SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:42 AM
Sage User

Frequency out of range when tuning DVB-S

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of upgrading to v9 and moving over from XP to Linux (Mint 17.3, 64-bit). I'm in the UK and use 2 x DVB-T and 1 x DVB-S/S2 cards

I have struggled to get a stable server working with the latest 64-bit binaries and 64-bit JVM, but I have a stable server working with the 32-bit JVM by dropping in the 9.0.4-232 Sage.jar and tweaking the startup scripts.

My Hauppauge NOVA-T-500 scans and tunes fine. (I suspect there is an issue with using both tuners on this card simultaneously, but i need to confirm).

My Hauppauge NOVA-HD-S2 card which does not find any channels when I do a scan from Sage. I can do a scan using the dvb-apps utilities and all channels are found - so the card, firmware and drivers seem to be fine.

I see errors in dmesg reporting 'frequency out of range' that appear to be due to the tuning frequency being double what it should be when doing a Sage channel scan.

I suspect that the problem may be due to line 1814 in native/so/DVBCapture2.0/sage_DVBCaptureDevice.c (tuneDVBSFrequency ) where the frequency is initially assigned to an unsigned long.
(This does not happen in the tuneDVBTFrequency function.)

So I would like to modify and rebuild the 32-bit DVBCapture2.0 library. How do I produce a 32-bit version on a 64-bit linux box using the build scripts in the github repo? Is it just a matter of setting CFLAGS in the Makefile as per this post: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...bit-using-make

My c days are mostly behind me, so any help is much appreciated.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:17 AM
Sage User

Update for anyone who's interested:

No problem with using both DVB-T tuners at the same time - I had bad lineup configs.

Fixed stability issue on 64-bit by changing int types to void* types in thread_util.c/h - there is a pull request for this.

Frequency out of range problem fixed by setting lnb.high_val,low_val and switch_val properly for the IF frequency calculations. All that unsigned long stuff was a complete red-herring, and I now have sorted out a development environment.

Next steps are to use the non-legacy v4l APIs to enable DVB-S2 tuning.

Also seems to be a problem in reading the PredefinedDVBS.frq file which is resulting on a very quick and unproductive channel scan on the DBV-S card.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes View Post
Update for anyone who's interested:
Frequency out of range problem fixed by setting lnb.high_val,low_val and switch_val properly for the IF frequency calculations. All that unsigned long stuff was a complete red-herring, and I now have sorted out a development environment.
Could you tell me how you set these values? Think I am getting the same issue here

Tags
dvb-s, tune issue