SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
You are better off backing up the whole directory because there are other items you may need. For example, If you use extenders their properties are stored in subfolders.

Out of curiosity, why do you need to make changes to Sage? Isn't Premium TV totally independent from SageTV?
I have a test SageTV server and have added the Premium TV channels to SageTV using OpenDCT. So far, I have been able to view and record Premium TV channels with SageTV but I am still testing. It was pretty simple to add this to my existing SageTV setup.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:14 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
I've been using it since launch with Plex but just this weekend moved back over to SageTV. I have it set up using OpenDCT and it works fine. It's a bit of a chore to set up the tuners to have both OTA and HDHR Premium channels on the same source but it's not that bad.

Some folks grumble about picture quality but it's perfectly fine for my needs.
I am thinking about trying this out if I can get a decent OTA signal.

What is the procedure to map both lineup to one tuner?

Thanks
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 11-30-2018, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
I am thinking about trying this out if I can get a decent OTA signal.

What is the procedure to map both lineup to one tuner?

Thanks
I'm interested in this too. I just setup a new HDHR Quatro.

I assume that you cannot record both an ATSC program and a Premium TV channel on the same "tuner" at the same time?
Old 11-30-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I'm interested in this too. I just setup a new HDHR Quatro.

I assume that you cannot record both an ATSC program and a Premium TV channel on the same "tuner" at the same time?
That right work this
0 ATSC + 4 Premium
1 ATSC + 3 Premium
2 ATSC + 2 Premium
3 ATSC + 1 Premium
4 ATSC + 0 Premium

That why it good idea to have Hauppauge quadHD Tuner or 2nd HDHR Quatro in the mix

Last edited by SHS; 11-30-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Their Premium TV service as a streaming service is so weird since it is specifically tied to their devices. I understand they first a hardware company so it makes sense from a marketing perspective. But requiring the hardware to access the service is a disincentive for people to subscribe.

If I were to sign up for the service it would almost be better to buy an additional HDHR Duo just so there's always enough tuners for all our ATSC recordings.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
That why it good idea to have Hauppauge quadHD Tuner or 2nd HDHR Quatro in the mix
That really depends on your mix of TV watching. Lately I rarely see more than 3 ATSC recordings going at a time.

We actually got rid of cable TV a few years ago because we discovered that the few things we wanted to watch on cable were available streaming. We ended up getting Sling TV for those few times we wanted to watch those channels live.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am very interested in incorporating Silicondust Premium TV into my existing SageTV UnRaid setup.

I do not have a "test" SageTV setup so I am waiting on the sidelines for this to mature and hopefully someone detail how they completed the setup.

My existing SageTV has a Dual Homerun and a Prime online with my cable subscription. I have bought a Quattro which is not connected yet and my hopes were to see if I can add the Quattro with the Premium to SageTV while continuing to keep the cable subscription and Prime going until confident on the setup and picture quality of Premium.

Does anyone have a good step by step guide they can publish?
Thank you in advance.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMan321 View Post
Thank you in advance.
+1
Old 12-01-2018, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I have a test SageTV server and have added the Premium TV channels to SageTV using OpenDCT. So far, I have been able to view and record Premium TV channels with SageTV but I am still testing. It was pretty simple to add this to my existing SageTV setup.
Ah, very cool. I didn't realize you could use OpenDCT to "tune" the channels.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Ah, very cool. I didn't realize you could use OpenDCT to "tune" the channels.
The tuning with OpenDCT works well but seems a bit slow. I haven't tried to tweak anything yet. Schedules Direct has the HDHomerun Premium lineup so getting it working didn't take much effort. I de-allocated one of the tuners on my Quatro from OTA and set it up for Premium.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMan321 View Post
Thank you in advance.
I set mine up using Deacon Crusher's post -- https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...postcount=2380

A few other items that might help
Make sure you have OpenDCT working
Use the HDHomerun app before configuring SageTV to verify the Premium channels are working for you.
DC's post noted some issues with scanning the Premium channels which I didn't experience.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
The tuning with OpenDCT works well but seems a bit slow. I haven't tried to tweak anything yet. Schedules Direct has the HDHomerun Premium lineup so getting it working didn't take much effort. I de-allocated one of the tuners on my Quatro from OTA and set it up for Premium.
Some of that is because OpenDCT normally filters the stream with FFmpeg. Since the streams from Silicondust are good quality and not broken like cable, I would change the consumer for the related tuners to raw so it will just stream the original stream.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 12-09-2018, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Silicondust mysteriously lost 8 of their 45 channels. Hallmark disappeared a couple weeks back and now 7 more channels earlier this week. Strangely, they don't seem to know why this is happening. This must be very frustrating for them as they have taken so much effort to ramp up for this service, and disappointing from my perspective as I thought this would be a way to finally ditch cable TV.

Currently out of service;

Hallmark
Discovery
TLC
OWN
Animal Planet
Food
Travel
HGTV

This is a major bummer and I hope they are able to get this resolved. They are planning to issue a $10 credit to subscribed users next month.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Silicondust mysteriously lost 8 of their 45 channels. Hallmark disappeared a couple weeks back and now 7 more channels earlier this week. Strangely, they don't seem to know why this is happening. This must be very frustrating for them as they have taken so much effort to ramp up for this service, and disappointing from my perspective as I thought this would be a way to finally ditch cable TV.

Currently out of service;

Hallmark
Discovery
TLC
OWN
Animal Planet
Food
Travel
HGTV

This is a major bummer and I hope they are able to get this resolved. They are planning to issue a $10 credit to subscribed users next month.
So 3 network drop out
Hallmark
Discovery (Sister channel) Animal Planet
TLC (Sister channel) HGTV, OWN, Food, Travel
That kind of a drag but real question is why did they drop out
Old 12-10-2018, 12:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Because SD is trying to make something good for consumers? I'm not in the know, but from what I've seen it seems like a string-arm tactic to get more money or just shut down the little guy.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Sage Expert

My guess would be that the providers are coming to the realization that the SD setup allows recording of the digital stream (to whatever degree) and they don't like that.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
My guess would be that the providers are coming to the realization that the SD setup allows recording of the digital stream (to whatever degree) and they don't like that.
LoL that not going to stop US as the old saying gose if there a Will there a Way
Old 12-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
LoL that not going to stop US as the old saying gose if there a Will there a Way
Well, no. But a company like SD could feel the hurt.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
Because SD is trying to make something good for consumers? I'm not in the know, but from what I've seen it seems like a string-arm tactic to get more money or just shut down the little guy.
Follow the money, and the law. Either the networks can make more money by not allowing SD to carry it, or they are worried about the legality of SD "recording" it.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
Well, no. But a company like SD could feel the hurt.
That what I meant yes it bad for SD but that not going to stop US from find new way to record it.