SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Will the old plugins continue to work for now? (e.g. Phoenix, BMT...)
These continue to use the old Lucene jar?
I believe it was a dependency of BMT that has since be removed because it's not needed. I don't think anything else is using it.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 01-22-2017, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Will the old plugins continue to work for now? (e.g. Phoenix, BMT...)
These continue to use the old Lucene jar?
Plenty have been using the new lucene for quite some time. Haven't heard of any issues.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-23-2017, 10:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm wondering if my issue, now resolved, of some of my plugins not functioning after v7-->v9 upgrade (jetty, sagex-api) was related to my deleting the old lucene jar without uninstall before upgrade.

I did not use the plugin uninstall function but rather just deleted the file.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient
Old 01-25-2017, 10:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just went from 7=>9 on Win 8 ... took a VERY long time on the first initialization/load. Updated the plugins, rebooted, and now get the following java exception when I try to load Sage (see jpg). Any advice/ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sage Initalization Error.jpg (26.9 KB, 192 views)
Old 01-25-2017, 11:12 PM
Sage Icon

Do you have an ImageLoader.dll in the SageTV directory?
Old 01-26-2017, 04:38 AM
Sage Icon

When updating from v7 to v9 is it required/recommended to uninstall all the plugins previously installed and re-install?
Old 01-26-2017, 04:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbec View Post
Just went from 7=>9 on Win 8 ... took a VERY long time on the first initialization/load. Updated the plugins, rebooted, and now get the following java exception when I try to load Sage (see jpg). Any advice/ideas?
There should be a sagetv log. It will help determine the issue.

k
Old 01-26-2017, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
When updating from v7 to v9 is it required/recommended to uninstall all the plugins previously installed and re-install?
I don't think it's necessary to uninstall anything.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Do you have an ImageLoader.dll in the SageTV directory?
Not sure how that got deleted during the upgrade, but that did the trick. Thanks much!
Old 01-26-2017, 07:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbec View Post
Not sure how that got deleted during the upgrade, but that did the trick. Thanks much!
If that file had been modified for any reason in the past then the installer may not replace it properly. Sometimes running the installer a second time and selecting repair will clean things up.

If you manually copied that file in from somewhere i would suggest a repair may be a good idea so future upgrades will work smoothly

k
Old 04-01-2017, 12:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Upgraded my first of (3) SageTV servers today to V9, I just installed right over the existing V7 install without any modification. I performed a complete system image and backed up my SageTV install directory independently before upgrading just in case.

So far, the system just worked immediately after the install was complete (Win7 64bit). After starting the system after the V9 install, I did get the message for the missing EPG license key, so I went ahead and signed up over at the Schedules Direct Website, which was also fairly painless. Then I hopped back into the server setup and reconfigured all my tuners with the new Schedules Direct EPG service - the integration of this right in SageTV is very well done. Favorites were unaffected by the upgrade and were all in place afterwards.

The only thing that wasn't automatic was having to reconfigure all the available channels in the setup for the new EPG. In hindsight, I suppose it does make sense that this step must be done manually. Thanks to those of you who worked so hard on SageTV V9 to make this process go so smoothly.

I really only subscribe to about 10% of all available channels - is there some way to "disable all" stations instead of having to manually click on about 600 stations, and then enable just the subscribed stations?
Old 04-01-2017, 12:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I really only subscribe to about 10% of all available channels - is there some way to "disable all" stations instead of having to manually click on about 600 stations, and then enable just the subscribed stations?
In the Source Setup>Channel Setup if you click on Edit Channel Lineup on the left side the right box will be populated with several options, including Enable All Channels and Disable All Channels. There is also a channel lineup exporter/importer plugin that you could have used.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
In the Source Setup>Channel Setup if you click on Edit Channel Lineup on the left side the right box will be populated with several options, including Enable All Channels and Disable All Channels. There is also a channel lineup exporter/importer plugin that you could have used.
Thanks, I'll use those on the next couple servers.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Sage Icon

OH NO! Not *him* again

It's your friendly WHS V1 pain in the patootie back again.

I just tried to install the latest Windows version on my WHS machine this morning and have run into a problem. It does not appear on the list of servers at any of my HD Extenders.

Oddly the old SageTV Gadget DOES display the upcoming recordings schedule once it gets fully started up. I can also get into the webserver.

I used the same installer on the Win8 SageTV server and it worked fine, but not on the old WHS machine.

Reading that some installations (typically minor version upgrades) needed a second repair install I tried that and still no go.

The only error during installation was that the STVEVRPRSTR.DLL wouldn't register, but I'm pretty sure that was the case when I initially upgraded to V9 on the WHS machine.

Could it be the Java version? I remember reading something about the Java version requirement for 9.0.4 and it looks like I am running Java V7 Update 79 on the WHS machine (is that even compatible?) and running Java V7 Update 71 on the Win8 machine. So it doesn't look like it updated Java on the Win8 machine.

