SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Hi. Can this be used for remote access testing purposes, for example from a dns server

PS admin please delete double entry sorry
I have not been able to connect remotely yet. Guessing there is something the server is sending differently for a remote connection as opposed to a local IP, and it crashes out immediately on connection. Haven't looked any further into it yet, as he's busy working on the rendering aspects of it.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-28-2015, 06:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, good to know. Thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 09-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nvidia Shield 2.0 OTA

For those of you considering which Android TV device to pickup, the details of the promised Shield update have been revealed. Coming tomorrow, it's a big one.

Do note that the table will be incorrect after the Nexus Player receives the Marshmallow update which enables MPEG2.

Shield Android TV OTA 2.0

Old 09-30-2015, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Dang those are nice specs especially the audio passthrough...
Old 09-30-2015, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

That is pretty impressive... but in Canada, by the time I add in Shipping (and possibly taxes)... that's a $300 extender... that's a little rich for my blood
Old 09-30-2015, 10:27 AM

The table above lists that the Nexus Player does not support MPEG2. I know that it does in Android M Preview 3. I've been using one for several months with a HDHomerun, and as a frontend for MythTV. The HDHomerun View app / Live Channels app doesn't do the best job at deinterlacing though. However, Kodi with the MythPVR addon has been working great.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
That is pretty impressive... but in Canada, by the time I add in Shipping (and possibly taxes)... that's a $300 extender... that's a little rich for my blood
you need richer blood lol jk totally understand.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm happy with the $49 Nexus

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm9843;577949[URL="http://nvidiashieldzone.com/index.php/shield-android-tv-ota-2-0/"
Shield Android TV OTA 2.0[/URL]

And they also added:
  • MPEG2, VC-1, and WMV9 hardware-acceleration
  • M2TS, ASF, and WMV container support for VC-1
  • WMA audio support (including WMA Pro, and WMA Lossless)

I am seriously thinking of getting one, seeing how they came through on the promised upgrades.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshOne View Post
And they also added:
Just for clarity does "they" refer to nVidia?
Old 09-30-2015, 05:07 PM

Guest what Google Pixel C is packing a Nvidia's Tegra X1

Last edited by SHS; 10-01-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:45 AM
Sage Expert

Just an update, v0.3 works great on my FireTV Stick. I only have an HD200 to compare it to but aside from minor differences in fonts and some color/shading differences in the program guide, it is definitely on par performance wise as the HD200. Incredible!

The lack of buttons on the FTV remote does make things a bit more challenging.
Sage Mini Client on Amazon Fire Sticks and Android TVs
Old 10-01-2015, 08:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Just for clarity does "they" refer to nVidia?
Yes
Old 10-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

On a side note this is what is coming to next roku not sure if and/or how this fits into the sagetv world

http://cordcutting.com/roku-4-specs-leaked/
Old 10-02-2015, 10:41 PM
SageTVaholic

getting a lot of "unfortunately SageTV mini client has stopped".
when I can get the app to open, I don't remember if I ever got a video to play.
anyone else?
Galaxy S5, Lollipop...
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-02-2015, 10:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
anyone else?
Galaxy S5, Lollipop...
Playback is not implemented. So far he's just got the UI rendering, and some rudimentary control inputs.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-03-2015, 04:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
anyone else?
Galaxy S5, Lollipop...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Playback is not implemented. So far he's just got the UI rendering, and some rudimentary control inputs.
I've updated the first POST to make it clearer as to what is working and not working. This is a long haul project, it will be months before it is completed. Video playback is especially challenging, but it is being worked on. To date, I have yet to get a video to play, but the infrastructure parts are coming together. This morning, and tomorrow morning is my window to work on this, so hopefully I make some good progress.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've updated the first POST to make it clearer as to what is working and not working. This is a long haul project, it will be months before it is completed. Video playback is especially challenging, but it is being worked on. To date, I have yet to get a video to play, but the infrastructure parts are coming together. This morning, and tomorrow morning is my window to work on this, so hopefully I make some good progress.
ok, thanks for clarifying...sorry I missed that. It looks fantastic, just the sight of our extenders on a portable, remote device
Old 10-05-2015, 05:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Video playback update

Just wanted to give an update on the state of video playback. To date, I have not been able to get a video a to play, but I do have much of the communication code written that is responsible for initiating the playback and reading video chunks.

I discovered to my surprise that the HDPVR .ts files that are produced for my recordings do not play, as is, on my device. This is odd, since they are h264 encoded files, but the player doesn't like the ts stream. Also when I have sagetv transcode to mp4, on the fly, the format that it produces, results in a player error on the android device, with a cryptic message like "profile 4 not supported".

Despite this, I think there is still some good progress happening... It's just taking time
Old 10-05-2015, 06:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just wanted to give an update on the state of video playback. To date, I have not been able to get a video a to play, but I do have much of the communication code written that is responsible for initiating the playback and reading video chunks.

I discovered to my surprise that the HDPVR .ts files that are produced for my recordings do not play, as is, on my device. This is odd, since they are h264 encoded files, but the player doesn't like the ts stream. Also when I have sagetv transcode to mp4, on the fly, the format that it produces, results in a player error on the android device, with a cryptic message like "profile 4 not supported".

Despite this, I think there is still some good progress happening... It's just taking time
Thanks again for taking this on Sean.

h264 compression is a generic term. There are many h264 "profiles" that specify the specifics of how the video is compressed.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.