SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
The problem is mostly that SageTV's internal format detector won't be able to detect H.265 since that wasn't really used yet when we wrote it. Also, the version of FFMPEG we used back then didn't have H265 support either...which is the fallback format detector. That's the main problem you're going to run into is having SageTV actually determine the format of the file so it'll allow playback of it. However, it *might* work if you try to playback the file after it's done recording...did you try that?
Yes I tried that and 4k playback after recording does not work on the server itself or full windows client. I hope someone will allow the external format detector to detect HEVC H.265 transport streams. I disabled the internal format detector because of earlier problems playing normal HD recordings while still recording. If someone tells me where to start I might even look into it myself. I did download the SageTV source code from GitHub.

It would really be a major victory for SageTV to be part of the 4k era. My long history with SageTV started with analog standard definition recording using MPEG2 encoder PCI cards and, Narflex&other SageTV developers willing, will continue well into the 4k era!