SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage Update 9.0.8.429 (Important Update)

In 9.0.7, I introduced a fairly bad plugin bug, that basically would leave your upgraded plugins in a bad/corrupted state... Several people, including myself have been hit with this. I recommend updating to this release BEFORE upgrading any other plugins.

Here's the JAR (you can just overwrite your current jar with this one)
https://bintray.com/opensagetv/saget...-9.0.8.429.zip

If you are running unRAID set the version to 'latest' or '9.0.8.429' and restart the container.

The linux installers have been updated. I'm sure the Windows installer will get updated fairly soon as well (hopefully )

I also think this release includes the following fix, "Fixed bug in the EPG license detection logic"
Old 09-27-2016, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

If that build just happened this evening, you would be correct. That commit fixes a problem at least two users reported when using XMLTV plugins. One of the values that also means we don't have a key in WarlockRipper is NOKEY and we were not checking for it, so it was making WarlockRipper think we might have a valid license, so it was going to do a time sync, but when it tried to connect, it couldn't and would exit with an error to that effect. Also, as an end result, the guide data would not actually update using the plugin.

I would have liked to add this to CHANGELOG.md, but I'm getting a little confused about that piece right this moment. Would we want to increment the minor version every time someone releases a version for Windows or Linux and a developer commits some new changes?
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 09-27-2016, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
If that build just happened this evening, you would be correct. That commit fixes a problem at least two users reported when using XMLTV plugins. One of the values that also means we don't have a key in WarlockRipper is NOKEY and we were not checking for it, so it was making WarlockRipper think we might have a valid license, so it was going to do a time sync, but when it tried to connect, it couldn't and would exit with an error to that effect. Also, as an end result, the guide data would not actually update using the plugin.

I would have liked to add this to CHANGELOG.md, but I'm getting a little confused about that piece right this moment. Would we want to increment the minor version every time someone releases a version for Windows or Linux and a developer commits some new changes?
I think we figuring that out as we go. I think that we should probably increment the minor version for each release (although I didn't do that with this release )

I'm open to suggestions.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

I think the most reasonable approach would be if you are pushing and the latest version in that log is already published, then you would need to increment the version and start a new version entry.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 09-27-2016, 08:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
I think the most reasonable approach would be if you are pushing and the latest version in that log is already published, then you would need to increment the version and start a new version entry.
Agreed. If this is not changed for windows it means a install and a repair as an upgrade will not occur as it thinks they are the same.

When i build the windows files i also need to match the version before build and then create PR i guess as this changes the project files that hold the version....even tho the windows files didn't change. But otherwise the version numbers across the release will not match. eventually i want the msbuild scripted solution to use a common version file so i don't need to update 4 locations before build.

Open to suggestions.

k
Old 09-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've edited the docker with the new version number added to the enviroment variables in the advance view but it doesn't update. It says "Total Data Pulled: 0 B. When I check the version with the mini client it shows 9.0.7.xxx. The command window has this:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="stuckless-sagetv-server-java8" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e OPT_GENTUNER="N" -e OPT_COMMANDIR="N" -e OPT_COMSKIP="N" -e LICENCE_DATA="REMOVED" -e JAVA_MEM_MB="768" -e VERSION="9.0.8.429" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 8080:8080/tcp -p 42024:42024/tcp -p 7818:7818/tcp -p 8270:8270/udp -p 31100:31100/udp -p 31099:31099/tcp -p 16867:16867/udp -p 16869:16869/udp -p 16881:16881/tcp -v "/mnt/user/apps/sagetv/":"/opt/sagetv":rw -v "/mnt/user/media/sagetv/":"/var/media":rw -v "/mnt/user/media/Media/":"/var/mediaext":rw stuckless/sagetv-server-java8

