SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I have not reviewed the servicecontrol code, but its the installer that creates the service set as manual, and the servicecontrol app modifies the settings of the service. Not certain if it would create the service if it did not exist.

Either way, it could be modified to likely adjust the calling commandline.
Yeah, the code to change the commandline should be almost identical to the code that's already in there to change the user.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-27-2016, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I will give the manifest solution a shot tomorrow and report back. It mimics what works in v7 so it may be the best short term solution.
I updated the manifest appropriately and this resolved the issue. Sage immediately on next run created the default entry in the right place in the registry under v9.

I did this for the client and server.....question is do I need to do it for the Placeshifter launcher as well... I assume yes as it needs java so likely reads the registry as well.

k
Old 01-28-2016, 02:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I updated the manifest appropriately and this resolved the issue. Sage immediately on next run created the default entry in the right place in the registry under v9.

I did this for the client and server.....question is do I need to do it for the Placeshifter launcher as well... I assume yes as it needs java so likely reads the registry as well.

k
I have copied a placeshifter install to a very locked down system at work and it 'just works', so I doubt it 'needs' the registry for anything.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-28-2016, 05:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I have copied a placeshifter install to a very locked down system at work and it 'just works', so I doubt it 'needs' the registry for anything.
Thanks.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quick question. Does the version on the server need to match the version on the client? I know they both need to be version 9, I mean the 9.0.3.194 or 9.0.3.220 etc...
Old 01-31-2016, 03:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrent View Post
Quick question. Does the version on the server need to match the version on the client? I know they both need to be version 9, I mean the 9.0.3.194 or 9.0.3.220 etc...
Both need to be any version of 9.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:12 PM
SageTVaholic

One key point though....only the latest 9.0.4.224 exe's will force to run as admin and therefore have needed access to the registry. Older versions you should run as administrator.

k
Old 02-01-2016, 04:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

One thing that I noticed about the running as administrator in the latest installer is that when restarting the computer (client), even though in the settings it is set to start up in full screen mode it does not start. Even when put in the startup folder it does not start. So I guess its a run as administrator thing in general and not SageTV specific.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Anything that needs to run with elevated permissions will not run if it is placed in Startup or even if you place it in a similar purposed registry key (Ex. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run).
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 02-01-2016, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrent View Post
One thing that I noticed about the running as administrator in the latest installer is that when restarting the computer (client), even though in the settings it is set to start up in full screen mode it does not start. Even when put in the startup folder it does not start. So I guess its a run as administrator thing in general and not SageTV specific.
I found and tested a solution. Use Task Scheduler. Create a simple task to run the Client on Logon. At the end of creating the task go into the properties and check the box Run with highest privileges.

So after that, as long as the user that is logging on is an Admin then the client will launch properly.... it did in my test at least.

k
Old 02-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. I will give that a try.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I found and tested a solution. Use Task Scheduler. Create a simple task to run the Client on Logon. At the end of creating the task go into the properties and check the box Run with highest privileges.

So after that, as long as the user that is logging on is an Admin then the client will launch properly.... it did in my test at least.

k
One thing to remember is that windows scheduler defaults to “below normal”, when running tasks which is a priority of 7... you have to export the task change the priority and re-import.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

If I reinstall over an existing V9 system will it update the permissions properly?
Old 02-01-2016, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
If I reinstall over an existing V9 system will it update the permissions properly?
Yes it should.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes it should.
Great. The good thing is that I have been using my new V9 server for some of my extenders and everyone seems happy with it. The bad thing is that means that I can't play around with the server and do something like a reinstall during normal hours.