SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:39 AM
Sage User

XMLTVImportPlugin

I have created a new XMLTVImportPlugin github repository and added gradle support and some basic documentation how to install it.

The last valid source files I found was on this forum and I changed a few minor parts so it compiles and has as limited dependencies as possible.

I currently tested it only on Linux 64bit on the most recent SageTV V9 but it should most likely run fine on the other platforms using V9.

GitHub.com Repository
https://github.com/yafraorg/xmltvplugin

Build distribution
See README.md file on the repository

Examples (using a EPG XMLTV guide file) are mainly for Europe but it is quite simple to adopt to other countries in the world. The EPG XMLTV grabber I used to test was http://www.webgrabplus.com/ - I put that into a Alpine Linux docker with mono (which is very small compared to other OS installations) which you can run on daily basis to create your EPG XMLTV data file.
XMLTV using WebGrabPlus in Switzerland
Clients: HD200, Placeshift on OSX (limited) and Windows, Sage Android Client on ShieldTV and Tablets
Old 01-01-2018, 03:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just wanted to say thank you very much for this - it solved the problems I was experiencing with v9 as per discussion here: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...231#post613231
Old 01-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'd also like to add my thanks.. I've suggested that current users of the Demideus xmltv plugin should make the switch.. So hopefully you should get some more traffic and heaps of questions!
Cheers

Peter
Old 08-21-2018, 12:02 PM

Re-import epgdata.xml into sagetv

Everything works great but it wont auto update. I have to remove all sources, direct the wizard to XMLimporter, and sagetv has to re-import the epgdata.xml for it to update. If I just replace the epgdata.xml with an updated version, it doesnt auto-import/download into Sagetv. Is this expected or I am just missing something?
Old 10-14-2018, 06:46 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxett View Post
Everything works great but it wont auto update. I have to remove all sources, direct the wizard to XMLimporter, and sagetv has to re-import the epgdata.xml for it to update. If I just replace the epgdata.xml with an updated version, it doesnt auto-import/download into Sagetv. Is this expected or I am just missing something?
If you have the epgdata.xml updated, the sage server process picks it up and parses it on its daily EGP update step. Check your log files to see if this happens and if there are any issues. You must copy the updated epgdata.xml by yourself to the sage server directory into the right place, so it gets parsed by the server as mentioned above.
XMLTV using WebGrabPlus in Switzerland
Clients: HD200, Placeshift on OSX (limited) and Windows, Sage Android Client on ShieldTV and Tablets

Tags
xmltv, xmltv importer