SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghildebr View Post
I was using the beta 3 installer, and yes this was an upgrade of version 7 with the sagetv service stopped. The one thing that may make my situation unique is that my server resides on a HP Proliant ML350 running Server 2012 R2 with multiple tuners. As I said, as far as I can tell everything is working correctly. I used the server virtually all day yesterday watching the Super Bowl and never had a glitch. I believe it actually recorded a couple of episodes while I was watching live TV. I did go back and spot check one of those episodes and it did record. I did initially go back and attempt to re-register the .dll but I received an error message stating something about unable to register due to dependencies. I can get you the exact error tonight if you need it.
I don't need anything it's just an odd anomaly. I actually use a very similar HP server running 2012R2 but then use virtual machines to test on that...but they too are running 2012R2 in the VM and I have never had that error since I resolved registring DLL's after beta 0.001.

Hopefully we do not see more of this

k
Old 02-08-2016, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I reverted to v7 to get things working again, but will reinstall v9 tomorrow and see if the same issue happens. It appears that the v9 upgrade may have changed some of the settings in AC3filter, thereby breaking playback for some of my videos.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 02-08-2016, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I reverted to v7 to get things working again, but will reinstall v9 tomorrow and see if the same issue happens. It appears that the v9 upgrade may have changed some of the settings in AC3filter, thereby breaking playback for some of my videos.
I need to check the installer code as it may be forcing the default registry items for some settings even if they already exist.... i will check and let you know.

Perhaps i will also check out the registry tool as it says its xml driven so i could use that to validate what settings the installer is creating.

thanks
Old 02-08-2016, 08:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I need to check the installer code as it may be forcing the default registry items for some settings even if they already exist.... i will check and let you know.

Perhaps i will also check out the registry tool as it says its xml driven so i could use that to validate what settings the installer is creating.

thanks
Sounds good. Thanks for checking.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sounds good. Thanks for checking.
What approach did you take for this upgrade as i saw your other post about a new vm? Did you copy your sagetv v7 folder over?

if its a new vm you also need to go into the hklm \ software potentially syswow64 and export the frey key and all subkeys and then import on the new vm.

Just wondering as it looks like the installer should not be overwritting existing values....however, there is a possibilty as it is an upgrade that the uninstall of v7 that the v9 installer does may remove the old keys.

k
Old 02-09-2016, 12:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What approach did you take for this upgrade as i saw your other post about a new vm? Did you copy your sagetv v7 folder over?

if its a new vm you also need to go into the hklm \ software potentially syswow64 and export the frey key and all subkeys and then import on the new vm.

Just wondering as it looks like the installer should not be overwritting existing values....however, there is a possibilty as it is an upgrade that the uninstall of v7 that the v9 installer does may remove the old keys.

k
For the server, there was no copying, other than the wiz.bin. For the client, I installed over the top of v7. Let me know if that doesn't answer your question and I'll see if I can further elaborate with whatever details you need.

UPDATE: I performed a system restore to get the system back to the state before v9 was ever installed and everything went right back to normal. I then took note of the settings in that Registry Tool. I was correct that the v9 installer overwrote some of my settings, so that's definitely an issue for the installer. My playback issues are another story, however. I'm not sure if the v9 installer did something to merits or filter settings which isn't obvious to my memory and eyes or if something was removed during the v9 installation. I recall seeing some mention of the SageTV decoder (or something like that) being removed either intentionally or by accident. (OT) I'm currently checking out that fanart issue, so I'll be back at this later today or tomorrow.

Last edited by Skirge01; 02-09-2016 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

I tried installing the v9 client again and I can't figure out why playback doesn't work on most of my files. Recordings seem to work, but nothing that I've ripped to MKV. I can't get either ffdshow or LAV filters to function, even with the exact same settings they had before the upgrade. If you've got the time and/or desire to try and figure this one out, let me know what I can provide you with. If you're busy with other things, I can wait.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I tried installing the v9 client again and I can't figure out why playback doesn't work on most of my files. Recordings seem to work, but nothing that I've ripped to MKV. I can't get either ffdshow or LAV filters to function, even with the exact same settings they had before the upgrade. If you've got the time and/or desire to try and figure this one out, let me know what I can provide you with. If you're busy with other things, I can wait.
Post a sagetv log file from after a playback failure so we can review. Not my area of expertise but someone here my figure it out.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:56 AM

