SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

[HELP] Android MiniClient Play Store artwork

I'm getting ready to release this app in the play store. Part of that process involves getting screenshots on various devices (easy) and also creating artwork for the play store.

I need...

1024 w x 500 h Feature Graphic. This is large banner that will display on the play store.

320 w x 180 h TV Banner.

180 w x 120 h Promo Graphic (optional)

I have a nice 512x512 png for the HI-RES icon, now, but if someone wants to take a stab at another one, then feel free.

If nothing happens, then I'll make due by quickly creating some artwork.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:03 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe those sizes are minimum sizes, correct?

EDIT: Nevermind - I see that screenshots (which are mostly optional) can have varying sizes.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 01-28-2016 at 06:06 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:05 AM
Sage User

I'd be happy to help with graphics. Just need to know what you want beyond the sizes, like additional text? Background image? Or...?

Anyway, to start, I'll make a guess. Have a look at these:

http://www.marspremedia.com/stv/stv_...re_180x120.jpg
http://www.marspremedia.com/stv/stv_...re_320x180.jpg
http://www.marspremedia.com/stv/stv_...e_1024x500.jpg
http://www.marspremedia.com/stv/stv_...2_1024x500.jpg

If this is the sort of thing you're looking for, let me know. I don't want to leave these links active forever (going to my website), so after you've had a look let me know and I'll edit this message, then I can give you other links via private message.

The "option 2" I guessed at some text and added the Robot logo. Not sure what you had in mind. But a start, and I can make any text you want. Or none, just graphics, if that was the plan. Just need to know.

Note: Google has a number of branding rules for Android, and one of them is how the Android name is used with other products. You need to know that anyway, because your current naming may cause grief at some point with them. The proper way to name a product associated with Android is to end with "for Android" (and not with "TV" either). In other words, they don't want it called "Android miniclient for SageTV" rather the other way around, "SageTV miniclient for Android." Yes, they are anal, I'm sure you've already discovered.

Yesterday I picked up a Nexus player in preparation for loading and testing your software effort. I have the player set up (not Sage yet), so if there is something in particular you've seen in the Playstore I can go check it out to get a better idea of what you had in mind.

Let me know what you think of the images and we'll go from there. I'll check back later...

Oh, and thanks for doing this client app. Awesome. I have clung to Sage since the buy-out in hopes something like this would finally happen. Whew... was worried there for a while I might have to give it up. Nope.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamc9341 View Post
I'd be happy to help with graphics. Just need to know what you want beyond the sizes, like additional text? Background image? Or...?

Anyway, to start, I'll make a guess. Have a look at these:

http://www.marspremedia.com/stv/stv_...re_180x120.jpg
http://www.marspremedia.com/stv/stv_...re_320x180.jpg
http://www.marspremedia.com/stv/stv_...e_1024x500.jpg
http://www.marspremedia.com/stv/stv_...2_1024x500.jpg

If this is the sort of thing you're looking for, let me know. I don't want to leave these links active forever (going to my website), so after you've had a look let me know and I'll edit this message, then I can give you other links via private message.

The "option 2" I guessed at some text and added the Robot logo. Not sure what you had in mind. But a start, and I can make any text you want. Or none, just graphics, if that was the plan. Just need to know.

Note: Google has a number of branding rules for Android, and one of them is how the Android name is used with other products. You need to know that anyway, because your current naming may cause grief at some point with them. The proper way to name a product associated with Android is to end with "for Android" (and not with "TV" either). In other words, they don't want it called "Android miniclient for SageTV" rather the other way around, "SageTV miniclient for Android." Yes, they are anal, I'm sure you've already discovered.

Yesterday I picked up a Nexus player in preparation for loading and testing your software effort. I have the player set up (not Sage yet), so if there is something in particular you've seen in the Playstore I can go check it out to get a better idea of what you had in mind.

Let me know what you think of the images and we'll go from there. I'll check back later...

Oh, and thanks for doing this client app. Awesome. I have clung to Sage since the buy-out in hopes something like this would finally happen. Whew... was worried there for a while I might have to give it up. Nope.
I like them... It's way better than anything that I could have done So, with your permission, I'd like to use them when I setup the Play Store pages.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:15 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
... I don't want to leave these links active forever (going to my website), so after you've had a look let me know and I'll edit this message, then I can give you other links via private message.
You can host the images at http://imgur.com/
Sage Mini Client on Amazon Fire Sticks and Android TVs
Old 01-29-2016, 09:25 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I like them... It's way better than anything that I could have done So, with your permission, I'd like to use them when I setup the Play Store pages.
Indeed you have my permission. The least I can do. And if you need anything else for the UI give me a holler. Anything I can do to help this effort.

When do you expect to post in the Play Store? Perhaps I'll hold off installing and do it that way, then I can give you feedback on any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
You can host the images at http://imgur.com/
Yeah that or a few other ways but I didn't want them to live forever (like some things I did on the Internet decades ago that still persist!). And on my own server is easy... copy to the folder on my desktop. So my first choice usually. But thanks for the tip.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Indeed you have my permission. The least I can do. And if you need anything else for the UI give me a holler. Anything I can do to help this effort.

When do you expect to post in the Play Store? Perhaps I'll hold off installing and do it that way, then I can give you feedback on any issues.

Yeah that or a few other ways but I didn't want them to live forever (like some things I did on the Internet decades ago that still persist!). And on my own server is easy... copy to the folder on my desktop. So my first choice usually. But thanks for the tip.
I'll be pushing out another beta-9 tomorrow, and then I'll spend some time setting up the play store stuff... and then I have to update the build to sign the files (with is a PITA), so, depending on feedback on BETA-9, I'm hoping to do a Play Store release not this weekend, but the weekend after, and a Amazon Release shortly there after.