SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

How to create a Linux placeshifter client

Looking for instructions on building Linux placeshifter clients with open source linux version. I think this will be a better option for meto create media extenders since I dont have any android devices & not really comfortable using android os anyways. My main exposure to linux is LMDE. any help would be appreciated. Not as tech savy as most of you here but am a fast learner. have a windows server license to access epg if that can be incorporated to multiple clients?

galaxysurfer
Old 10-02-2015, 11:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

linux for media boxes

looking at this as host linux

http://resources.mini-box.com/online...inux-page.html
Old 10-02-2015, 11:56 PM
Sage Expert

Your server is the only one that would be pulling EPG data, the clients you use will get their epg data from your server.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

ok thanx haven't attempted or used an extender before. wasnt sure how a placeshifter works vs server. guess time to just dive in & try it out. learn as i go.

using http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62324
as my starting point. will do vm test till i get extra hardware to go full on. then next challenge will be remote implementation.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

ok so installed sagetv client in LMDE VM not sure how to set firewall/router to see each other since they are both on same computer? is it even possible to complete my placeshifter test this way?
Old 10-03-2015, 03:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer View Post
ok so installed sagetv client in LMDE VM not sure how to set firewall/router to see each other since they are both on same computer? is it even possible to complete my placeshifter test this way?
if the placeshifter and the sagetv server are both on the same computer, then the placeshifter will see the server. What is happening for you right now? Have you started the server? Have you started the placeshifter, and if so, is the list blank?
Old 10-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

i think my current problem is firewall /port configuration. will try setup again on a laptop so then server & client are 2 separate entities.