The one thing that need be fix is UAC prompt for unknown publisher
https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/m...or=-2147217396
Old 02-17-2016, 12:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
The one thing that need be fix is UAC prompt for unknown publisher
https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/m...or=-2147217396
Where are you seeing this as i have not seen this issue in all my testing. Can you provide an example?
Old 02-17-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Where are you seeing this as i have not seen this issue in all my testing. Can you provide an example?
dose this helps see screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sagetvuac.jpg (326.6 KB, 259 views)
Old 02-17-2016, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Post a sagetv log file from after a playback failure so we can review. Not my area of expertise but someone here my figure it out.
I hadn't had time to get back to this yet, but I'm wondering if the updated ffmpeg Narflex just posted may resolve some/all of what I was seeing. Will we need to wait for you to update the installer (take your time ) in order to try out the new ffmpeg or is there another way? I'm guessing those of us who don't have a development environment have to wait, but figured I'd ask.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
dose this helps see screenshot
This will go away with the next build as i found a solution without forcing elevation so no UAC prompt for client or server.

k
Old 02-17-2016, 09:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I hadn't had time to get back to this yet, but I'm wondering if the updated ffmpeg Narflex just posted may resolve some/all of what I was seeing. Will we need to wait for you to update the installer (take your time ) in order to try out the new ffmpeg or is there another way? I'm guessing those of us who don't have a development environment have to wait, but figured I'd ask.
As of now i have no means to build the windows ffmpeg so the one you have today is the one you will get till someone figures a solution to build the windows one or if the developer who is testing it out builds and uploads the binary for me to include.

k
Old 02-23-2016, 04:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Latest release available for testing (BETA).

So where do I get the latest windows beta installer? when I follow that link I see a jar file, two debian files, and 2 tars ... nothing looks very windows installer-ish.

Where should I be looking?

Thanks

*** nevermind *** found it in this thread: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...source+windows
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300

Last edited by ThePaladinTech; 02-23-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePaladinTech View Post
So where do I get the latest windows beta installer? when I follow that link I see a jar file, two debian files, and 2 tars ... nothing looks very windows installer-ish.

Where should I be looking?

Thanks

*** nevermind *** found it in this thread: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...source+windows
I am hoping to catch up and release another version this weekend if time permits. The main change will be that the client and server exe will not force needing admin to launch as well as a few small installer changes but no functionality changes.

k
Old 02-23-2016, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am not sure a campaign is the right tool as this is really just my time spent on a tool I like to work on (SageTV/Gemstone/Phoenix). The installer really did not fit into that category but it was a pressing need and as a community if we want users to come and stay with SageTV OS then it was a necessary evil and there were NO volunteers (believe me I waited as long as I felt I could for someone else to jump in ) so I took it on. Problem is I may also need to maintain it longer term but hopefully that is minimal (famous last words).

Anyway, as everyone knows there are always costs in doing this stuff as my screen died last week and I needed to get a new video card to go with it and then I needed to pickup a laptop as testing always on virtual systems just doesn't provide accurate results (could NEVER get CC to work on my VM)...etc.

So if anyone feels the desire you may provide a gift/donation to my PayPal account - biz@jusjoken.com

Either way, I plan to keep working on this great product as numerous others have and are doing.

Thanks
k
Just wanted to say thanks to those who have made donations... much appreciated. I have been back working on Gemstone 2.0 but will get a RC out for the installer soon.

k
Old 02-24-2016, 10:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Just wanted to say thanks to those who have made donations... much appreciated. I have been back working on Gemstone 2.0 but will get a RC out for the installer soon.
How does one contribute without a Paypal account?
Old 02-25-2016, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

I have had a number of requests for me to start a Indiegogo Campaign so those wishing to contribute for the work on the Windows Installer or on Gemstone 2 please take a look here....

Thanks for all the support provided so far....both monetary as well as the huge help people have been in testing and providing feedback.... it's all appreciated.

Thanks
k
Old 02-25-2016, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

New BinTray location for Windows Installers

I have separated the Windows Installer download location from the Linux location as it can be confusing when versions are not released at the same time.

The first post has been updated with both links.... (note: this is the same version for windows as previously posted....a newer version should be posted this coming weekend)

Windows Files

Linux Files

k

Last edited by jusjoken; 02-25-2016 at 05:58 PM.