SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Sage User

Adding the (year) to show title, or NOT

I'm guessing that it is Phoenix or BMT that is adding the (year) to the show titles in my Sage setup, but I haven't found any options for controlling it. Is there a way to turn it off?

I wouldn't mind it if it were consistent, but there are times when some episodes of the same show will get the year added to the title some time after the recording is finished, and other episodes that don't get it. That results in them being separated in two groups in the recordings list, which drives me nuts. I had this issue with sage v7 and also now with v9.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robind View Post
I'm guessing that it is Phoenix or BMT that is adding the (year) to the show titles in my Sage setup, but I haven't found any options for controlling it. Is there a way to turn it off?

I wouldn't mind it if it were consistent, but there are times when some episodes of the same show will get the year added to the title some time after the recording is finished, and other episodes that don't get it. That results in them being separated in two groups in the recordings list, which drives me nuts. I had this issue with sage v7 and also now with v9.
It could be, BMT/Phoenix, if you are using Gemstone/Phoenix UI to view stuff... But that "title" is actually stored in a different field, called MediaTitle. If this is for TV... then it could be a couple things going on... Some shows will start having the Year in the title, as it comes from TVDB, and as such that is the title that Phoenix/Gemstone will show. If you get some shows with and without a year, it could be that those shows didn't pass the metadata lookup for whatever reason. You can use the Missing Metadata view to see which tv/movies are missing metadata.

But in short, if you are using phoenix/bmt then those titles are coming from the metadata servers, and we don't really control what they send.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Sage User

Thanks, that makes a little more sense now. I think it probably is that some episodes are getting metadata and some are not. I'll dig a little deeper.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Could you use MediaTitles for this?
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=593763
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 12-08-2016, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

No, MediaTitles doesn't seem to work for this situation (at least in my case). I have this regularly for numerous shows and it really is annoying.

What's truly baffling is that a manual lookup via BMT fixes them every time*. So, it can't find it by itself, but something in the manual lookup allows the shows to be identified correctly.

* This could be contingent on my multiple entries in MediaTitles for the problem shows. I don't know if the manual lookup would work if I didn't have those entries.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 12-08-2016, 01:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
No, MediaTitles doesn't seem to work for this situation (at least in my case). I have this regularly for numerous shows and it really is annoying.

What's truly baffling is that a manual lookup via BMT fixes them every time*. So, it can't find it by itself, but something in the manual lookup allows the shows to be identified correctly.

* This could be contingent on my multiple entries in MediaTitles for the problem shows. I don't know if the manual lookup would work if I didn't have those entries.
When I see metadata failures, it's usually because the site has too many requests (or is experiencing some issues). While Phoenix will try a couple times... it doesn't try forever... When this happens to me I keep thinking that I need a process that will go through the "failed lookups", so a few hours later, and try to re-fetch... I just haven't gotten there, yet.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

FYI, I've been seeing this a bit lately. And not just with some episodes having the (2016) added. I also have (US) on at least one and a couple cases of capitalization "with/With" not putting them in the same folder (e.g. Late Night With ... and Dancing With ...).
Old 12-09-2016, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
FYI, I've been seeing this a bit lately. And not just with some episodes having the (2016) added. I also have (US) on at least one and a couple cases of capitalization "with/With" not putting them in the same folder (e.g. Late Night With ... and Dancing With ...).
Likely all of this, is coming from "updates" to the data in TVDB... ie, if the title was "Dancing with the Stars" and then someone changed it to "Dancing With The Stars" older items will have the old title and newer items will get scraped and have the new title, so they might show up in 2 groups. That might be easy to solve with a case insenistive group by. But things like "The Office" and "The Office (US)" woud be much harder to reconcile.

I think the only way around this really would be to have a flag to tell phoenix to use the original EPG title instead of the TVDB title. (provided these are recordings and not imported tv files).
Old 12-09-2016, 04:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I think the only way around this really would be to have a flag to tell phoenix to use the original EPG title instead of the TVDB title. (provided these are recordings and not imported tv files).
Before you go too far with that thought, the EPG can do just as many dumb things with the titles. Every so often something I've recorded for years will suddenly not a ":" in the title or 3 episodes in, they suddenly decide that "the" should now be "The". This of course is noticed when the favorite stops recording.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 12-10-2016, 07:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Likely all of this, is coming from "updates" to the data in TVDB... ie, if the title was "Dancing with the Stars" and then someone changed it to "Dancing With The Stars" older items will have the old title and newer items will get scraped and have the new title, so they might show up in 2 groups. That might be easy to solve with a case insenistive group by. But things like "The Office" and "The Office (US)" woud be much harder to reconcile.

The simple solution is just rescan those titles and they will all get the latest TVDB naming.

k