SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Timelise is NOT in sync with the movie...

Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem with some of my MPG2 recordings (not all) .
When I play the recording, the playing speed is normal BUT the time line is moving faster! On some recording it moves X2 faster and on some even faster.

The result is that the recording stops before the actual show ends because the timeline is at the end faster than the recording.
I tried different codecs - but got the same result.

I hope you understand the strange problem...

When watching the recording file with VLC - all is normal.

Any idea?
Thanks,
Oren.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshapir View Post
Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem with some of my MPG2 recordings (not all) .
When I play the recording, the playing speed is normal BUT the time line is moving faster! On some recording it moves X2 faster and on some even faster.

The result is that the recording stops before the actual show ends because the timeline is at the end faster than the recording.
I tried different codecs - but got the same result.

I hope you understand the strange problem...

When watching the recording file with VLC - all is normal.

Any idea?
Thanks,
Oren.
What is the client? HD200, HD300, Desktop Client or Desktop Placeshifter?
Old 01-25-2016, 09:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Desktop client.

Oren.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:43 PM
Sage

This happens when the duration indicated by the player does not match the duration that SageTV has stored in the database. So if the DB says the file is 60 minutes...but then the media player that loads it says it's 30 minutes...the timeline will progress twice as fast in order to match them up (this feature originated because things were quite often off by a few seconds and would make them match up).
Old 01-25-2016, 09:11 PM
SageTVaholic

How is the duration determined for the timeline? I have recordings where the timeline is all screwed up and I think it is because the times tamp of the file is not the same as the recording time of the airing? This particularly happens when I use Handbrake to transcode a file - if I remember correctly I had to add a step to my process where I actually change the file time stamp for the transcoded file to match the original recording file time stamp

So it appears that Sage seems to use the airing time in some ways to determine file duration rather than the length of the file.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

I think Jeff metioned some other place that the file creation and last modified times are used to determine the length.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:33 PM
Sage

Duration of programs are calculated by looking at the media contents in the files themselves (but it's possible that this calculation differs from that of the media player). The last modified time is used when recovering files that aren't in the database; and it assumes that was the end time of the recording (and then subtracts the duration to get the start time). If it has an Airing in the database that corresponds to the file (different than the MediaFile entry for the actual recording); and the modified time is outside the reasonable bounds of the airing time...then it'll try to adjust the timestamp on the file to correct this.