maps & so on. I'm now in the end phase of testing what I've got & cleaning things up. All the old standard info is there for current conditions & an extended forecast. The new stuff is multiple locations and multiple zoom levels of (optionally) animated radar maps.

I have a moon phase icon displayed for the current day, but then there was also extra info about the age of the moon in its current cycle & its illumination percent. It looked a little weird to me to see the number of days into the current moon cycle & thought I would see if anyone really cared about it. I just have a problem where I see there is more info available, so I try to include it whether it really ought to be there or not.

- Andy
Fantastic

I suspect you're doing this on your own time and I know I speak for many here when I say Thanks for the effort. Updating a weather feed may not seem like a big deal to the un-Saged but for those of us who love SageTV and all it has to offer, this is a big deal and a sentiment not taken lightly.
Extenders: Nvidia Shield x2 / 3 placeshifters
Server Software: Win 10 64, SageTV 9.1.5.683, Java 8_241, Real VNC
Other: MiniClient, Commercial Detector UI, Sage Recording Extender
Old 10-02-2012, 05:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Animated weather maps sounds great, thanks!

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

- Andy
You should have the "buy me a beer" link in your signature like Fuzzy, as I'm sure we can get you drunk pretty quickly (assuming you like beer)

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 10-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Sage User

I would also love to have animated weather maps.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
You should have the "buy me a beer" link in your signature like Fuzzy, as I'm sure we can get you drunk pretty quickly (assuming you like beer)
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...9&postcount=32
Old 10-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Oh my...German wine? Please let the germans do what they do best, cars, beer, wurstel, but leave the wine to someone else...

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
Oh my...German wine? Please let the germans do what they do best, cars, beer, wurstel, but leave the wine to someone else...
Hmmm. I don't remember many people knocking what others found to their liking in that topic... I thought it was just: "what do you like?"

- Andy
Old 10-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hmmm. I don't remember many people knocking what others found to their liking in that topic... I thought it was just: "what do you like?"

- Andy
I do apologize, but in my mind sounded different that on words, nothing personal..., but this is a dear argument to my wife's parents as they are proper wine makers since the 18th century from Andezeno (chartered 992 AC) a little town in the North West of Italy...