SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrent View Post
I used the client install and also had audio issues. Once I manually installed the AC3 filter it worked fine. I would rather install this separately because i noticed on the old installer (version 7) Sage would use the very outdated version even if I installed the latest version in my system. I suppose you could have it install as a separate installer package that way it could be uninstalled through ADD\REMOVE programs in windows but that was not an option in the version 7 installer.
That is how the v9 installer now does this for the AC3 Filter. I moved the install to the end of the package as when it installed it earlier and you were installing on top of V7, then the V7 removal also unregistered the new AC3Filer. So on the latest installer (beta 3 not posted yet) the AC3Filter works well for me and if you want to uninstall it you can go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall it.

And before someone suggest it be an option...it's not going to happen anytime soon as i NEED to complete this installer work and move onto Gemstone2

k
Old 01-28-2016, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
And before someone suggest it be an option...it's not going to happen anytime soon as i NEED to complete this installer work and move onto Gemstone2
That's fine with me as I am looking forward to Gemstone2.

Is there any way we can reward you for either this Installer or Gemstone2? Like an Indiegogo campaign like there was for the Android client.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

CC using MPEG 2 Decoder working in V9 UPGRADE

So, I FINALLY have this working . IF you install beta 3 on top of a V7 install it will now save the MPEGDecoder files from V7 to another location in the SageTV folder so it remains after the installer uninstalls V7, and then after V9 is installed it will then register those filters.

In my testing the CC works in this scenario of an upgrade.

And of course it will NOT work in a clean install of V9 as those filters are NOT included in V9 (as they were a commercial product not part of the Open Source).

Coming soon for others to test.....just a little more cleanup to perform as I spent a lot of time trying to get this one solved

k
Old 01-28-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
So, I FINALLY have this working . IF you install beta 3 on top of a V7 install it will now save the MPEGDecoder files from V7 to another location in the SageTV folder so it remains after the installer uninstalls V7, and then after V9 is installed it will then register those filters.

In my testing the CC works in this scenario of an upgrade.

And of course it will NOT work in a clean install of V9 as those filters are NOT included in V9 (as they were a commercial product not part of the Open Source).

Coming soon for others to test.....just a little more cleanup to perform as I spent a lot of time trying to get this one solved

k
Cool
Old 01-28-2016, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Is there any way we can reward you for either this Installer or Gemstone2? Like an Indiegogo campaign like there was for the Android client.
I am not sure a campaign is the right tool as this is really just my time spent on a tool I like to work on (SageTV/Gemstone/Phoenix). The installer really did not fit into that category but it was a pressing need and as a community if we want users to come and stay with SageTV OS then it was a necessary evil and there were NO volunteers (believe me I waited as long as I felt I could for someone else to jump in ) so I took it on. Problem is I may also need to maintain it longer term but hopefully that is minimal (famous last words).

Anyway, as everyone knows there are always costs in doing this stuff as my screen died last week and I needed to get a new video card to go with it and then I needed to pickup a laptop as testing always on virtual systems just doesn't provide accurate results (could NEVER get CC to work on my VM)...etc.

So if anyone feels the desire you may provide a gift/donation to my PayPal account - biz@jusjoken.com

Either way, I plan to keep working on this great product as numerous others have and are doing.

Thanks
k
Old 01-28-2016, 02:46 PM
SageTVaholic

I miss yougotbeer.com ... was such a great idea.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-28-2016, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Oh besure add registry to install for HD-PVR 2 and Colossus 2

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\AdditionalCaptureSetups\Hauppauge Siena Video Capture]
"CaptureMask"=dword:00000800
"ChipsetMask"=dword:00100000
This Entry has been added to the installer in beta 0.003
Old 01-28-2016, 09:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wanted to confirm that the Colossus will be recognized in the version 3 beta? Please let us know. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2016, 06:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomii View Post
Wanted to confirm that the Colossus will be recognized in the version 3 beta? Please let us know. Thanks!
If you mean that the registry will be readable by the application, then yes it will in beta 3. I have no way to test the Colossus but in theory it will be recognised.

k

Last edited by jusjoken; 01-29-2016 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks so much. I appreciate all you guys do and I could not ask for more. Wish I knew enough to help out more but I know little about coding. I am though great at braking things and testing! Haaahaaa! Thanks again!
Old 01-29-2016, 03:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Beta 0.003 now available for testing

The V9 Windows Installers for the Server, Client and the Placeshifter are ready for testing.

NOTE: This needs to be considered a BETA installer at this time and should NOT be used for a production system.

For now the files have been named with the SageTV version (9.0.4.224) with the installer version (currently 0.003) appended after "beta"....so "SageTVClientSetup_9.0.4.224_beta0.003.exe" for example. This will help track what has been tested and/or found for issues in each version. As well the installer screens show the SageTV version as well as the installer version to help us track this.