I've also tried "Version = Latest" with no change. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks...
Old 09-28-2016, 05:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
I've edited the docker with the new version number added to the enviroment variables in the advance view but it doesn't update. It says "Total Data Pulled: 0 B. When I check the version with the mini client it shows 9.0.7.xxx. The command window has this:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="stuckless-sagetv-server-java8" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e OPT_GENTUNER="N" -e OPT_COMMANDIR="N" -e OPT_COMSKIP="N" -e LICENCE_DATA="REMOVED" -e JAVA_MEM_MB="768" -e VERSION="9.0.8.429" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 8080:8080/tcp -p 42024:42024/tcp -p 7818:7818/tcp -p 8270:8270/udp -p 31100:31100/udp -p 31099:31099/tcp -p 16867:16867/udp -p 16869:16869/udp -p 16881:16881/tcp -v "/mnt/user/apps/sagetv/":"/opt/sagetv":rw -v "/mnt/user/media/sagetv/":"/var/media":rw -v "/mnt/user/media/Media/":"/var/mediaext":rw stuckless/sagetv-server-java8

I've also tried "Version = Latest" with no change. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks...
You don't need to use the "update" on the docker menu... this is to update the container itself, and not, sagetv. SageTV is updated as part of the boot process for the container. It looks at the VERSION variable and updates accordingly. If you use 'latest' it MUST be all lowercase as well. So, in short, if you've restarted the container, it's likely updated. Just go into the System Settings menu in SageTV and pull up the system information, it'll show the version there.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thx Stuckless, this last time around the update succeeded.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Windows installers also updated.... see my signature.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Maybe it's just me - but I usually have to install on windows, and then run the installer again and select 'Repair' for it to work.

I get an error that some java Matrix class is not available after the first install. Repair fixes it.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Maybe it's just me - but I usually have to install on windows, and then run the installer again and select 'Repair' for it to work.

I get an error that some java Matrix class is not available after the first install. Repair fixes it.
I mention this in the installer thread but you are not alone. If the version does not change as in 9.0.8.x to 9.0.8.y then it will not see this as an upgrade so a repair is needed. Or if any of the exe or jar core files was manually updated by copying a file then a repair is needed as well.

If its other than these then a log from the installer would be good to review

k
Old 09-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Location: Stockton, CA - Most miserable city in the USA, SageTV makes it bearable
Since updating to this version from 9.0.4.232, I'm unable to play my imported videos. When I look on the web interface, my videos are there, but showing 0.00mb in size.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I've run a repair installation and rebooted, to no avail.
Client 1, 2, 3, and 4: HD200.
NAS: Synology DS220+ 8TB (Movie Storage)
Sage Add-ons: Jetty, Neilms Webserver (Jetty), Mobile Web, Play-On Plug-in, Comskip Plug-in
Old 09-29-2016, 03:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
In 9.0.7, I introduced a fairly bad plugin bug, that basically would leave your upgraded plugins in a bad/corrupted state... Several people, including myself have been hit with this. I recommend updating to this release BEFORE upgrading any other plugins.

Here's the JAR (you can just overwrite your current jar with this one)
https://bintray.com/opensagetv/saget...-9.0.8.429.zip

If you are running unRAID set the version to 'latest' or '9.0.8.429' and restart the container.

The linux installers have been updated. I'm sure the Windows installer will get updated fairly soon as well (hopefully )

I also think this release includes the following fix, "Fixed bug in the EPG license detection logic"
Thanks for the update. I am on 9.0.7 and I have updated a couple of plugins. How will I know if they are corrupted? Is every plugin that is updated corrupted? I did notice when updating the plugin that the version it was "updating" to was quite old - it is unlikely that the plugin needed updating.

Finally, if I do have a corrupted plugin, do I fix it by updating to 9.0.8, then uninstalling the plugin, and re-installing? Or is there a better approach?

Thanks.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac.to View Post
Thanks for the update. I am on 9.0.7 and I have updated a couple of plugins. How will I know if they are corrupted? Is every plugin that is updated corrupted? I did notice when updating the plugin that the version it was "updating" to was quite old - it is unlikely that the plugin needed updating.

Finally, if I do have a corrupted plugin, do I fix it by updating to 9.0.8, then uninstalling the plugin, and re-installing? Or is there a better approach?

Thanks.
I would update the latest 9.0.8 and then reinstall the plugins.