If a solution can't be found, or isn't possible with WHS and the newest V9 SageTV, can I just run the 9.0.3 installer to get back to that version which did work on the WHS machine?

I *always* make a backup of the SageTV folder before doing updates, but stupidly did NOT do it this time. What a dumba## I am!!

UPDATE: It definitely is a Java issue. SageTVService works, it appears to make scheduled recordings, but the files won't play in VLC. I noticed this when I tried to start SageTV.EXE on the machine and it gave me the Java error. (BTW, next time you're updating the Windows source that error message is still prompting to install Java 6)

So apparently the Java that the 9.0.14 upgrades/installs isn't working on WHS? Trying to go back to 9.0.13 now and running into the same errors I was getting the first time I tried to do it. I've got to go back and see how I finally got it working. <sigh>

Last edited by waynedunham; 05-09-2017 at 03:30 PM. Reason: UPDATE!
Old 05-09-2017, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

If it is the java version then start by installing java before installing SageTV and start with Java 7 first. Once that is installed and your sure you can do everything you want (that works with Java 7 anyway) then upgrade the java to 8 and see if you can still do everything.

I'm about to attempt this on WHSv1 myself this weekend (maybe a second time since I vaguely remember trying WHSv1 and it not working myself). And I'm planing on starting with Java 7 first.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
If it is the java version then start by installing java before installing SageTV and start with Java 7 first. Once that is installed and your sure you can do everything you want (that works with Java 7 anyway) then upgrade the java to 8 and see if you can still do everything.

I'm about to attempt this on WHSv1 myself this weekend (maybe a second time since I vaguely remember trying WHSv1 and it not working myself). And I'm planing on starting with Java 7 first.
Only problem is Java 8 throws up a big giant warning that it "requires a newer version of Windows" when you try to install it on WHS V1.

And right now I'm having trouble figuring out which version of Java I had installed on the WHS machine. I know it was a bit below the version I have on my Win8 machine, but so far the few versions I've tried to get working with SageTV V9.0.13.xxx which I had working prior to trying to install 9.0.14 haven't worked either. Keep getting the JVM error and it telling me to install Java 1.4 when I try to run SageTV.exe. <sigh>
Back at it in the morning. So far it seems to be recording my shows with the exception of the HD-PVR tuners. The HDHR Primes seem to be working OK.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:59 PM
Sage Icon

OH NO! Not *him* again!

Got it working today. I wish I could say it was easy, but with WHS it was definitely NOT easy.

The Java version was throwing me for a loop until I remembered that the Java Version # was written out to Sage.properties right near the top. So I just went back to my working bare V9 backup and found the version that it was using which I thought was working fully, but at least SageTVService worked.

So I tried putting Java 8 in but couldn't get it to work with SageTV.exe. After uninstalling Java and putting back the version that I had with the bare V9 SageTVService was working again, but SageTV.EXE still would not work. I'd get a dialogue saying it couldn't create the JVM and to install Java 1.4 (HUH?)

So now I'm not sure if Java 8 was working on WHS or not, it did throw up a warning when I tried to install it. I can't recall if SageTVService worked or not now. I really need to take better notes during these kind of sessions.

Nothing seemed to work so I went back and started from scratch. Created a bare V7 install using the regular Windows installer and not the WHS installer which caused issues with the Service Control add-in for WHS. (i.e. V9 did NOT like that, and it hosed the add-in in WHS where you couldn't install it or delete it)

After creating the bare V7 install I used the "drop in" method dropping in the exes, sage.jar, etc and also going in and deleting the old lucene.jar so the new one would work.

Then once that was working and I could finally see the machine on my extenders again I dropped in the current wiz.bin, sage.properties, etc.

Only bad thing was just like the first time I upgraded my plugins were all there in V9, but even after I updated them to the V9 versions some of them wouldn't enable, and some said everything was fine, but they definitely were not working. Just like the first time I ended up just making a list of the plugins I had and deleted everything and re-installed them. The good news is that they all now worked and also with the exception of the web server uname/pwd all my settings were still there.

But it all seems to be working again. Once I get back from a trip this month I'll be finally deciding what to replace WHS V1 with. WHSV11 (issues since it's 64bit and the firewire tuner won't work), an unused Win7 32 bit I have, or wading into unraid/docker. (I've never had ANY luck with any Linux in the past, but haven't tried in over 5 years)
Old 08-11-2017, 02:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

What is the purpose of WindowsBinaries_9_1_6.zip and how to use it? My server and all clients & placeshifters are on Windows. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guho View Post
What is the purpose of WindowsBinaries_9_1_6.zip and how to use it? My server and all clients & placeshifters are on Windows. Thanks.
that is just all the exe, dll, ax and other file for Windows
Old 08-11-2017, 07:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guho View Post
I created this on request of some developers that wanted the binaries available. I have since moved them to another location on bintray so as to not confuse users. These will now be auto generated with each release but placed elsewhere.

For fresh or upgrade installs...you should always use the posted installer as this will better enable future upgrades and ensure all system settings are in place. The Binaries should be used only for special cases.

k