SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Sage User

Windows Executable

I have a windows license and its running v7, but I'm looking to install on my Dad's computer.

My understanding is I install, then update the two files in the YouTube plugin thread, then I effectively have a v9, but with an old .exe file. This still limits me to the 3 week trial, is that right?

And I cannot use my license to license that version to remove the three week limitation, right? I just have to wait for the .exe that doesn't have the license check?

Are we within 3 weeks? I just installed today.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Sage Expert

Things are getting closer but it doesn't seem to be totally fixed yet. Might want to follow this thread:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62350
Sage Mini Client on Amazon Fire Sticks and Android TVs
Old 09-11-2015, 02:11 PM
Sage Icon

Check the bottom of page 2 of the VS2005 thread. I've attached a zip file there. Limited testing but server and client exe's seem to work. No luck with service mode yet.

EDIT: Service mode seems to be fixed now.

Last edited by wnjj; 09-12-2015 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Error after upgrading to 9.0.0.4

I have downloaded the Sage.jar 9.0.0.4 file as well as the Lucene jar and installed these as described. I have also installed the newest SageTV executables ( 9.0.0.4 ? ) and copied the SageTV and the SageTVService exe files to the sage directory as described. Lastly I created the Global Variable as described for my Key. After restarting all seems to work well except that I get the following error trying to watch live tv or record using my colossus card which worked fine before I did this upgrade:

There was a Capture Error in playback. Details: ERROR (-5,0x80040207): There was a problem setting up video compression.

Any thoughts? I have upgraded to the latest Colosus drivers and that did not seem to matter. Any help would be appreciated......
Old 09-23-2015, 11:51 AM
Sage

@phantomii - Can you post the sagetv logs for when this problem occurs?
Old 09-23-2015, 12:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would be glad to do so. Where do I find the logs or is there something special I need to do to create them? Let me know and thanks for the response.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:55 PM
Sage Icon

Logs are sagetv_x.txt files in your sagetv\sagetv folder.

If you don't see sagetv_0.txt, go to detailed settings - advanced and set debug logging to on.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 09-23-2015, 08:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the perfect instructions. I enabled logging, restarted SageTV, attempted to watch Live TV, and efter receiving the error message I exited SageTV to ensure the text file was closed. It is attached to this message! Thanks for any insight/help you can offer ahead of time!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (381.4 KB, 186 views)
Old 09-24-2015, 12:46 PM
Sage

The problem is that it thinks your Colossus card does software encoding...and it's trying to instantiate the software encoding filters (which aren't part of the open source software). It also shouldn't be using them anyways. This implies that the 'capture_config' property setting for that device is wrong in the Sage.properties file.

You should also be able to look at the backup of the Sage.properties file SageTV would have made automatically when you did the upgrade and compare it to that one (since it worked before...and I have no idea why it would have gotten changed).
Old 09-25-2015, 07:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks so much for the response and assistance. Looked at the files and did not find anything specific so I will probably just go ahead and do a fresh install next week. Probably something I screwed up anyway! I assume this will clear my issue as well.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

So I realize this is months later, but I went ahead and performed a reinstall last night on this machine and I am still experiencing this issue. what I did was:

1. Uninstall SageTV
2. Delete the SageTV Directory to ensure nothing was left behind
3. Reinstalled 7.19
4. Configured SageTV and confirmed that my Colosus card was working properly and it was.
5. Upgraded following the instructions in the FAQ to Version 9.0.3.214
6. Installed a few Plugins (CMT, Java Heap Mon. )

Then when I went to view live TV I got the error again. Any thoughts? A plugin issue maybe?
Old 01-21-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomii View Post
So I realize this is months later, but I went ahead and performed a reinstall last night on this machine and I am still experiencing this issue. what I did was:

