SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Blu ray Ripper

Hi All, what's a good (and latest) windows program for backing up a Blu ray to an ISO file? MakeMKV fails for me saying it's expired (tried downloading latest beta). I'm hesitant to purchase something that doesn't work. Their site says no refunds. What have you had luck with?

Thanks,

Bobby
Old 11-22-2018, 06:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

AnyDVD-HD is an option for ripping to ISO or BDMV folder. DVD-Fab is another but neither is free.

Interestingly, I have begun to go the other way, I have been using AnyDVD and just started to rip using MakeMKV. I purchased MakeMKV several years ago. I seem to remember MakeMKV trial period can be extended indefinitely simply by downloading and installing the latest build (obviously, this isn't working for you).

I have tried using MakeMKV several times in the past and always have had some issue. Still seem to have a small issue but it's not enough to keep me from going forward. (Sage doesn't play the correct audio stream by default and I can't change the audio stream after starting playback - work around is to only rip the audio stream I want to use).

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

MakeMKV is still free. Since 2010 you have to put in a registration code monthly. You can find the code in their forums here.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks. I didn't know about the monthly reg code. I'll try that. Checking into AnyDVD-HD as well.

Bobby