SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:28 AM
Sage User

All Extenders booting to Black Screen, Clients fine

So the SageTV Service crapped out on me last night as it frequently does when my wife is using the HD300 and I am using the MVP (yes, i have 2 still) in the kitchen. Restarted the service as I normally do on my Windows Home Server and bam! Both extenders are having trouble connecting to the server. I reset my router and switches, verify connectivity on my WHS and basement client and go hard reset both extenders. They look like they are working fine but both are booting to a black screen.

On the HD300, HDMI works and I get the boot splash and I see that it is automatically connecting to the server and then black screen. The MVPs are similar. The look like they are loading the application fine and then a black screen. I have not reloaded Sage on the server and I read in another thread to check the firewall but this is very weird and the normal solutions are not working (unplugging overnight and retrying). I would hate to have go back to clients all over the house.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Sage User

A full reinstall of sage solved the problem. My hd300 is working again. I will test the mvp's tomorrow but i am hopeful. Unfortunately in my haste I deleted my wiz.bin. I will need to dig up an undelete program tomorrow. Does anyone have any recommendations?