1. Uninstall SageTV
2. Delete the SageTV Directory to ensure nothing was left behind
3. Reinstalled 7.19
4. Configured SageTV and confirmed that my Colosus card was working properly and it was.
5. Upgraded following the instructions in the FAQ to Version 9.0.3.214
6. Installed a few Plugins (CMT, Java Heap Mon. )

Then when I went to view live TV I got the error again. Any thoughts? A plugin issue maybe?
dran it wrong post

Last edited by SHS; 01-21-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:06 PM
Sage

Can you post your current Sage.properties file and then also one that's likely called Sage.properties.SageTV 7.1.9? Then I can see what's different about them...maybe something got changed in some of the capture config constants in the code.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

So I again went through the process of a clean install and captured the log file sagetv_0.txt with version 7.19. With this the Colosus works fine and I can watch Live TV. I then upgraded to version 9 exe files with the Jar 9.0.3.178 following the FAQ. I did not install any plugins other than the weather one requested when I started sage after the upgrade. Live TV does not work now and I am receiving the same error. Log file sagetv_1.txt was copied after the upgrade when Live TV no longer worked. Thanks for your help in advance......
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (281.6 KB, 141 views)
File Type: txt sagetv_1.txt (281.6 KB, 143 views)
Old 01-22-2016, 01:18 PM
Sage

Can you please post the files I asked for? And those 2 log files you posted are identical to each other.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

So sorry. Having re-read the entire thread I grabbed the files asked for in the past. I will try to get these to you today. Please accept my apologies.....
Old 01-22-2016, 03:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Attached is a 7Zip file with the two property files you requested whose extension I have changed from 7z to zip in order to get it to upload. You will need to change the extension to open it. If this does not work for you let me know and I will try to get a different zip program.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV.zip (15.0 KB, 144 views)
Old 01-25-2016, 03:25 PM
Sage

I figured out what's wrong...but I have no idea why it's happening. The configuration for the Colossus card comes from a registry setting created by the SageTV installer.

For V7, you can see this 2 log lines which show the resulting capture device capabilities:

Fri 1/22 9:59:40.685 [main@16f4d33] Get CaptureMask from registry SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\AdditionalCaptureSetups\Hauppauge Colossus Capture 0, 0x800 (hybrid:'')
Fri 1/22 9:59:40.700 [main@16f4d33] DeviceCap: 0x100800

For V9, though, it cannot find that registry setting and so it ends up using these:

Wed 9/23 22:37:52.167 [main@18bf509] DeviceCap: 0x15010

I don't know what you're doing that's preventing it from reading the registry settings or if you're doing something to modify them...but that's what the problem is.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks so much for looking into this. I have however done essentially nothing other than copy the new Exe files and Jar files over to the SageTV directory. Interestingly enough, if I copy the original files back over to the folder without making any additional changes I can again watch live TV with the restored version 7.

I also noted on a separate thread some references to Java Heap Settings implying that information is not read from the registry properly so I am curious if the new Exe is having issues reading some things? Maybe I will try to post a link to this in another area to see if someone can look at that.

Thanks again......

Last edited by phantomii; 01-25-2016 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomii View Post
Thanks so much for looking into this. I have however done essentially nothing other than copy the new Exe files and Jar files over to the SageTV directory. Interestingly enough, if I copy the original files back over to the folder without making any additional changes I can again watch live TV with the restored version 7.

I also noted on a separate thread some references to Java Heap Settings implying that information is not read from the registry properly so I am curious if the new Exe is having issues reading some things? Maybe I will try to post a link to this in another area to see if someone can look at that.

Thanks again......
As the one who first compiled the open source exe's, I think you are on to something and I mentioned at the time that I was concerned about access priveledges. I suspect the exe needs some kind of elevated permissions to read the registry settings created by the v7 installer.

edit:

This link looks a lot like what may be going on (virtualization):
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...ldnt-windows-7

It seems like a manifest may be needed for the exe's.

Last edited by wnjj; 01-25-2016 at 11:13 PM.