SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Sage Expert

How to update SageTV7 to SageTV9 OSS when using Schedules Direct for guide data

This is what I had to do to update my setup to SageTV9 OSS.

How to upgrade SageTV 7 for Windows to SageTV 9 OSS
* Note ...These instructions are based on my setup, where I use Schedules Direct for program guide population. *

1. Download the SageTV 9 OSS Windows EXE files. http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62531

2. Download the SageTV 9 OSS jar and STV files. https://bintray.com/opensagetv/sagetv/SageTV/view . Click on the latest
version .

3. Backup your wiz.bin, sage.properties, sageclient.properties files. ( I copied my complete sagetv folder to another drive
to feel safer as I had to do this a few times to get it right).

4. ***This is Important!*** Make sure Pheonix UI and Pheonix core Plugins are up to date ( Check in your installed plugins,
update if needed), it will ask you to restart. Only do this once both are installed.

****This is where I had a problem. My Phoenix components weren't up to date and sagetv would get stuck at starting
sagetv service.***

5. Restart SageTV.

6. Remove all video sources

7. Remove Schedules Direct Plugin. (It isn't compatible with SagetV 9 OSS).

8. Restart SageTV. When tuner setup screen comes up, back out of it and exit sagetv.

9. Stop SageTV service if you use that setup.

10. Copy SageTV 9 OSS replacement exe files ( SageTV.exe, SageTVClient.exe, SageTVService.exe, SageTVPlaceshifter.exe) to
"C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV" or "C:\Program Files(x86)\SageTV\SageTV\".

You may not need all of these, but sagetv.exe is needed and sagetvservice.exe and sagetv client are needed if you run
in service mode.

11. Copy SageTV 9 OSS replacement sage.jar to sagetv main folder. "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\" or "C:\Program Files
(x86)\SageTV\SageTV\".

12. Copy SageTV 9 OSS replacement STVs folder to "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\" or "C:\Program Files(x86)\SageTV
\SageTV\STVs\".

13. Start SageTV.

14. If you have Gemstone installed, you will have to reload the STV.

15. Once you install the OSS version of Schedules Direct, restart sagetv.

16. Add tuners. Restart SageTV.

17. I also added "custom_user_agent=UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 XBMC" to my sageclient.properties to allow to watch playon in HD.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

I found this post very helpful. I am fairly pc proficient but a terrible programmer, so this helped me. Thank you!