SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I don't have any premium channels, never have. It was my understanding that the Tuning Adapter is a result of bandwidth limitations and implementation of switched digital video to accomodate.

Are you saying that if I remove my Time Warner tuning adapter that my Cablecard tuner will continue to function without issue?
Not sure, that could be part of it. But I was told it also validated what you were able to watch as well. I never looked into it and just accepted it. I didn't need my tunning adapter until I got my premiums. I still had HD locals and a few others, but when I added HBO ETC. I needed the TA.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

I am in Miami Fl. just got Comcast and I'm able to get the premiums in WMC just fine without a Tuning Adapter. (Copy freely also work in Sage with SageDCT, but copy protected came over as a line of pixels at the top of the screen)

Playready was required ... One of my systems took major action to get the DRM settings reverted for playready to properly upgrade for digital cable.

Closed captioning working again
SERVER: Win 7 x64/i7-860/Zotac H55ITX-C-E/Corsair H70/CFI a7879 case/12 TB Pooled with Drive Bender. DVBLogic: streaming HDPVR content to SageTV, WMC Clients, NPVR Clients, Remote Computers & iphone. 2ea HDPVR, 3ea HDHomeRun, 2ea VIP211
Old 02-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
I am in Miami Fl. just got Comcast and I'm able to get the premiums in WMC just fine without a Tuning Adapter. (Copy freely also work in Sage with SageDCT, but copy protected came over as a line of pixels at the top of the screen)

Playready was required ... One of my systems took major action to get the DRM settings reverted for playready to properly upgrade for digital cable.

Closed captioning working again
Your one of the lucky ones not needing the TA, they get real hot and need rebooting often.

Playready is always required for cable card, that is how they implement DRM.