SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I took a small break from the MiniClient because I needed to reonfigure my sagetv setup at home. I recently moved to an unRAID setup and I needed to get SageTV + HDPVR + CommandIR + Comskip running in Docker container (before my wife gets back from her work trip). I'm happy to say that is now done. This weekend, I need to spend some time on a work project, but after that, I'm hoping to get back to the MiniClient, knocking of bugs, and adding features.
maybe I don't understand all the possibilities, but is this something which oneday would be able to cast from a smartphone to a Roku, etc., onto a larger screen?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 05-06-2016, 03:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda View Post
It refuses to jump no matter what I try.

Checked on my Kindle Fire HD and thd play store version says incompatible. Looking for it on Amazon. If not then I'll sideload it. Love rooted devices.

Edit: sideload of 1.0.3 failed by parser error.
So, even if you close the keyboard, and tap into the field, it doesn't move the blinking cursor to the password field?
Old 05-06-2016, 03:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
maybe I don't understand all the possibilities, but is this something which oneday would be able to cast from a smartphone to a Roku, etc., onto a larger screen?
If you are asking if the MiniClient will someday work on a Roku, then probably not by me. Someone can certainly create a MiniClient for the Roku, but, I think Android will be as far as I'll take it.

I may at some point look at adding Chromecast support to the phone/tablet version, so if a Roku supports chromecast, then maybe it'll work.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So, even if you close the keyboard, and tap into the field, it doesn't move the blinking cursor to the password field?
That's correct. I can type anything in for a username w/ the AOSP keyboard but can't get into the password field. AOSP doesn't have a tab or Next button (nor does Samsung's)

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If you are asking if the MiniClient will someday work on a Roku, then probably not by me. Someone can certainly create a MiniClient for the Roku, but, I think Android will be as far as I'll take it.

I may at some point look at adding Chromecast support to the phone/tablet version, so if a Roku supports chromecast, then maybe it'll work.
Alright, Chromecast support, that's what I was thinking about. That would be fun
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 01-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Alright, Chromecast support, that's what I was thinking about. That would be fun
Any work on Chromecast support in the MiniClient? This would be awesome - a $35 option for streaming SageTV content to the TV.

+1
Old 01-08-2017, 01:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda View Post
That's correct. I can type anything in for a username w/ the AOSP keyboard but can't get into the password field. AOSP doesn't have a tab or Next button (nor does Samsung's)
You can get out of the keyboard, and then bring up the supplemental OSD buttons (swipe from the left of the screen). In there are typical sagetv commands, of which are arrow keys. Use those to bring move to the password field, and then bring the keyboard back up to enter the password, and so on. Be sure to click Save Password, so you don't have to do this again.. ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room