Updates in this release....
  • Installing over a V7 install will now properly perform an Upgrade as I am now using the same Upgrade codes for these products. This will then remove V7 during the install
  • On an upgrade the installer will "protect" the MPEG Filters that are part of V7 but not part of V9 so they now work AFTER V9 has upgrade V7 (they will then be in SageTV\MPEGDecoder)
  • Closed Captioning should now work as long as you perform on install of V9 over V7 in the same location.
  • AC3 Filter is now installed later in the process to ensure those filters are available after the install is complete. If desired, the user can remove this separately from SageTV from Add/Remove Programs.
  • Installation to a different folder from the default should now work.
    • Note: one restriction in WIX is that the Launch button on the Success screen cannot access an EXE other than under the Program Files Folder so if you install outside of the Program Files Folder that launch button will not operate (but the menu shortcuts work fine)
  • The Server and Client EXE's have a manifest embedded so they will now force to be run as administrator which has now resolved the access to the Registry issues
    • this resolved capture cards not being recognized
    • this resolved changes to the default Java Heap values not being recognized
  • Added an entry to support Hauppauge Siena Viedo Capture card
Please post issues/comments in this Thread

If there are not too many issues raised then I should be able to release a non-beta version soon.

k
Old 01-29-2016, 06:04 PM
Sage Expert

I just tried this upgrade on sagetv 9 that I upgraded by copying the sage server and service executibles and it failed. I've included the log file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageTV_20160129185540.txt (9.4 KB, 190 views)
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:18 PM
Sage Expert

Installed on sagetv 7.1.9.256. Install failed. I included log file. On both of these installs I added the registration code for program guide but I'm using schedules direct plugin. I don't know if this makes a difference.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageTV_20160129191530.txt (9.4 KB, 223 views)
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
Installed on sagetv 7.1.9.256. Install failed. I included log file. On both of these installs I added the registration code for program guide but I'm using schedules direct plugin. I don't know if this makes a difference.
I just tried to repeat your install and it did NOT fail so something else is different. Unfortunately the log is mostly useless without forcing the detailed log.

Please run from a command prompt...

SageTVSetup_9.0.4.224_beta0.003.exe /log .\log.txt

This will create a similar log as you provided PLUS another more detailed one. Please send me the more detailed log to see what happened.

Thanks
k
Old 01-29-2016, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
[*]Installation to a different folder from the default should now work.
  • Note: one restriction in WIX is that the Launch button on the Success screen cannot access an EXE other than under the Program Files Folder so if you install outside of the Program Files Folder that launch button will not operate (but the menu shortcuts work fine)
I did a clean install on a Win 10 pc to C;\SageTV and the install went well.

I started the service then ran SageTV as a client on the server. While doing tuner setup I did get "ERROR (-12): There was a null object requested to playback" when Sage tried to initiate the preview window and again when I tried to do a channel scan. I was able to cancel preview and stop scan to get past them and complete the setup process.

I exited Sage, stopped the service and ran Sage (not in serrvice) and then was able to do the channel scan. Now it also works in service mode so not sure if it was just a first run thing.

All is running fine now and I'll wipe and reinstall tomorrow to try to document how to recreate the above.

On the Launch button issue, maybe the button shouldn't show when not installing into Program Files folder.

Works really well over all, for me at least.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 01-29-2016, 07:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
On the Launch button issue, maybe the button shouldn't show when not installing into Program Files folder.
That was my plan....but unfortunately I have found NO way with this particular dialog to conditionally hide the button. I either offer the button always or not at all so I thought always was a convenience for the "average" user using the defaults.

But I did struggle with this decision

I am hoping that WIX 4.x (I am using 3.10 but 4 has been in progress for years...open source you know) that may release someday, will provide some better integration between the flexible MSI dialogs and the inflexible Boostrapper one that I had to use due to wrapping the runtimes into the installer.

Anyway, thanks for testing and hopefully we can resolve any of the anomalies quickly.

k
Old 01-29-2016, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
......unfortunately I have found NO way with this particular dialog to conditionally hide the button. I either offer the button always or not at all so I thought always was a convenience for the "average" user using the defaults.
k
New users would probably not know what the button was for anyway. Advanced users know the ins & outs already. You could probably just leave it off and no one would really miss it.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 01-30-2016, 09:36 AM
Sage User

I've been using the beta 001 installer with success for quite some time. The beta 2 installer failed to run. Beta 3 installer installs and runs over the beta 1 install or as a clean install.

However, I get capture device failure with my SiliconDust HD Home Run Tuners with Beta 3. Any ideas?
Old 01-30-2016, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanzim View Post
I've been using the beta 001 installer with success for quite some time. The beta 2 installer failed to run. Beta 3 installer installs and runs over the beta 1 install or as a clean install.

However, I get capture device failure with my SiliconDust HD Home Run Tuners with Beta 3. Any ideas?
Can you enable debug and recreate the issue and post the sagetv logs.

thanks
k
Old 01-30-2016, 01:39 PM
Sage Expert

This is the log file you asked for.
Attached Files
File Type: zip log_001_SageTVSetupMSI.zip (174.3 KB, 163 views)