SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Favorite Channels Guide?

I've been searching everything Sage and have not found anything, so I'll ask here. Is there a function/feature or plugin that would allow me to bring up a favorite channels guide from within Sage? Typically I end up scrolling back and forth through the week looking for things I might find interesting on only a half dozen channels and they are nowhere near each other in the guide. I'd love to be able to bring them up together in a single on screen and make one pass through the week.

If not, I remember you can map channels within Sage. Could I create "Dummy" channels that map to my favorite channels and name/number them so they all appear grouped together at the bottom or top of the channel guide? The family is used to the present channel numbering/layout, so I don't want to move the originals.

Thanks!!

Bobby
Old 05-17-2016, 03:05 AM
SageTVaholic

You can't change the 'name' of the channel, but mapping them to different numbers is easy. It's done in either the Source setup (From the setup menu), or the Channel Manager (hitting ESC/Options from the Guide). What you are wanting to do is remap the 'Virtual' number. That's the number that it uses in the guide. Just map all your favorite channels to lower numbers, so they show up at the beginning of the guide, and map your other channels higher.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room